Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad deal! $280 gone! - Midnighttoker

Hybrid booster

Bad deal! $280 gone! - Midnighttoker

Back at the beginning of February, I was looking for a complete set of Pumper rims for the Omni GLH I have. I replied to posts and said I was looking for a set and Tony(midnighttoker) replied to it as well as another member. I turned to Tony because I had talked with him previously and he seemed to be the right guy to deal with, backed with a 100% feedback rating. I was told to send the agreed amount of $280 to a Rachel Brown, a "good friend" of Tony's, who had a complete set of four 16" CS Pumpers with all the center caps. I sent the money via bank check on February 24, 2010 and was told the money was recieved on March 1, 2010. I was told that the rims would be sent out the following Thursday which would've been March 4, 2010. Come March 9, 2010, I was told the rims would be shipped that day.

After a few weeks, the rims still had not reached me. I got ahold of Tony and he was able to get me Rachel Brown's phone number. My parents and I called and she said she had sent them but did not use a tracking number. We were understandably a little taken back because such a large package certainly should have a tracking number. Still, we were assured that the rims would get here. So we waited. The rims never made it here after a month of waiting.

I messaged Midnighttoker about what had happened and was told that the post office there was "slow as hell" but that he would talk to Rachel about it. After a day or so, I was told that Rachel was more than willing to send either the money back or to send another set of Pumpers her husband had at the Junkyard. I was a bit hesitant about getting another set and at this point was thinking about just getting the money back. I told Tony that I wanted to get the money back and was in turn told that she had already gotten the other set out of the junkyard which I had not asked. It was now April and I told Tony that I really would rather just have the moeny back because I was tired of waiting. About 2 days later I decided that I could wait for the second set of rims so I messaged him that if the other set of rims were sent that I wanted a for sure tracking number so I could know exactly where they were.

On April 22, 2010 I messaged Tony again, this because Rachels phone was not working and we could not get ahold of her, asking if the second set had been shipped yet. I was told that Rachel had gotten in an accident and had lost her job so she was not able to send the second set. On April 28, 2010, I asked if I could just get the money back for sure this time, it had been far too long in waiting and I decided that I didn't need the rims but that I should focus on getting the Omni GLH road legal. I asked him if Rachel and I could set up a repayment plan or something to get the $280 back. In turn I was told that Rachel was trying to sell her transmission out of her 1990 Daytona VNT in order to repay me back.

It is now July 1st and I have been MORE than patient with getting my money back. Not one of these individuals has made the effort to contact me about getting my money back or any kind of reimbursement. I am out $280 that I worked hard for and I was taken advantage of. I have copies of the messages leading up to all this and I have a copy of the bank check I sent courtesy of RBFCU.

Re: Bad deal! $280 gone!

Check sent via post office = mail fraud?
    contact the post office.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

I'm really sorry this happened

Did you post this on TD? He is a mod over there

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

I got taken for $680 from Sean Gower (redmixer88es) from TN recently. I think he is a freind of Tony's too, but not sure. BUT between these two deals, I don't think I would trust anyone from TN....
    later,
    Cindy
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Hybrid booster

Unreal!!!!!!!!! Scumbags will be scumbags, we all try to help each other out. And
    and there's people ,that should'nt be living

Trust Me...I'm "The Doctor"™ Turbo Mopar Vendor LaserXT1986's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by looneytuner View Post
    Check sent via post office = mail fraud?
    contact the post office.
    They don't do d!ck diddly sh!t.

About 10 years ago I lost $150 from a deal on SDML for an exhaust. I wish I remembered the guy's name but after 10 years it just slips past me. In any case, I did the same thing -- contacted the post office for fraud. After filling out paperwork, waiting more and more, I was essentially told I cannot be helped.

The whole concept of "mail fraud" seems like, to me, only a matter that will get results when the amounts are much higher. I wasted nearly 4-5 weeks hoping the USPS would do something, and they did squat.

To the original poster, I'm sorry to hear. When I lost my $150 10 years ago, I was tight for money then too and didn't have it to spare, so I know the feeling you are going through. I think maybe somehow TM should set something up where it lists how long you have been a part of the Turbo-Mopar community (even before the forums), to give some "sense" of a reputation (sorry, but one positive feedback isn't enough for me). I've been a part since 1997 when the only sources of info were the EEK and SDML mailing lists, and was very active on both.

I hope somehow you get back your money or the wheels
    David C. Lucidi/1986 Chrysler Laser XT aka "K.I.T.T"
    Authorized TM Decal Vendor:

"SDAC-Club decals": National & many others.
    "Turbo-Mopar": All Decals in store.
    "Turbos Unleashed": Decals in the TU store.
    "Custom and One of a Kind": PM me your specific needs!
    "G-BODY TURBO,TURBO Z, SHELBY Z decals": 100% authentic exact reproduction of factory originals, guaranteed to meet concourse level restorations.

^^ Should have did more research on your seller there are plenty of posts complaining about these same people, which I now believe live in a run down trailer park, aka white trash. A shame too cause these sites are great, well for the most part. I do hope you get that moeny back or your at least those rims show. WHy isn't this guy banned yet...???????????

I just noticed on TD that Midnighttoker banned Juggy for a bad deal......

Just wondering if this has been resolved?

MNT's repsonse on TD:

not my deal,not my thread,and not my parts

It just makes me mad that this guy acts like on TD that he had no involvement until Cindy called him out.

I think all the parties involved should be banned until these negative dealings are resolved!

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LaserXT1986 View Post
    They don't do d!ck diddly sh!t.

About 10 years ago I lost $150 from a deal on SDML for an exhaust. I wish I remembered the guy's name but after 10 years it just slips past me. In any case, I did the same thing -- contacted the post office for fraud. After filling out paperwork, waiting more and more, I was essentially told I cannot be helped.

The whole concept of "mail fraud" seems like, to me, only a matter that will get results when the amounts are much higher. I wasted nearly 4-5 weeks hoping the USPS would do something, and they did squat.

To the original poster, I'm sorry to hear. When I lost my $150 10 years ago, I was tight for money then too and didn't have it to spare, so I know the feeling you are going through. I think maybe somehow TM should set something up where it lists how long you have been a part of the Turbo-Mopar community (even before the forums), to give some "sense" of a reputation (sorry, but one positive feedback isn't enough for me). I've been a part since 1997 when the only sources of info were the EEK and SDML mailing lists, and was very active on both.

I hope somehow you get back your money or the wheels
    That doesn't work either, Chris at TU had to call out a long time SDAC member for parts that he hadn't paid for in over a year,

Quote Originally Posted by omni_840 View Post
    I just noticed on TD that Midnighttoker banned Juggy for a bad deal......

Just wondering if this has been resolved?

MNT's repsonse on TD:

not my deal,not my thread,and not my parts

It just makes me mad that this guy acts like on TD that he had no involvement until Cindy called him out.

I think all the parties involved should be banned until these negative dealings are resolved!
    Isn't that an oxymoron, a mod involved in a bad deal banning someone involved in a bad deal? Typical TD bullshit.

Paypal is the ONLY way to ensure you don't get screwed. I've recently had 3 deals go bad, 2 I got my money back and one I got the parts,

Of course nothing is guaranteed but I find most who want MO's or Chq's are going to rip you off, paypal is so easy so if you dont' have it, your hiding something.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Isn't that an oxymoron, a mod involved in a bad deal banning someone involved in a bad deal? Typical TD bullshit.
    Exactly what I was thinking

Great idea.

I refuse to go to T.D., havent been there in a while. They couldnt lure me back with free crap if they tried.
    later Dick Westerhof

turbo addict

Of course nothing is guaranteed but I find most who want MO's or Chq's are going to rip you off, paypal is so easy so if you dont' have it, your hiding something.
    I prefer M.O.'s to paypal as it's easier for me to stop and deposit it and I have nothing to hide. I have paypal but hate dealing with it's fee's or explaining how to get around them. I'll take a check but you aren't getting crap until it clears.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

I don't mind paying the fees, it's worth it for the convenience. The fees aren't all that much anyway. If you're that worried about it, factor it into your pricing.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

Paypal is the ONLY way to ensure you don't get screwed.
    ONLY if you are the buyer. The seller has no protection from the buyer getting both the part and your money if they want to be a little ----- about it and make a false claim.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mopar-tech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j4278h View Post
    ONLY if you are the buyer. The seller has no protection from the buyer getting both the part and your money if they want to be a little ----- about it and make a false claim.
    There is plenty you can do to protect yourself as a seller.

Having a tracking number short circuits 99% of problems. I have one or two people file false claims and as soon as I provide a tracking number it stops things dead in thier tracks.

I don't always provide one up front, always interesting to see who turns into a problem after the item arrives.

Working on clearing the decks.

turbo addict

^ what he said lol. Also i just want to add, Tony is a standup guy. I have had nothing but pleasant purchases from him and conversation. And though what happened to you sucks, i dont think its necessarily tony's job to fix it? from what it sounds to me, he merely found spome pumpers for you and in turn turned you to them. That seller should have got the tracking number since they were their rims and they sent out and took care of it all. And of course their job to do something about it. Tony was just directing you to them. Not trying to come off as an uncaring ------- or anything. Just applying my 2 cents. Tony had told me something happened here that he dont bother comming on anymore, but we didnt get into what i just blew it off and didnt care to get into it. Now i stumbled upon this and though i would comment. This way no one or you thinks he sent me on this thread or something to that extent, just to stick up for him so-to-speak.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j4278h View Post
    Paypal doesn't protect the buyer either. The seller just has to prove he shipped somehting. In my case the seller shipped ONE strut not all 4 and paypal told me tough crap, you received a package so there was nothing they could do..... luckily in the hundreds of transactions I have done with forum members, I have only had a handful of bad deals. But it does seem now that the ecomony is down, the theives start coming out....
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

It has to be Ebayshit causing me the issues then because I am running into pieces of ---- filing claims thru paypal that the item is not as described and bam my money is gone and they keep my part. Happens at least 2 times a month.

Every part gets a tracking number and still getting raw dogged here. The really nice one is the buyer filing a claim stating they didn't authorize the transaction.

Sorry for derailing your post boosted drummer

turbo addict

---- selling parts, their all mine!
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast