Thread: Which cars came with 11" brakes?

Which cars came with 11" brakes?

I'm checking all the parts stores trying to find someone selling the 11" rotors that don't cost an arm and a leg, but apparently the ones for the 92 are either not stocked or about $50 per. Is there another vehicle I can use to search for these or are they all the same? I would imagine so, but who knows, right?
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Re: Which cars came with 11" brakes?

Well I'd still like to know, but NAPA has them. Verified 11.1" rotors for $32 per. Excerrent!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Off the top of my head ...
    '89+ Shelby Daytona's
    '89+ LeBaron GTC's

there may be a 89-90 and 91+ difference due to hub/spindle change?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    '89+ Shelby Daytona's
    '89+ LeBaron GTC's

The knuckles changed in 91, but the rotors are the same from 89 up.

I just bought a set of these for my Shadow, ordered them from RockAuto for an 89 Shelby Daytona. Front rotors were on closeout for $20.79 ea. But they are heavy so shipping adds up, so your NAPA ones may still be a better deal.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

'89+ Shelby Daytona's
    '89+ LeBaron GTC's

Ah who knows. I swear, everything for my car is always a one-off. The phrase, "All except L body" just IRKS me!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodave View Post
    The knuckles changed in 91, but the rotors are the same from 89 up.

I just bought a set of these for my Shadow, ordered them from RockAuto for an 89 Shelby Daytona. Front rotors were on closeout for $20.79 ea. But they are heavy so shipping adds up, so your NAPA ones may still be a better deal.
    Well that is cheaper per unit, but shipping would probably kill me, as you stated. Not to mention local pick up and I waited to the last minute to do this. Hopefully I will be able to get this stuff switched this week, I really need to.

Thanks guys!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

I got new front and rear rotors for the Daytona and two sets each (F & R) of the Wagner Thermoquiet pads from Rock Auto, total was $175, about $45 of which was shipping.

Nice thing I found was the pads included some wear adjustment shims for where the caliper brackets wear down, which have never been included when I bought those pads from local parts stores. They're wonderful for getting the rattle out of the calipers.

Hybrid booster

'89+ Shelby Daytona's
    '89+ LeBaron GTC's

Spirit R/T's also have the big 11" 4-wheels discs...

As JT mentioned, I'm not sure if they're interchangable with the 89-90 stuff.

turbo addict

Easiest way I find the 11" discs is that all 91+ Daytonas and Lebaron's have them along with the rear 11" also, no other options were available for those years. But most of the parts catalogs from chain stores still show an option for 14" wheels or so which is not correct

Well I was able to find all the stuff I needed and got the brakes installed. They do pretty good, but interestingly enough the original brakes on the car seem almost as good. :\ I'll post pics later of the look of an 11" disc through the 17s.

I picked up a set from advance last summer for pretty cheap. asked for spirit R/T rotors
    95 spirit 3.0/543 15.0@91 N/A, 14.5@96 on a 50 shot RIP 87 shelby Z - project car, maybe I can drive it this year 91 spirit - roll it, chop the top, do some burnouts! RIP

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Speedeuphoria View Post
    Easiest way I find the 11" discs is that all 91+ Daytonas and Lebaron's have them along with the rear 11" also, no other options were available for those years. But most of the parts catalogs from chain stores still show an option for 14" wheels or so which is not correct
    I've seen several of those year cars with the drum brakes. I looked at a nice 91 or 92 GTC hardtop that had the 16" rims and every option available, but drum brakes

Get use to the price.

Only good news, the price of a 11in rotors haven't risen in price in I had my 92 Daytona IROC. Back then, the dealer sold them for 45 bucks a piece my cost.

When I converted my Shadow to 11in disk, I got some sticker shock. I had forgotten how much 11in rotors are compared to 10in rotors.

Hopefully our 20 dollar rotors aren't "lightweight" rotors.

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    I'm checking all the parts stores trying to find someone selling the 11" rotors that don't cost an arm and a leg, but apparently the ones for the 92 are either not stocked or about $50 per. Is there another vehicle I can use to search for these or are they all the same? I would imagine so, but who knows, right?
    James Dempsey Jr 91 Dodge Shadow ES convertible 95 Dodge Neon Sport sedan 2.4 5spd

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedeuphoria View Post
    Common myth...

Plenty of Daytonas and Lebarons still got the smaller front rotors and drums in the back or smaller front rotors and non vented disc's in the rear.

Last 3 sets of non vented rear disc brakes I pulled came from 91-94 Lebaron Convertibles.