Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 1991 Spirit R/T, VIN #000003

turbo addict

Re: 1991 Spirit R/T, VIN #000003

Is the new owner a member of NESDAC?

Yep...and from what I heard, it put down some pretty kick --- numbers at the NE-SDAC dyno day earlier today. :-)

Hybrid booster

That is right Gentlemen (and ladies)!! As the proud new owner of the car I've always wanted, I can happily say it has joined the ranks of the NESDAC club cars.

Flew down, and Pat was more than accomodating. I left around 7 I think, excited and slightly nervous. The car made the 458 mile trip without incident. Though I refrained from abusing it (being a great distance from home and late at night) on the ride home, everything was wonderful.

This morning I awoke and thought of missing the dyno day. But then I thought about all those meets i've missed simply because i didn't have a car, well now i have another one!!! so i dragged my @$$ out of bed and drove the spirit up.

After some hemming and hawing i decided to put it up on the dyno...what the hell. After about 550 miles of commuting in the past 12 hours, she got strapped down and proceeded to put out something i never expected

HOLY CRAP!!!

Never been so excited after purchasing a car.

Many thanks to Pat for everything.

What Daytona???

Quote Originally Posted by 89FerrariShelby View Post
    That is right Gentlemen (and ladies)!! As the proud new owner of the car I've always wanted, I can happily say it has joined the ranks of the NESDAC club cars.

Flew down, and Pat was more than accomodating. I left around 7 I think, excited and slightly nervous. The car made the 458 mile trip without incident. Though I refrained from abusing it (being a great distance from home and late at night) on the ride home, everything was wonderful.

This morning I awoke and thought of missing the dyno day. But then I thought about all those meets i've missed simply because i didn't have a car, well now i have another one!!! so i dragged my @$$ out of bed and drove the spirit up.

After some hemming and hawing i decided to put it up on the dyno...what the hell. After about 550 miles of commuting in the past 12 hours, she got strapped down and proceeded to put out something i never expected

HOLY CRAP!!!

Never been so excited after purchasing a car.

Many thanks to Pat for everything.

What Daytona???
    That is awesome, particularly for a stock computer controlled 11 psi, stock SBEC, stock IC, etc.

The best part is that there's more in it...it's running pig rich still. Get that A/F a bit leaner, and 240 is not out of the question.

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

I didn't put the name to the screen name, nice meeting you today, the car looked great in person!
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    That is awesome, particularly for a stock computer controlled 11 psi, stock SBEC, stock IC, etc.

The best part is that there's more in it...it's running pig rich still. Get that A/F a bit leaner, and 240 is not out of the question.
    Think maybe this car got a "media" cal? Seems a bit much for 11 psi. Even if it's 13-14 psi it's still nice power.

turbo addict

whats a media cal?

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by tsiconquest88 View Post
    whats a media cal?
    most of the stuff that gets reviewed by magazines and TV shows usually has been tinkered with to make it a bit more peppy.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

The car had an FWD 2 bar cal when I bought it...I put an off the shelf stock SBEC back in it when I put the car back together.

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo3Iroc View Post
    Think maybe this car got a "media" cal? Seems a bit much for 11 psi. Even if it's 13-14 psi it's still nice power.
    I wouldnt be so surprised if I were you. The problem is your used to seeing 9 out of 10 TIII cars put out crappy #s and they are usually much more modded.....!!!!!
    apparently it takes 24+psi to *try* and crack 300whp with 16 valves nowadays.....hahahahhaa.....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234