Thread: circuit breaker/fuse block - HELP!

circuit breaker/fuse block - HELP!

Have put my battery in the back of my GLH-T. I need to put a circuit breaker of fuse block in the positive line that goes to the front of the car to avoid a fire. Do I need to have a 250 amp breaker/fuse or, what size? And where do I find the equipment? Thanks, Steve

Mitsu booster

Re: circuit breaker/fuse block - HELP!

The heavy positive cable that goes to the starter should not be fused, but the smaller (#10) wire that goes to the fuse box should have one, IMO. Go to napa and get an AMG fuse and use small bolts to connect it. (#782-1137 is 125A) Get marine style top post battery terminals with the brass wingnut and 5/16 stud and it will all bolt right together. Use another 5/16 bolt to hold the wire with a ring terminal to the fuse. I like to put heater hose or split loom around my starter wire any place I think it might rub.

I'm using a 125 amp circuit breaker in the daytona and shadow and haven't had any issues. Picked it up on ebay for a few bucks. I have a 125 amp one like this in my car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SCOSCHE-CIRCUIT-...item5192906d90

Quote Originally Posted by rwlbjr View Post
    The heavy positive cable that goes to the starter should not be fused, but the smaller (#10) wire that goes to the fuse box should have one, IMO. Go to napa and get an AMG fuse and use small bolts to connect it. (#782-1137 is 125A) Get marine style top post battery terminals with the brass wingnut and 5/16 stud and it will all bolt right together. Use another 5/16 bolt to hold the wire with a ring terminal to the fuse. I like to put heater hose or split loom around my starter wire any place I think it might rub.
    Thank you for your prompt reply. Steve

Quote Originally Posted by bfarroo View Post
    I'm using a 125 amp circuit breaker in the daytona and shadow and haven't had any issues. Picked it up on ebay for a few bucks. I have a 125 amp one like this in my car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SCOSCHE-CIRCUIT-...item5192906d90
    Thank you for your prompt reply, Steve