Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: butchsuppe

Hybrid booster

Re: butchsuppe

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post

The problem with packaging in shipping Is everyone has their own idea of what 'well packed' is and also sometimes shipping can put more stress on a package than expected.
    If I remember correctly, someone on here just LOVES when you use packing peanuts to ship him an intake manifold...
    - Dave MacArthur '83 Shelby Charger - TII conversion ("The Mistress") '08 Ranger '04 Malibu '12 Can Am Spyder RT

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamsterMan View Post
    SO Someone tell me how METZ is the scammer here???????
    First off I'm going to say, as a somewhat neutral observer, that I think both sides reacted poorly.

Metz, you come across, in this instance, IMHO, as a bit "particular" when it comes to used parts, they are used and so CANNOT be in perfect shape, at best they will have cosmetic/minor damage, this should be expected. What Butch offered for sale was a fully functional VNT turbo, which is what was delivered, you can be disappointed at the level of packaging, but it seems that was not responsible for the dent and so is immaterial to this situation. As the test showed, the dent has no effect on the functionality of the part, and so is cosmetic...

I guess the real question here is: Would you have not bought the turbo had the dent been more obvious to you? It would seem that you would have.

As for Butch, I can see him feeling like this is a case of someone making a mountain out of a mole hill, add to that the "threat" of never buying from him again, might make a person feel like it is an attempt to manipulate the seller into discounting the cost of the part and/or ambushing a future sale with a negative post or by word of mouth.

All and all, I think Butch had a bad taste left in his mouth from the sale and was acting preemptively, or out of those bad feelings. "Scammer" is probably the wrong word to use, it has a bit too negative a connotation, finicky or "particular" would be words I would have used, but when emotions get in the mix, people sometimes use a shotgun where a flyswatter would have been a better choice.

In the end its just sour grapes. Would I buy from Butch? Sure, I don't think there was any malice involved and his history bares this out. It seems it is a case of something one person wouldn't consider an issue, apparently being a big issue for the other.

There's my $.02, now can we all go back to being one, big, happy family?

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

turbo addict

Did you mention it to Butch at that time? and send him pictures of how it arrived?
    Like I said, it worked, so I didn't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by shelbydave View Post
    If I remember correctly, someone on here just LOVES when you use packing peanuts to ship him an intake manifold...
    That's a cheap shot. You'd be upset if you receive your parts in packing peanuts too.

Quote Originally Posted by tryingbe View Post
    That's a cheap shot. You'd be upset if you receive your parts in packing peanuts too.
    I gotta agree with you here...

IF you are going to use peanuts, the part has to be sealed in a bag to keep them out of the cracks and crevices! And then only as a means to fill in small gaps between the part and packing materials. Otherwise it just sifts away from the part allowing it to contact the box and beat itself and the box all to hell!

I ship a lot of stuff and DO NOT want to deal with the hassle, especially with new parts people have paid a premium for...

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

- Edmund Burke

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

Packing peanuts are worthless with heavy items, especially turbos! Best to use wadded up newspaper and lots of bubble wrap with heavy items and double walled boxes are nice too.
    Last edited by glhs727; 08-08-2010 at 08:43 AM.
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

I throw my parts around the garage before selling them. Takes all the guesswork out of it!
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by tryingbe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    I gotta agree with you here...

IF you are going to use peanuts, the part has to be sealed in a bag to keep them out of the cracks and crevices! And then only as a means to fill in small gaps between the part and packing materials. Otherwise it just sifts away from the part allowing it to contact the box and beat itself and the box all to hell!
    Ease up there cowboys!!! It was a joke, not an insult. Common Sense would tell me NOT to ship certain stuff with peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by black86glhs View Post
    I throw my parts around the garage before selling them. Takes all the guesswork out of it!
    Someone else trying to lighten up the thread...

Bottom line is BOTH parties over reacted. If Metz wants pristine condition parts, Buy new, or from an authorized vendor. Butch shouldn't have posted what he did. An unhappy buyer doesn't always mean "scammer", and unless he was going after a refund, or discount, that's all he is - unhappy.
    - Dave MacArthur '83 Shelby Charger - TII conversion ("The Mistress") '08 Ranger '04 Malibu '12 Can Am Spyder RT

turbo addict

can we all hug now?
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

I'm just a bit curious if Metz is Asian or something since that might have an effect on Butch's mood and care of packaging.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

^^^ WTF?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

hahaha a racist card!

turbo addict

dont you mean race card? wtf can us white guys play the racist card? wtf why didnt anyone tell me.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

^^^ WTF?
    No kidding. I'm at a loss there.

I too can see both sides.

In one of Butch's statements he said that there were no dents in it when it was shipped. I can see where that is a problem to the guy buying it when it shows up and he is then told that it is a used part and that he shouldn't expect it to not have dents in it.

I can easily see how Butch may think that the very dark pic which was posted showed the defect and that someone is now trying to take advantage of him. Lord knows we have all been scammed enough throughout life to be a little leery. I know Butch is old enough to remember when getting scammed probably happened much more easily as there was no internet to post pics on etc.

Well, JT's stuff came packed so well but this other guy's didn't. Butch made it VERY clear before he hates asian people so that's why I said that.

wow... you may not want to make statements like that about anyone.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    First off I'm going to say, as a somewhat neutral observer, that I think both sides reacted poorly.

Metz, you come across, in this instance, IMHO, as a bit "particular" when it comes to used parts, they are used and so CANNOT be in perfect shape, at best they will have cosmetic/minor damage, this should be expected. What Butch offered for sale was a fully functional VNT turbo, which is what was delivered, you can be disappointed at the level of packaging, but it seems that was not responsible for the dent and so is immaterial to this situation. As the test showed, the dent has no effect on the functionality of the part, and so is cosmetic...

I guess the real question here is: Would you have not bought the turbo had the dent been more obvious to you? It would seem that you would have.

As for Butch, I can see him feeling like this is a case of someone making a mountain out of a mole hill, add to that the "threat" of never buying from him again, might make a person feel like it is an attempt to manipulate the seller into discounting the cost of the part and/or ambushing a future sale with a negative post or by word of mouth.

All and all, I think Butch had a bad taste left in his mouth from the sale and was acting preemptively, or out of those bad feelings. "Scammer" is probably the wrong word to use, it has a bit too negative a connotation, finicky or "particular" would be words I would have used, but when emotions get in the mix, people sometimes use a shotgun where a flyswatter would have been a better choice.

In the end its just sour grapes. Would I buy from Butch? Sure, I don't think there was any malice involved and his history bares this out. It seems it is a case of something one person wouldn't consider an issue, apparently being a big issue for the other.

There's my $.02, now can we all go back to being one, big, happy family?

Mike
    I think you've missed the point, the turbo was sold as perfect, NO dents, so selling it like that is MISLEADING, even though it works, that's not the point. Then Butch calling him a scammer?????

Try selling a used car at a dealership hiding stuff,

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Well, JT's stuff came packed so well but this other guy's didn't. Butch made it VERY clear before he hates asian people so that's why I said that.
    Wow,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    I think you've missed the point, the turbo was sold as perfect, NO dents, so selling it like that is MISLEADING, even though it works, that's not the point.
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=49561

1.. The T2 turbo compressor housing has been on a few cartage's and whined on all of them. After listening to it for a few yrs, I replaced it with a quite T2. It's currently is on a low mileage T1 cartage and ex. housing. Has 2.5 SV and large can. You can hear this thing spool while still under vacuum. No abnormal shaft play and doesn't burn oil. $120. + shipping. 2. VNT Turbo, works great. Had this on my car but couldn't control boost due to my 2 1/2" ex sys. I loved this turbo but wasn't about to choke my free flowing ex sys to make it work properly. $300. + shipping

I don't see anything in there about it being "Perfect".... And a reasonable person could easily overlook a small dent behind a decal, especially if it is a known to be good turbo, as in he took it off his own car for reasons other than damage or defect, something he had mentioned many months ago...

And for someone stating that another person HATES a particular type of person, especially race, in a public forum, without personal knowledge of that person is irresponsibly spreading hearsay at best and slanderous on average... Seems this was meant to stir the pot, not resolve anything or even bring levity to the situation-BAD FORM!!

At this point I don't know what good can be served by continuing the conversation, it seems it is degrading into name calling and I don't think it will turn for the better...

Perhaps it is time to close this thread?

Mike

PS 1st time I've ever suggested a thread be closed!.... Not sure what that means!

- Edmund Burke

I'm not just making it up... http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=41762

Here's a quote: "Damn Japs never did give a f@ck about Americans, they have been raping our economy for decades and laughing about it. I've said it before and will say it again, we should just nuke the Bastards. F@ck em !!!!!"

There ya go. I just let it go (stupid bigotry pisses me off) but if the guy is gunna cause trouble for other's, then I figured it was worth mentioning. Take it as you will.

Some people say stuff like that when aggrivated at the world and stuff... but to think he would intentionally mess us a shipment for someone who he has never met.... no way

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    I'm not just making it up... http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=41762

Here's a quote: "Damn Japs never did give a f@ck about Americans, they have been raping our economy for decades and laughing about it. I've said it before and will say it again, we should just nuke the Bastards. F@ck em !!!!!"

There ya go. I just let it go (stupid bigotry pisses me off) but if the guy is gunna cause trouble for other's, then I figured it was worth mentioning. Take it as you will.
    If you look at the thread it was posted under, it isn't so bad. If you just look at the statement without knowing the subject behind it, it looks and sounds bad.

Some people say stuff like that when aggrivated at the world and stuff... but to think he would intentionally mess us a shipment for someone who he has never met.... no way
    Agreed. Taking the previous statement and inserting it out of context is not the way to go.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast