Thread: door seatbelt motors

Garrett booster

Exclamation door seatbelt motors

i have the door seat belts and they don't move not even a lil what do i have to do to test this, or replace them

Garrett booster

Re: door seatbelt motors

They are not supposed to move, they are actually bolted to a tab thats welded to the door frame. Hope this helps!

-Dan-

turbo addict

i think he's saying he's got those stupid passive restraint systems some have. whats involved in swapping to say Canadian spec?
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by raccoon View Post
    i think he's saying he's got those stupid passive restraint systems some have. whats involved in swapping to say Canadian spec?
    canadian spec???? i have the electric seat belts on the doors that go from front of door to back piller when door is opened and closed

What type of car is this in? On some vehicles, only the latest years had those motorized seat belts. For instance, the only difference between a 1993 Plymouth Duster and a 1994 Plymouth Duster is the addition of a motorized seat belt for the passenger.

My point is that you may be able to go to a junkyard and get the parts you need to install a normal belt.
    Vince 2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 I miss my Plymouth Duster. :(

Garrett booster

vince id like to firstly comment your car its gorgeous looks real nice with them gold five spoke wheels on her,she is a beauty..... its a 88' shadow es turbo 2 door, i believe i included that in my thread and i don't want to change it due to the fact that i'm restoring it, it's a resto-mod mods are goin to be hp, and breaking and handling. oh you wouldn't happen to know anybody who would have a console for a full power shadow in the 88-89 range would you? i can't find one to save my life.

Quote Originally Posted by t2shadow View Post
    vince id like to firstly comment your car its gorgeous looks real nice with them gold five spoke wheels on her,she is a beauty..... its a 88' shadow es turbo 2 door, i believe i included that in my thread and i don't want to change it due to the fact that i'm restoring it, it's a resto-mod mods are goin to be hp, and breaking and handling. oh you wouldn't happen to know anybody who would have a console for a full power shadow in the 88-89 range would you? i can't find one to save my life.
    Thanks for the compliments.

The junkyard near me has a ton of Shadows, but most of them are the later 1990+ versions.

Post up in the Parts Wanted section here on the forum.

Garrett booster

i have and im not having to much luck with finding the one i need and no prob mine is the full power 88 and can't find one anywhere can u give me some of them phone nums of them junk yards, thanks
    matt

Garrett booster

are the consoles the same ?

These cars had electric seat belts?

Quote Originally Posted by t2shadow View Post
    i have and im not having to much luck with finding the one i need and no prob mine is the full power 88 and can't find one anywhere can u give me some of them phone nums of them junk yards, thanks
    matt
    The junkyard I go to is in Hagerstown, MD. Where are you located?

Garrett booster

im in pavilion ny its western ny i heard theres a mopar jy in hornell but idk for sure