Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold Air intake for TU Stainless Steel header

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

Re: New GT30R with Chryco Housing.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
    if u got the TU header then it really doesnt matter.....personally id go with the ford style and make a custom downpipe with external gate

bump for a good seller and turbo
    Good luck getting a 4" intake on with a TU header. LOL
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeZ View Post
    Good luck getting a 4" intake on with a TU header. LOL
    Won't be a problem

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=18

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    2022 Viper runs 9s

It is on topic JT. If you buy this turbo and use a TU header you are going to have "fun" with a cold air intake. Please take the time to read the thread Chris linked to, not just the single post. I am always glad to see a T-M staff member helping the community. Keep up the good work JT.
    Our headers were designed on the L-Body platform. We spoke with several customers who installed our hybrid headers on P-Body vehicles without issues. One person was Darren Lukach who chose a GT DBB turbo with a 4 inch inlet. TMEF has the same combination as Darren without issues. Bottom line is they fit. STOP spreading misinformation.

THANKS for your input JT

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

Our headers were designed on the L-Body platform. We spoke with several customers who installed our hybrid headers on P-Body vehicles without issues. One person was Darren Lukach who chose a GT DBB turbo with a 4 inch inlet. TMEF has the same combination as Darren without issues. Bottom line is they fit. STOP spreading misinformation.

THANKS for your input JT

Chris-TU
    not 2 be rude but TMEF has an L body....I have no problems fitting an intake on my car (L body) but a friends P body could no way run a CAI on his TO4B cover and cast header so he has no choice but to run with no filter. I could no way see a 4" inlet working when one merely 3" has no chance....

I guess its the price to pay to have a better flowing exhaust manny for some....

aside from that....NONE of this has anything to do with this turbo....but I guess jay worked his turbo in thought of keeping it in the stock location, so you could have more room to get a CAI on it....after you get your 45 or 90 degree outlet welded on to his/her likings....

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    This was my point...

Maybe we should move the discussion of how the TU header fits with differnt turbos to the turbo section?

Chris, do you have pics of the 4" inlets of the P and L bodies for reference?
    IMO it is totally related. The seller is willing weld a 90 or a straight on to the end of the turbo. The buyer should have the facts to research their options for the turbo install. I do agree that Chris should have replied back to the on going thread that is discussing the header and clearance issues. You should move back and forth discussion in to the "Cold Air intake for TU header" thread. Then leave a link from this thread to that thread so any potential buyers can research and decide what they want the seller to weld back on.
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Re: Cold Air intake for TU header

Figured I'd post up some video since Chris says I am putting incorrect info out there. You guys can be the judge.... be sure to watch it in 480p

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20100712_125916.jpg 
Views:	913 
Size:	425.1 KB 
ID:	23750   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20100712_130022.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	324.9 KB 
ID:	23751   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20100712_130030.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	371.1 KB 
ID:	23752   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20100712_130341.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	376.1 KB 
ID:	23753   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20100712_130352.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	378.2 KB 
ID:	23754   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20100712_130402.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	332.6 KB 
ID:	23755  

2022 Viper runs 9s

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Yeah this looks awesome for flow....

Quote Originally Posted by x.Gen View Post

Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

IMO it is totally related. The seller is willing weld a 90 or a straight on to the end of the turbo. The buyer should have the facts to research their options for the turbo install. I do agree that Chris should have replied back to the on going thread that is discussing the header and clearance issues. You should move back and forth discussion in to the "Cold Air intake for TU header" thread. Then leave a link from this thread to that thread so any potential buyers can research and decide what they want the seller to weld back on.
    Kevin, this customer has a cast iron hybrid header and is looking to bolt on a GT30 DBB turbo in an L-Body. This has been done many, many times before including TMEF's with a cast iron header and ForzaV-12 with the ss version. Your comments are unjustified.

Chris-TU

Kevin, this customer has a cast iron hybrid header and is looking to bolt on a GT30 DBB turbo in an L-Body. This has been done many, many times before including TMEF's with a cast iron header and ForzaV-12 with the ss version. Your comments are unjustified.

Chris-TU
    including myself
    but what if the owner had a P body......

I love your products and support you but I have seen what a cast header looks like with a B housing and there is no room for a CAI setup.....but as i mentioned its the price to pay for a better then stock exhaust manny

Figured I'd post up some video since Chris says I am putting incorrect info out there.
    Kevin, Once again, the buyer in that thread was installing a Chrysler turbine housing GT3076 DBB in an L-Body with a cast iron header. Comparing your Shadow with SS header and T04E turbo is misinforming the customer.

Chris-TU

Chris-TU
    Chris, I told you I got it work in my L-body. I SAID IT IN MY VERY FIRST POST! I did have some rubbing on the firewall and a hair of rubbing on my 3"-2.5" rubber 90....

Did you not look at the pictures or the video of it in my Shadow? Are you not listening to anyone else's complaints about it not fitting??? I mean really? Oh the cast one moves it over, yeah right. Look at the pictures/video, if my turbo moved over 1/2" it would be in the intake runner. I can move a 1/4" but that isn't going fix the clearance issue. What is more upsetting is how you avoid the problem and act like it isn't a problem. Sorry Chris my comments are more then justified, just watch the video.

Here is your header's description from your website.

TU Cast Iron Hybrid Header
    [CastHybHdr] $425.00
    TU Cast Iron Hybrid Header
    Click to enlarge

We asked ourselves what the Turbo-Dodge community was missing in a performance exhaust header. TU then went to the drawing board to design and ultimately produce our own unique version that gives this niche` market the extra advantages they’ve been waiting for.

Our primary objectives were to:
    1) Reduce turbo removal and replacement time to under an hour WITHOUT having to pull the cylinder head. Not only does this save time, but, the cost of a new head gasket as well.
    2) Allow the use of the stock style turbo as well as any TU TrannyBuster T3/T4 Hybrid & GT Dual Ball Bearing turbocharger without costly customization or fabrication.
    3) Enhance turbo efficiency by eliminating the need for 90-degree elbows when using larger T04E, T04B, etc compressor housings.
    4) Maintain compatibility with all 8-valve Turbo Dodge vehicles*
    5) Maintain compatibility with other TU performance products (ie. 3" Swingvalve, 3" Downpipe, etc.).
    6) Decrease spool time by incorporating step header design.
    7) Offer a more affordable header option for the budget minded enthusiast.
    8) Provide EGT bosses for all 4 cylinders including an additional one just before the turbo.

The TU Cast Iron header kit includes all the necessary components and extensions to keep installation simple and hassle free. Our Cast Iron Headers contain a high content of NI and SI providing superior strength in comparison to other aftermarket manifolds. They are reliable enough for every day use and rugged enough for extreme duty applications. We offer our Thermal Coating upgrade (see photo) to maintain maximum exhaust velocity, decrease under hood temperatures and to keep that header looking brand new all the time. Our step header design enhances exhaust flow even more by slowly increasing the log size from the number 1 to number 4 cylinders. An external wastegate actuator option is already incorporated into the header for those serious racers not using the standard swingvalve set up. Available for Chrysler or Ford turbine housings. Please be aware that these headers are NEW castings and not used products. *Fits all cable shifted vehicles. This includes models using A-525 when converted to cable shifter.

Due to variations in castings oil drainback tubes and flanges are not pre-assembled. Customer will need to align turbo oil drainback tubes and have welded. As with any cast iron product, slight core shift variations may be present. We strongly suggest port matching this product to the cylinder head and turbine housing in order to obtain the highest flow quality. This product is currently in stock and shipping now
    2022 Viper runs 9s

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Yeah this looks awesome for flow....
    they actually flow pretty damn decent.

turbo addict

OMG REALLY YOU GUYS?!!? I'm all for bringing problems of products to people's or vendor's attention. It makes for a better product if done properly. But keep it in your own thread. I wonder how much farther your T04b sticks out from the exhaust housing than a GT30R with a TU machined Chryco housing?

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    Turbo is not for sale anylonger anyway and fwiw, it was welded back together.
    Mike is sort of right on this The Chryco housing GT30R is no longer for sale. But a GT30R with a Ford housing might possibly be.

Kevin, Once again, the buyer in that thread was installing a Chrysler turbine housing GT3076 DBB in an L-Body with a cast iron header. Comparing your Shadow with SS header and T04E turbo is misinforming the customer.

Chris-TU
    The thread is open to anyone on the forum to buy from. Who is the say the owner isn't going to one day own a p-body and wants to use the setup in that car. Which is the boat I am in.
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Austrian Dodge's Avatar

cool. IIRC my GLHS stuck out 3" and the CSX was 5". What year is your daytona?
    from the firewall to the mastercylinder it's 6.3"

Hybrid booster

Chris-TU
    Chris -
    I'm an occasional buyer who absolutely LOVES your products and am happy to send money your way every chance I get. I don't think a single one of us would have the same fun with our cars without your products, or your support and contributions to community. you're a good guy who stands behind what he sells and there are probably hundreds of us willing to say that. had a transaction with Kevin eons ago and know he is a solid member, although I haven't followed every last post of his - I don't think he'd look to make problems or flame you.

please try to review the thread with a cool head and watch that video. I'm surprised Kevin was silent thru that video, I can imagine how hot he must be about this. it looks like it is way more than rubbing the booster to me. seems like (relatively) objective customer feedback.

as I posted earlier, a header is on the list of pending mods for me. even though I have a G-body, of course I want to know of fitment problems in advance. pulling a head to install a header and a hybrid turbo (a new one in my case) to find out it doesn't fit is something no one wants to deal with. yeah, we're all hot-rodding and sometimes you've got to massage things a little. he's said as much earlier in the thread. after that video, and saying it did fit his L-body, but not his P-body - there isn't much he can do except continue to post so someone else doesn't have the same headache.

I think if you correct the description on your site to address P-body's (not L's), it might help. sounds like that's all he's asking for. if you test fit a P-body (with the cast), and it fit and is an isolated case, I would understand you not wanting to change the description...I did read about the SS headers being on a jig, and flange placement, etc., but reading the whole thread, I think BadAndy had the same issue on his P-body and simply didn't post about it. I remember this because I saw badAndy's post selling the header originally and wondered why he would sell it. the situation does seem to need further review at the least...how many P-body owner's had the same problem, etc.

just a thought.

Hybrid booster

and before you say it, I know you were clarifying with the difference in headers, Chris. posting here that it (cast header) was test fit with TO4E's or whatever, on all bodies, would be enough of an answer to shut me up. I know you can't cover every combination in an item description. a lot of us don't ask questions simply because of having read every last thread on a custom item like this...only reason I suggest answering in some detail, for the sake of those who don't have a header yet. you surely see the confusion this thread might cause.

Quote Originally Posted by x.Gen View Post
    and before you say it, I know you were clarifying with the difference in headers, Chris. posting here that it (cast header) was test fit with TO4E's or whatever, on all bodies, would be enough of an answer to shut me up. I know you can't cover every combination in an item description. a lot of us don't ask questions simply because of having read every last thread on a custom item like this...only reason I suggest answering in some detail, for the sake of those who don't have a header yet. you surely see the confusion this thread might cause.

im all for chris and TU's products as well, but sadly as we could see he hard a hard enuff time trying to find body styles for radiator fitment......

im completely with DodgeZ on this as I can also prove with pics there is no way a CAI would work/fit on a P body platform,....but why bother because the video does more then justice. thankfully I have an L body

its just sad to see the vendor trying to turn things around saying that there is not a problem with the product on a given platform/body type. and refrained himself by sidestepping the situation by saying it will work because the purchaser of the turbo had an L body....which in fact had nothing to do with the original complaint.

maybe u P body guys r designated to the SS version! i can tell u right now there is more room for sure....wanna trade dodge Z???
    Last edited by Aries_Turbo; 07-13-2010 at 10:24 PM.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

FWIW, I have Bozo's Lebaron here at my house now, it has a cast header on it w/ a S60 turbo, and the air intake tube on it is very nearly into the booster on it. In fact, I believe it is rubbing it, and this is w/ a custom-made tight metal 90 that t3rse made for him. If I remember I'll get some pics of it later on (doing some work on it anyway).
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast