Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ups fail!

Ups fail!

I don't think if we crated this radiator it would have spared it from damage. Now we get to deal with UPS claims. Anyone want to share some helpful hints? We haven't had too many failures with their shipping services up until now.

Chris-TU

PS- To the customer still waiting on his radiator. We should have this one fixed and back out to you very soon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The perils of UPS.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	24210   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The perils of UPS2.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	24211  
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

Re: Ups fail!

That'll buff out.

Bummer.....if its insured, it shouldnt be too much of a problem.

turbo addict

wow, at least its blatant.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

THAT IS HORRID!!!

...and I know i shouldn't be laughing, but GEEZ!!!! WTF!

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Wow.. FUBAR

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Thats pretty bad!

I haven't had too much trouble w/ UPS until last week when one of my customers had a part being shipped to them and it had to be sent back for damage.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    We should have this one fixed and back out to you very soon
    Fixed?!?! Looks like it needs to go to the scrap bin.

Hybrid booster

hey does it leak??? lol

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Must have been the same person who handled the grille I tried to order from rockauto.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Yep... At NOS we had a complete mech FI set-up, buzzard catcher and all, apparently dropped from a 747, and run over with a M1 Abrams! It was on a cast AL intake and it bent a corner up 45* from normal...

Did they pay for it? OF COURSE NOT!! It was simply not packaged correctly!

After that, we started using a made for the job crate/box and shock indicators, you've seen them on MythBusters, they break at a specific G-load... I forget which one was for the 6ft drop UPS says your packages have to be able to survive... Might not be worth it on a Rad, but maybe... It sure gets the driver's attention when they see them!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Scratch and dent sale?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Ouch, so that's the radiator . . .

If it helps, I'll be sure to sneer heartily at the UPS guy at work today . . . Not that I don't do that every day anyway. Fricken' brownshirts.

I would venture to guess, who ever loaded the feeder car probably put your box on its side, then put something heavy on top of it. The drive down the road could have crushed it.

Or, it could have gotten stuck in the belt system of whatever sort center it went through.

I worked at UPS for 3.5 yrs. I was very "gentle" with your package. At least I tried to be.
    James Dempsey Jr 91 Dodge Shadow ES convertible 95 Dodge Neon Sport sedan 2.4 5spd

turbo addict

Take lots of photos of it in the box!!!
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]47 Time NHRA/IHRA drag race champ-----84 Plymouth Horizon/1 of 84 HO equipped from the factory/1910 lbs, 2.5 with carb, nearly 315,000 miles-----04 SRT4/S2 with S3 turbo/12.17 @ 119/DOTs/93 Octane/SOLD-----2003 PT Cruiser GT, won a True Street class at the 2017 National Muscle Car Association World Street Finals-----2010 Toyota Prius/my delivery truck, 77.9 mpg best and NOT A PLUG IN, nearly 230,000 miles and way over 5600 miles per month! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

My son works at the St. Louis hub. You should NOT have any problems collecting on that job.

turbo addict

Good show of quality though. The core didnt rip out of the tank. The cores didnt rip and the tanks didnt separate
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

UPS Win...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ups_vs_fedex.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	24221  

turbo addict

Wow, that really did get bent up! They damaged it, nothing short of a wodden crate could have helped that.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    Good show of quality though. The core didnt rip out of the tank. The cores didnt rip and the tanks didnt separate
    Good points. I never thought of it that way.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Quote Originally Posted by ATaylorRacing View Post
    Take lots of photos of it in the box!!!
    Well, I would but they returned it to us in a different box. The original must have been too destroyed to return the radiator in. They probably didn't want us to see the tread marks.

Chris-TU

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast