Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woot Woot I gots me..ehem..my wife a GT Cruiser

Hybrid booster

Woot Woot I gots me..ehem..my wife a GT Cruiser

I'm sorta excited. I picked this up at some little shady dealership in Mobile. The Salesman told me the price was 3500. I said.. really? How many miles? 120,000. Ok so that is kind of high but for 3500? Well, he said it also had a charging problem. When he shuts it off it won't start unless he jumps it. So we went for a test drive. He pops the hood to jump it and I noticed the red batt lead was loose. (keeping that to myself) we went for a test drive. He drove because he was afraid it would stall and not start again. So we worked out a deal and on top of it I'm going to fix one of his cars on the lot and he is going to knock some more money off the GT Cruiser. So mama gets a new ride (with a turbo) and Daddy gets it when she gets sick of it... lol

Here are some pics

Shelby Lancer # 149... R.I.P.

Hybrid booster

Re: Woot Woot I gots me..ehem..my wife a GT Cruiser

It's not perfect. It has 124,000 miles on it so it has it's nicks and scratches. Prolly going to be ready for some wheel bearings soon.. who know's. IMHO it is a small investment for a fairly new vehicle (compared to 87).

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

5 speed?

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Nice find

turbo addict

|Great deal!! I've been half looking for a great deal on one as well.....I would have snagged that one!

turbo addict

"Great MPG" ? Does that salesman come from planet Peterbilt or something.

Not a huge fan of 'em but it does sound like a decent deal (I get less picky as the price comes down LOL)

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Noodle View Post
    He pops the hood to jump it and I noticed the red batt lead was loose. (keeping that to myself) ...

... So we worked out a deal and on top of it I'm going to fix one of his cars on the lot and he is going to knock some more money off the GT Cruiser.
    I should work out that deally. There's a couple of small lots here where I'd been around them every few months for a while with various relatives looking for cars, and I swear they started taking notes...

Hybrid booster

Well, it seems as though I didn't get the good deal I thought I was getting.
    This car/truck was very poorly taken care of. The air filter hasn't been changed...probably ever. Oil was filling the air box. It has definitely been in a accident. You can tell it's been repainted. Didn't notice until I got it under florescent lights on my garage. I took the intake off and stuck my finger in the turbo.. I probably have a 1/4 of play in every direction. I am pissed. My judgment must have been clouded on the good deal I thought I was getting.
    I have a good mind to ghost ride this muther f*cker through the front door of his dealership, toss him some a.ss kick in a can and step on his throat. Looks like that NSRT-4 is going to come in handy for parts... Just gotta do it before the wife gets back from NY. She didn't really want this, I kinda pushed her into it.. for obvious reasons. lol

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Well dang.. i was gonna say, that's REALLLY low for one of those. lowest ive seen before you was $4800 for a GT.

But, as long as it looks good and runs good, i would still think you got a DECENT deal, unless you just hate owning things that have baggage (got married at 17? ). Rebuild/replace turbo, run some cleaners through it, and enjoy.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

what trans?

they dealership should have changed the fluids/filters but i wouldnt expect them to check the turbo. they usually dont know that much.

as for the oil pushing... dont those cars have PCV issues anyway that need to be modified to fix? thats probably the reason for the oil in the airbox.

good luck, im sure it wont be too bad.

Brian

Hybrid booster

For the price, I would say it's still an awesome deal! Sounds like it just needs a little bit of maintenence. Change all fluids, do timing belt/water pump. Re-build turbo, and good to go! Also, check brakes/tires/wheel bearings. I would have bought it for that price, and then put maybe 1,000 bucks into for a nice car.

The Great Carnac says..... May your clutch pedal never be stepped on by a pachyderm....5 SPEED!

Hybrid booster

This is for my wife, she doesn't want a 5-speed... Actually she refuses to learn how to drive a manual.. because she's ----ing stubborn.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    the great carnac says..... May your clutch pedal never be stepped on by a pachyderm....5 speed!
    not!!
    Last edited by ljbprrfmof; 07-17-2010 at 06:39 PM. Reason: I guessed wrong. LOL

turbo addict

were all going to be buying these and its fellow turbo neons very soon. for very very very little and becoming almost nothing

you'll like the blue more and more the longer you own it.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

turbo addict

Yeah, we'll be buying 'em for $500 and b!tchin' at each other for parting them out and or scrapping them.

"Why didn't you just patch the arch rust?"
    "Coz I can get another one for $500"

I guess I'll pop my cherry on them with a bargain basement 300,000 mile unit.. then MY mistakes will hardly matter and every other one after that will seem a hell of a lot nicer.

Hybrid booster

So I just called my Salesman "Moe". He is a little middle eastern guy, shorter than I and probably 40lbs less. I started tough talking him and telling him I was coming down there to have a chat. He said his boss was there and I could talk to him. So I tucked my .45 (you just don't know who your dealing with around these parts, lots of crime. They have had a bunch of break-ins and I know they have some guns in the office) and drove down there and tried to explain the issues. The owner basically told me sorry about your luck, you bought it "as is". So after a little more yelling, "moe" took out 100 bucks from his pocket and said I hope this helps..

... So I got oil, oil/air/trans filters, Atf-4, a/c charging sh!t and of course engine degreaser cuz I love the stuff, and my shoit needs to get clean.

turbo addict

shoit, whats wrong with it? is moe now the americanized mohammad? the only mohammad i know goes by moe.

edit nevermind i missed your post.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

If you got $100 every time you left the house to complain at someone, id say that'd be pretty sweet. Count your blessings. You implied that you got it for less than the asking price in $$, and now subtract $100 from that.. To me this deal just keeps getting BETTER. Look at it this way, if i wanted to pay someone to fix all the bodywork on my dynasty and paint it that color (which is actually one of my ambitions), it might cost me ALL of what you paid for that entire vehicle.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Hybrid booster

Vigo,
    I know I still got a deal on this. I was a little angry because my wife is coming back into town and she needs something to drive. So my mind is in overdrive, I need to do all this ---- and it seemed to keep getting worse. Almost to the point where I am kicking myself, not because I didn't really find a good deal, but because the deal I did find wasn't as good as I thought it was. Meaning, hell yeah this is a good buy, BUT I still need to get it reliable before she comes here to drive it... Money is tight with her traveling with the kids, then me buying this and having to put it on the road... Gosh
    However there was a glimmer of hope, we just talked and we are making plans to move back to NY. She isn't happy down here and she regrets taking the kids out of an excellent school they loved and putting them in a school that is sub-par. SO, she is going to stay in NY a little longer then come down here to get the kids stuff with her sister. By then I'll have the PT in tip top shape, then she is going to leave it here for me to drive.. lol and share a vehicle with her mom until I can close up shop down here and get my Yankee a.ss back home. I do love it down here, and I have met some really good people, some who I consider close friends, but I miss my Home and my family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast