Thread: Merkur at the pick n' pull

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Merkur at the pick n' pull

I saw one today and was wondering if those are actual recaro seats in there?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Re: Merkur at the pick n' pull

I know that Recaros were an option in the Turbo Thunderbirds, wouldn't suprise me if they were an option for the Merkurs as well. I would think there would be a tag or some identifying mark on them.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Pics, lol. If they are real recaro's, grab them,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

XR4Ti?
    It's been 12 years since I had mine but I don't ever remember anything about Recaros in it. They were nice seats, leather too (parts car had cloth), but no Recaro. Look in old GTis.

Ron

turbo addict

ive found 2 in junk yards in the last year, neither looked to have recaros,

hey speaking of turbo Thunderbirds, there's on in my local yard... and the seats looked just like recaros, should i grab them?

turbo addict

Post pictures and I can tell you if they are recaros. You can also look under the bottom bolster and see if there is a tag. Should say Keiper/Recaro S#xxxxxxx whatever number they are.

If they are like the recaros they put in ford mustangs than walk away. Ford "Americanized" the recaro seats for their car and they are no long the good comfortable hold you in seats.

The recaros in the CSX are "True" recaro sport seats. Not modified in any away for us Americans.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mopar318 View Post
    Post pictures and I can tell you if they are recaros. You can also look under the bottom bolster and see if there is a tag. Should say Keiper/Recaro S#xxxxxxx whatever number they are.

If they are like the recaros they put in ford mustangs than walk away. Ford "Americanized" the recaro seats for their car and they are no long the good comfortable hold you in seats.

The recaros in the CSX are "True" recaro sport seats. Not modified in any away for us Americans.
    OK, these must be the ones like came in the Mustang then. They don't have a high enough bolsters to really be like the CSX from what I can recall.

As far as what to pull off of a turbo coupe, the turbo is a 60 trim T3 garrett if it is an 85-86 car. Otherwise it is a worthless IHI unit that is way too small. Get the IC if you can because those are good for a multi core unit if you can get a few of them. Also, if it still has the turbo coupe badge on the back in good shape snag it. A couple years ago NOS ones were going for $$$$.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TurboRon25 View Post
    XR4Ti?
    It's been 12 years since I had mine but I don't ever remember anything about Recaros in it. They were nice seats, leather too (parts car had cloth), but no Recaro. Look in old GTis.

Ron
    Yo Cordes, post this to the CL list... theres a couple Merkur enthusiasts in the club

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

Go pull the injectors! They are roughly a +20. Work great in our cars.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    OK, these must be the ones like came in the Mustang then. They don't have a high enough bolsters to really be like the CSX from what I can recall.

As far as what to pull off of a turbo coupe, the turbo is a 60 trim T3 garrett if it is an 85-86 car. Otherwise it is a worthless IHI unit that is way too small. Get the IC if you can because those are good for a multi core unit if you can get a few of them. Also, if it still has the turbo coupe badge on the back in good shape snag it. A couple years ago NOS ones were going for $$$$.
    it was an 88 i already pulled the turbo..
    and i already got all the badges i could find that i thought were worth it, i think i got both deck-lid decals and the bird off the nose.
    the IC is still there, its underneath the car i believe if anyone wants anything else its at Pick and Pull in summit IL