Thread: Interchangeable body parts?

Hybrid booster

Interchangeable body parts?

My 87 SL has decent sized hole in the right front wheel well. It's in the area where the wheel well, firewall and strut tower come together. The local yard had a GTS so I wasn't too concerned. Went out there this morning to have them cut out the piece just to find out they crushed it.

While walking around looking at the different body styles it looks like the Daytonas had the same configuration. Is that true, and if not did any other body share the same front wheel well as the H body?

turbo addict

Re: Interchangeable body parts?

You find most of the k-based cars do share some what common sections of each other (example: strut towers are the same just welded in different locations based on wheel base, ride hieght, etc.. you can cut the spare tire tub fro one car and use it on another etc..). You probably could use the section you need in between the fire wall and strut tower from a Daytona to make your repair but beyond that i doubt much would be usable to you. Make sure that you get some floor section from the Daytona as well as I'm sure when you pull the carpet up you'll discover more carnage