Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SDAC-20 Thanks! Nice to see everyone!

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

SDAC-20 Thanks! Nice to see everyone!

After the longest week in history, I am finally catching up online and I would like to extend a great big THANK YOU! To SDAC front office - Barry, Craig and Greg! and an especially big THANK YOU! to the SV Chapter and all those locals who helped make this year another great event!

I also would like to say that it was great to see everyone! Seeing some folks I havn't seen in a while and meeting some new folks too! This is an awesome community that I am very glad to be apart of!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

Re: SDAC-20 Thanks! Nice to see everyone!

Agreed! It was funtimes, as always... despite the doubling up with Pinks and the long drive, which resulted in some zombified days. It was nice to see everyone and all the beautiful and fast cars!!

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

Big thanks to all those involved in the planning...I had a great time as always!

boostaholic

same here, some amazing cars and cool people, I will have to make next year a couple day event.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Here here. Thanks for another great event by the SDAC group. And congratulations to all the attendees for another year of fresh and impressive cars.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

I had a great time! My 4th SDAC and I thought it was great! Maybe someday I'll actually race a T-M...

Thanks!
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

turbo addict

also had a great time despite the car being a turd the whole week because of a clogged fuel pump!!!! already planning for next year!!!!
    Last edited by 86seeS; 07-05-2010 at 10:52 AM.
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor turbo2point2's Avatar

^ What they said +1. Thank you to Barry, Craig, and everyone involved with the planning of SDAC 20. The cars get more and more impressive each year

-Brian Slowe
    87 Shadow "BSX"
    8.58 @ 162

86 GLHT
    10.62 @ 130

05 SRT4
    12.1 @ ???.??

06 Ram 3500

Garrett booster

My wife and I enjoyed it as well despite the crazy video taping "incident". This was my first event even though I have had my spirit rt for 5 years now. We hope to get to go again next year. I know everyone wants the event in their own back yard but I do hope its not too far away from me next year to make it cost prohibitive for me to attend.

Hint, the South usually if more forgiving to antics. LOL

turbo addict

Next year I wont have a TM but Im really trying to go. I really want to see the interiors all together in some of the cars Ive been doing. Is there a neon class for autocross?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbo2point2 View Post
    ^ What they said +1. Thank you to Barry, Craig, and everyone involved with the planning of SDAC 20. The cars get more and more impressive each year
    My first event since Chicago, great seeing everyone again.

Perhaps next year I'll be able to run a car =)

Gary Donovan

Working on clearing the decks.

It was great seeing old faces and meeting new people also.

Just wish I could've stayed, oh well someday I will be able to....

Guy

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tazaroo View Post
    My wife and I enjoyed it as well despite the crazy video taping "incident". This was my first event even though I have had my spirit rt for 5 years now. We hope to get to go again next year. I know everyone wants the event in their own back yard but I do hope its not too far away from me next year to make it cost prohibitive for me to attend.

Hint, the South usually if more forgiving to antics. LOL
    Kinda funny Mark that the 'quiet guy' was the one who almost got arrested that night Who knew that consent was needed to tape in MD

Another SDAC, another bunch of good memories that I'll barely remember thru a smoky haze

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

As I did in another thread, THANK YOU!! It was a lot of fun and like others, I wish my car had been more ready. And, SDAC 21 is already on my "ask-for-vacation-days" calendar for 2011!!! It really was great to meet a lot of the people I read here, and there are way too many I didn't get to meet.

I am already scheming and planning on the plans to make the Clown Car running properly next year and unless I get another between now and then, I hope to run it in as many events as possible.

Thanks again to all who planned this event and I have to agree with Mark (tazaroo), the south is much more forgiving and wouldn't it be freaking awesome to run 4 TM's wide down Z-Max Dragway?!?!

turbo addict

4 wide at z-max would be awesome!!!!
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

turbo addict

Good times indeed! Good seeing everyone. As always, im already looking forward to next year.

I had a great time as well, just got back from a 2000+ mile trek from Memphis to Hagerstown to Detroit back to Memphis! Thanks to all and looking forward to 2011 SDAC 21!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Hoosier Daddy?? Turbo Mopar Staff Clay's Avatar

Was great to see everyone again this year, always is!!

We finally got home about 2AM on Sunday, after staying in the area through Friday evening. Took in the sights in DC on Thursday, finally got my car back Thursday night. Checked out of the hotel on Friday morning then headed straight to Hershey Park (apparently via the Hershey Highway.......). Stayed there until they closed at 10PM then hit the road. Made it past the Penn Turn Pike and decided to crash for the night.......... but of course every hotel was booked....... so when we did find a room it was a smoking room for more than I paid at the Clarion. I swear to God they must burn cigarettes as air freshener, and use cigarette scented cleaner in the room. Ive NEVER in my life smelled so much cig smoke in one place. Oh well, it served its purpose.

Looking forward to next year as well. One good thing about SDAC is it always gets my car juices flowing. This last year Ive been in my car burnout funk, which seems to happen every few years. After SDAC Im ready to go again!
    Clay
    1986 GLH-T - Flat black......... learn it, love it, LIVE IT!
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86seeS View Post
    4 wide at z-max would be awesome!!!!
    LOL the Quick 16 would only be 8 passes.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

it was good to see everyone! cant wait for next year. gotta get the daytona finished up already.

brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast