Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Neon ACR SRT4 build (aka SPYDACR)

turbo addict

Neon ACR SRT4 build (aka SPYDACR)

Well after searching for rust free TM's I gave up. My GF's mom couldnt handle her neon any more and it wasnt selling so I picked it up for a good price.

Best part is...this thing is CLEAN, and RUST FREE! I mean, I swear its from california there isnt a spot of rust on it. Check out the underbody pictures. Yes G body owners, no rust on the rockers?

The interior is also very clean updated with newer seats, and a fold down back seat. (Great for hauling things) The only thing Im going to do to the interior is make a plush carpet for it, and a new headliner....Ok maybe leather seats. Not SRT4 seats though, I cant fit in them.

The car already has a 2.4 swap done by the previous owner, and he used the custom made brackets for the power steering pump. Im going to throw in some SRT slugs, put on the srt mani/turbo, Intake manifold, throttle body, and design all my charge pipes and intercooler. Megasquirt will be used for the ECU

This will be a daily driver so I plan on keeping it simple.

I nicknamed it the neon spyder because a spider builds a web on it within hours everytime you clean a web off. Wierd..... Plates will ready "SPYDACR"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0056.jpg 
Views:	417 
Size:	504.2 KB 
ID:	24214   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0057.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	512.7 KB 
ID:	24215   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0059.jpg 
Views:	938 
Size:	525.6 KB 
ID:	24216   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0061.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	489.1 KB 
ID:	24217   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0062.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	487.8 KB 
ID:	24218   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0063.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	496.5 KB 
ID:	24219  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0064.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	493.1 KB 
ID:	24220  

Re: Neon ACR SRT4 build (aka SPYDACR)

looks pretty clean

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

So, your GF's mom was driving a Neon with ACR Konis and a 2.4 with a header? What a great mom...

Nice car. Dibs on the header when you go turbo...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    So, your GF's mom was driving a Neon with ACR Konis and a 2.4 with a header? What a great mom...
    I was thinking the same thing!

Cool project

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post

Nice car. Dibs on the header when you go turbo...
    Yup, but everything was breaking and I dont have to time fix cars that arent mine. So now it is mine!

Make an offer on the header. The car is not on the road Ive already started taking something apart. Also have the "iceman" cold air intake for sale.

Thanks to Wes for the koni adjuster, gotta get that call out in for him. He gave it to me since he bought it for his GLHS and it didnt fit

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

When I was in limbo about a car and couldn't find what I was looking for I thought about doing a neon. It was a 95 or 98 or something like that, 2 door, 5spd, clean with icy cold a/c for $900. Then I ran into a 20-something who started talking about his neon and all the trouble he got into with it, etc... Typical ricer behavior... I just rolled my eyes and gave up on the neon and kept looking for a Shadow ES 5spd...

Good luck, looks like a good find.

Well hes most the way there getting rid of that 2.0 and it having a 5 speed

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Mopar318 View Post
    Thanks to Wes for the koni adjuster, gotta get that call out in for him. He gave it to me since he bought it for his GLHS and it didnt fit
    Yes, the ACR and GLHS Koni knobs are different. I have some of both you or him need anymore.

Have fun with the ACR, those are sweet cars! My dad and I just sold our 99 ACR Coupe. I'm going to miss that car...

turbo addict

Already got a MSII in the works in trade for a turbo I have. Also took out the mopar pcm and sold it for 200, and the icman should sell for about 150 maybe a little less. Thats enough for the turbofold and a intake. Looks like Ill only have a few hundred bucks in this car.

turbo addict

MSII Oh yea I put launch control on the board too *bang*bang*
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

I have an SRT4 motor for sale
    2022 Viper runs 9s

turbo addict

Dont need a motor. Already have a N/A 2.4 that Ill be running with the stock srt rod/pistons. Pretty much a brand new engine for $600 worth of parts and labor. I may be using a newer casting head so that I can use the SRT intake but not sure yet.

turbo addict

Gutted the factory engine harness today. All I have left is the speed sensor, alternator noise suppressor, alternator charge wire starter, and solenoid wires. I depinned all the connectors from the main one (Not just cut them)

turbo addict

Turbo is in for test fitting. With a little adjustment of the adjusting rod in the back if has clearance, altough Im gonna do a little fire wall massaging, since the trubine housing almost touches, and the brake lines are in the way.

Im hoping for around 250whp in this using the stock turbo and relative low boost. around 14 psi. Im buidling a intake manifold using a half round plenum from ross, and gonna get a neon tb flange from Top fuel Bender if he ever returns my pm.

Should be enough to push this thing down the track into the 13's altough Im building it for an every day car really. Gonna keep the A/C.

boostaholic

looking good. don't know if you'll be at 250whp at only 14 psi though...and with traction you should be in the 12's if you meet your hp goal.
    -Jim Too many cars, not enough time..

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by jl93sundance View Post
    looking good. don't know if you'll be at 250whp at only 14 psi though...and with traction you should be in the 12's if you meet your hp goal.
    Dont srt's run 14psi stock? I will also have a better flowing exhaust, stage 2 injectors, large plenum intake mani, and the megasquirt so I can tune

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Mopar318 View Post
    Dont srt's run 14psi stock? I will also have a better flowing exhaust, stage 2 injectors, large plenum intake mani, and the megasquirt so I can tune
    I think somewhere around there... you might be just a little under 250 is my guess but tuning could open it up hp wise...i'd shoot for 15-17psi no reason not to.

boostaholic

maybe I missed it, but what trans/clutch are you going to be using?

turbo addict

nice knob man! i should have traded my glh omni for that car when i had the chance thats crazy that you ended up with it. i get to drive it when i drop off my seats right?
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by jl93sundance View Post
    maybe I missed it, but what trans/clutch are you going to be using?
    I think im going to stick with the 3.94 trans thats in it now. If its too much (like people have told me it will be) then I can swap in the other trans. Clutch Im not sure about yet. I have a new reman clutch sitting on my shelf but Im not sure how good the aftermarkets are, If the stock srt4 clutch works I might get a factory from the dealer.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast