Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "THE BACON" my new L bod project

boostaholic

Re: "THE BACON" my new L bod project

oh... there was a lil bash in that corner....nothing major, just hammered it out and filled the rest of it....i am however thinking about painting that section black, like the whole back roll pan...

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by 22shelby View Post
    ill have to get out my trusty metric to standard measuring tape and check both... never looked twice at em, just took the whole thing...
    20mm is apprx 7/8" so it should be nothing more then a quick visual inspection if you have a decent set of eyeballs

boostaholic

^^ haha it was kinda of a joke.....i can eyeball a 1/4 inch a 1/4 mile away...lol

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

If we're still talking about the drums, the drums themselves have something like max diam. 200 or 220 mm cast right into them. iirc.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

boostaholic

just went and checked, but 5 lug drum will not fit over 4 lug backing plates....you have to swap the plates....

boostaholic

so after one last hurahh in the daytona at 21, its finally going to meet its maker, as the shell is just to rotted on her... sad, but i did land some good memories, one being the 2nd fastest auto Gbody on the T-M turbo times!!!

anyways R.I.P lil daytona, you heart, soul and drive train will now reside in The Bacon!!!

now that its getting colder out, ive had some time to get working on this thing, tackling one of the bigger parts... wiring!!!

being that this was a carb car, it had the most simplistic wiring in it, soooo ive decided to use the SBEC set up out of the Shelby and "adapt it to the lil Lbody body wiring... this included, changing the 40 way dash side bulk head to the 50 pin daytona one... daunting task at thought but pretty simple when you just get down to it... and im pretty dang confident i got all i need.

keep in mind this is a "street car" not a daily driver, so most amenities are gone I.E. radio, heat, wipers etc...

heres a link to some pics of the swap... http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...pin&highlight=

heres some pics... kinda boring but eh its progress...

ok "pop quiz hot shot" whats wrong with this pic???

heres a neat lil thing that ive never read about but wondered for some time, and now that i know it fits, it makes mounting the Computer under the dash that much more cool , plus it gets away from that, "i hacked off the 2 ends of my computer look"...

and time for some "Pro-Stock" parts, "because race car!!!"

Alston Race Cars in Antioch IL is supplying the 8 point cage, Thanks mike and unconventional Intercooler setup ordered, more about that when it comes!!!

SDAC22 im coming out swinging!!! where ever it may be

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Looks like your typical crunchy, brittle injector harness that will crumble to dust the first time its installed and its missing the temperature sensor wire ?

boostaholic

nope try again, look closer...wires are in great shape still nice and soft, and the temp sensor i wired by itself, being this was org a TI so i had to add the sbec wire.

turbo addict
    nope try again, look closer...wires are in great shape still nice and soft, and the temp sensor i wired by itself, being this was org a TI so i had to add the sbec wire.
    Tis backwards, injector clips are sitting where they should be but the connector comes off the other side.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

...on your color TV screen... Turbo Mopar Contributor Reeves's Avatar

Ground wire is missing from the injector harness?

James Reeves - Reeves Racing
    World's Fastest 8 Valve - 146.88 mph
    86 GLH-T 9.99 at 143.78 mph
    86 GLHS #169 Mom's - complete Super 60 car
    87 Shelby Z 14.16 Dad's - mostly stock, no sh*t!
    88 Shelby Z 13.5 - been in storage for 15 years
    03 SRT-4 12.24 Mom's
    07 Charger 5.7L 12.48 Dad's

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    Tis backwards, injector clips are sitting where they should be but the connector comes off the other side.
    Ding ding ding, u won a free pass in the bacon at 22!!! Yep the injector harness is flipped, I plan on having all my engine connections come out of the bulkhead hole on the driverside.. All with the plugs easily accessible... Good eye!!! As far as the ground James, SBEC didn't use the injector ground... Sbec took car of grounding each injector individually while using a common +...

turbo addict
    Ding ding ding, u won a free pass in the bacon at 22!!! Yep the injector harness is flipped, I plan on having all my engine connections come out of the bulkhead hole on the driverside.. All with the plugs easily accessible... Good eye!!! As far as the ground James, SBEC didn't use the injector ground... Sbec took car of grounding each injector individually while using a common +...
    Wooten!

Edit: Woot autocorrects to Wooten, interesting
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    Wooten!

Edit: Woot autocorrects to Wooten, interesting
    LOL, it sorta took from your victory dance

I can't count the amount of strange auto texted things I've sent

boostaholic

well got some interior done!!, mounted the sbec, MSD box and the MSD modules... also the power distribution box.... mounted my Auto-rod switch box, and my gauge pod... things are "falling" into place very well.... enough with the bs heres the pics

before

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37006_1540073220686_1200586324_31510683_4248821_n.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	37647

after

Name:	IMG_0313.jpg 
Size:	423.9 KB 
ID:	37648Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0310.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	271.9 KB 
ID:	37649Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0312.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	287.3 KB 
ID:	37650

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Lookin good

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

well got some interior done!!, mounted the sbec, MSD box and the MSD modules... also the power distribution box.... mounted my Auto-rod switch box, and my gauge pod... things are "falling" into place very well.... enough with the bs heres the pics

before

Name:	37006_1540073220686_1200586324_31510683_4248821_n.jpg 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	37647

after

Name:	IMG_0313.jpg 
Size:	423.9 KB 
ID:	37648Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0310.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	271.9 KB 
ID:	37649Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0312.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	287.3 KB 
ID:	37650
    I really like that setup - now you have the gears turning in my head about my Daytona...

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

heres a neat lil thing that ive never read about but wondered for some time, and now that i know it fits, it makes mounting the Computer under the dash that much more cool , plus it gets away from that, "i hacked off the 2 ends of my computer look"...

Yes! truck ECU cases FTW. Much cleaner. There's a truck case for the SMEC, too, just for reference. I use one in my Daytona in the stock location.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

boostaholic

sweet!! yeah for the longest of time i was seeing people cutting the tubes off the sbec/smec... and i wasnt fond of that look, obviously i didnt get a real close look at you car Rob but yeah great minds think alike ... oh and btw i need a boost button sticker to put on the computer...

oh and the cool factor in this... i am planning on having a little computer fan to blow on the air vents of the sbec case... well where i have it, sits right in behind of one of the hvac vents on the dsah...ill attach the fan to the to the vent, a walla, computer air grabber!!

unfortunately, the computer isnt any more readly available (than in the factory spot) so changing chips isnt any quicker.... sooooo were going to need to do something about that.... im thinking flashable SBEC and your SCI cable, as the DRB is right next to the fuse box

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

use a chip extender that mounts to the inside of the glove box lid. or use one of rob's flash deals.

looking good.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Rampage16V's Avatar

Awesome coming along great!

Dean Stillie
    87 Shelby Z 2.4 Turbo 9.06@146.05
    82 Rampage 2.4 Turbo 10.14@138.02

sweet!! yeah for the longest of time i was seeing people cutting the tubes off the sbec/smec... and i wasnt fond of that look, obviously i didnt get a real close look at you car Rob but yeah great minds think alike ... oh and btw i need a boost button sticker to put on the computer...

oh and the cool factor in this... i am planning on having a little computer fan to blow on the air vents of the sbec case... well where i have it, sits right in behind of one of the hvac vents on the dsah...ill attach the fan to the to the vent, a walla, computer air grabber!!

unfortunately, the computer isnt any more readly available (than in the factory spot) so changing chips isnt any quicker.... sooooo were going to need to do something about that.... im thinking flashable SBEC and your SCI cable, as the DRB is right next to the fuse box
    Flash computer is the only way to go. I have two of them one SMEC and one SBEC. Program changes in seconds and no messing around with pulling chips, erasing, burning ect. flip a switch or push a button and 6 seconds later the computer is flashed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast