Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: butchsuppe

Re: butchsuppe

Out of context? Whatever. Just erase all previous comments. Thank you.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I really still don't understand how Butch's opinion of Japanese folks has anything to do with this thread. Moreover, his statements were solely directed at Japanese people and not those of Asian decent as was posted in this thread.

Having met Butch a couple of times now, I find it hard to believe he would discriminate against a poster on here.

Being racist, and resenting people who attacked our country are two wholly different things.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Out of context? Whatever. Just erase all previous comments. Thank you.
    Yes, I would say it is out of context. Believe it or not, it matters what comes before and after a person's statement.

If your point is valid, you should defend it with vigor...

What Butch said was not PC, but I hardly think he's on board with an actual nuclear strike, as any reasonable person can see. It is also reasonable to have resentment towards a people who went along with the wholesale slaughter of thousands and thousands of our countrymen, as well as Chinese, who were the subject of atrocities on par or greater than those perpetrated by the Germans...

In the end, this is alot to do about (almost) nothing.

With that, I'm letting sleeping dogs lay...

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    First off I'm going to say, as a somewhat neutral observer, that I think both sides reacted poorly.

Metz, you come across, in this instance, IMHO, as a bit "particular" when it comes to used parts, they are used and so CANNOT be in perfect shape, at best they will have cosmetic/minor damage, this should be expected. What Butch offered for sale was a fully functional VNT turbo, which is what was delivered, you can be disappointed at the level of packaging, but it seems that was not responsible for the dent and so is immaterial to this situation. As the test showed, the dent has no effect on the functionality of the part, and so is cosmetic...

I guess the real question here is: Would you have not bought the turbo had the dent been more obvious to you? It would seem that you would have.

As for Butch, I can see him feeling like this is a case of someone making a mountain out of a mole hill, add to that the "threat" of never buying from him again, might make a person feel like it is an attempt to manipulate the seller into discounting the cost of the part and/or ambushing a future sale with a negative post or by word of mouth.

All and all, I think Butch had a bad taste left in his mouth from the sale and was acting preemptively, or out of those bad feelings. "Scammer" is probably the wrong word to use, it has a bit too negative a connotation, finicky or "particular" would be words I would have used, but when emotions get in the mix, people sometimes use a shotgun where a flyswatter would have been a better choice.

In the end its just sour grapes. Would I buy from Butch? Sure, I don't think there was any malice involved and his history bares this out. It seems it is a case of something one person wouldn't consider an issue, apparently being a big issue for the other.

There's my $.02, now can we all go back to being one, big, happy family?

Mike
    Well said Mike.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Yep out of context. We all do it so don't get your Subaru's in a wreck. Some of us do it to make jokes...like me!
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Garrett booster

Wow! Again, I just wanted to tell my story so I wouldn't be thought of as a scammer. I never intended to post anything about this until being accused of a scam. This issue was already handled back in May in PM's. I could have handled it differently back then and I have learned from the experiance. As far as I'm concerned the issue of my purchase is and has been closed. I am not holding a grudge or bad feelings towards Butch at this point and if it helps I'm sorry that the transaction didn't go differently. I will get in on that group hug if you guys still want me around. LOL
    1984 DC Rampage 1990 Daytona C/S VNT 1988 Conquest

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Quote Originally Posted by METZ View Post
    Wow! Again, I just wanted to tell my story so I wouldn't be thought of as a scammer. I never intended to post anything about this until being accused of a scam. This issue was already handled back in May in PM's. I could have handled it differently back then and I have learned from the experiance. As far as I'm concerned the issue of my purchase is and has been closed. I am not holding a grudge or bad feelings towards Butch at this point and if it helps I'm sorry that the transaction didn't go differently. I will get in on that group hug if you guys still want me around. LOL
    Sure....then we can pick your pocket while in the hug!!
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

I think this thread has run it's course
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123