Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Got Scammed, Anyone Near Atlanta?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

I Got Scammed, Anyone Near Atlanta?

So it looked like a legit Ebay auction (98.5% positive feedback and 155 or so sales) for a 16V Masi motor complete with pics of it in the engine bay. It was advertised as a "complete conversion package" with vac/wiring harness, all accessories and basically everything underhood. I thought it might be the perfect set up for my Bro's LeRampage, he's been bugging me for a 16V conversion

I won the auction and when I contacted seller, all looked good. Paypal went thru and over the next couple of days I thought about a few other parts I'd like to have from the car. So we reached a deal for some more $$ on the other parts. WHen I tried to paypal again, PayPal said that the reciepient could not recieve funds at this time. Wierd When I call him back he gave me a fishy story about it being thier fault etc. The alternate PayPal he wants me to use is not the tcpartspot@yahoo.com but elilly@uga.edu Just great, now I realize I'm dealing with Eric Lilly, a well documented TM parts scammer on this and other lists So I tried to stay cool and stayed in constant contact asking how the shipping was coming along. Lots of excuses over the next couple weeks, tuns into three weeks then four then it's becoming clearer that he is just stalling for time. I guess so he figures that i can't leave feedback?? When I click on 'leave feedback' now, that sale doesn't even come up anymore

The real kicker now is this:

Ebay auction for a Chrysler TC Getrag trans for sale from a DOHC TC Maserati

In the description, this guy mentions that he has a DOHC TC motor for sale, and he is in the same location as Eric Lilly. Earlier, in phone conversations Eric said he has a "partner" I talked with Brian on the phone, he sayd he has 5 TC's him and his partner are parting out (he did all but mention Eric's name) I didn't want him to know who I was so i jjust asked as many questions as I could about his location etc. Tomorrow I am gonna call the cops in Hiram GA, and see if they are any help. Not holding my breath on that oneScumbag scammers Any ideas guys?
    Last edited by 2.216VTurbo; 07-28-2010 at 09:28 PM.

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Re: I Got Scammed, Anyone Near Atlanta?

Peersonally, I would delete this thread until after the phone call.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Darkapollo's Avatar

Dispute with paypal.

turbo addict

Send a unhappy letter to ebay and pay pal . then if nothing use the mean side of you mind and get pay back!!!!

turbo addict

Did you use your credit card for the paypal payment? This is one lesson I have learned on all major purchases.....pay with the credit card. You can always reverse the payment on paypal. Paypal will probably dump you, but at least youre not out the $$$.

Sucks man.....I hope it works out OK for you.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

Yea, file a dispute with paypal immendiately. Because paypal will require that he at least shipped you something. I think you only get 40 days to file the paypal dispute, so do it now, and don't wait for the sellers reponse to you claim, upgrade to the dispute immediately citing the sellers previous possible involvement in other scams. Also call up his local police dept. and see if you can't get someone to at least call him him or pay him a visit. If it is small town, they are more likely to knock on his door. Hopefully their will be a td guy somewhere in the area willing to help get your stuff.
    Good Luck!!
    Thanks,
    Cindy
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Man that sucks!

Isn't Chilort from the Atlanta area?

Hybrid booster

you can call his school too. since they are using their network/mail system to defraud people...
    they have a student/faculty/students look up: (psst, this was under staff/faculty )

evan andrew lilly
    Title: IT professional assoc
    Dept.: eits-client services
    Phone: 706-542-6330
    Email: elilly@uga.edu
    Address:
    0001 stat/computer srvs
    101 cedar st.
    athens GA 30602

apparently he wants to be a vet?
    http://www.citp.uga.edu/index.php?p=CITPstaff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lilly.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	24148  

Bummer. The transmission sale is closed on Ebay at 10:30 central time. His high rating on Ebay is from sellers.
    The "good" one started selling on here? a while back but the sales seemed to go well. I was watching the sales as they went down.
    There are two brothers. Eric and Eli? I think.

Edit:

It seems like he also scammed 3 people on the Yahoo TC site. Evilsaint@yahoo

Criminal Investigations
    Police Detectives
    The City of Hiram Police Department Criminal Investigations Division (CID) is comprised of two full-time detectives and one part-time detective. Detectives are responsible for investigating crimes against persons and property.

Hiram Police detectives investigate:

* Crimes against persons, such as homicide, robbery, sexual assault, kidnapping, and child abuse / molestation
    * Crimes against property, such as burglary, larceny, motor vehicle theft, and pawn shop violations

To report crimes within the City of Hiram, please call 9-1-1 for emergencies and (770) 445-2117 for non-emergency or non-life threatening calls.

For more information on active investigations, please call (770) 943-308
    Last edited by looneytuner; 07-26-2010 at 11:54 PM.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I'm sure you have a bunch of frequent flyer miles you could cash in on. Did you get that laser I linked to yet? Unfortunately I can't think of anyone in the area I could call to solve your problem.

turbo addict

I hope the guy won"t be needing one of you spine braces!!!!!!!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    I hope the guy won"t be needing one of you spine braces!!!!!!!
    Actually, Alan could recoup the cost of everything if he had to sell one to the guy. Also, the irony would be overwhelming.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Ah S**t! Sue the punk here in CA. Take your judgment. Send it to Georgia and get it converted to a sister state judgment, attach his wages.

Paypal s**ks. I won't use it ever since they cut me off; they didn't want me to use paypal by way of my credit card. There was no issue with payment, they just didn't want to pay my credit card company their fees.

Paypal told me, "no more credit card, just sign this . . . . . which said I would give them co-signing authority on my bank account. No way. No more paypal. Forget them and their "torture the customer theory of marketing.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

why is he saying he hasn't shipped it?
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Just the kind of thing I was looking for Mark, thanks. I've contacted the UGA officials informing them thsat a student of theirs is commiting fraud/theft with his UGA email account. That may have some effect

Bill, thanks for the detective's contact info, I'm on the road tomorrow so I'll have plenty of time to make some calls

I would still prefer to get my parts rather than the $$$ but I suppose I shouldn't be too choosey at this point

Just to be clear on this thread, I am not asking nor condoning any threats of violence in this matter. This is a civil issue. Lets all be civil about it

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I'm sure you have a bunch of frequent flyer miles you could cash in on. Did you get that laser I linked to yet? Unfortunately I can't think of anyone in the area I could call to solve your problem.
    I ordered/paid for them the same day you linked it, I've kinda wondered where my box is

Hybrid booster

i hate hate hate to see people get ripped off by fools like this...

i swear, IF i ever win the lottery and never have to work the rest of my life. I will start a company that goes after these clowns and starts knocking on doors. well. first its move out of New York state... gotta keep my priorities!

Hybrid booster

I hope you get this worked out, that really sucks! I bought one of my cars on ebay, and long story short right after auction ended and I sent a payment seller decidied to go on vacation for 2 weeks, never bothered to tell me. So I gave it a few days to be polite, and then I started to track the dude down via the plate number on the car, and location etc. Cops in small towns are really friendly and were more than willing to go out and knock on doors, nothing beter to do I guess. And I second using the credit card, cause it is much easier to dispute later.

boostaholic

Eric Lilly?
    Isn't that the same guy Big PSI chased for a few years and hired a lawyer
    to sue him?

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor DOHCRT's Avatar

Alan, May be in or near Atlanta 8-10 August with a moving van. If it helps numbnuts to come clean, I can pick up the parts to save shipping hassles. I can then bring them your direction the middle of Sep when I head out for the sand show.

Vic in Phoenix

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast