Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold Air intake for TU Stainless Steel header

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

Re: Cold Air intake for TU Stainless Steel header

Well folks. It should be clear the reason why Chris won't post the pictures of his trannybuster t04e. His trannybuster t04e uses the same part number compressor housing as my turbo (the one he went on and on about being to big). That is right folks, it is the same housing. He doesn't want to admit it because he made such a fuss about me picking a turbo that is "too big". I have everything Chris' page says will work together and it doesn't.
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeZ View Post
    Well folks. It should be clear the reason why Chris won't post the pictures of his trannybuster t04e. His trannybuster t04e uses the same part number compressor housing as my turbo (the one he went on and on about being to big). That is right folks, it is the same housing. He doesn't want to admit it because he made such a fuss about me picking a turbo that is "too big". I have everything Chris' page says will work together and it doesn't.
    Are you going to try and change out the booster? Your situation sucks for sure.

Kevin,

This is not true, you hav a T04B housing not an E housing. I have been extremely busy shipping orders right now which is a priority for TU. I have photos of our old T04E covers which are about 2.75" in height. We are still not sure of exactly what B cover you have which is why I asked you to provide measurements. You said you had 3 of them, so why can't you produce the actual numbers??

Chris-TU

PS- I have more information about other factors which will effect clearance that are not turbo or header related. I also have a viable solution but I need your exact cover measurements to know if it will work.
    Last edited by Chris W; 08-27-2010 at 09:29 PM.
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

'87 CSX T04E Cover with TU Header. Large brake booster. TU 90 degree silicone elbow.
    Cell phone camera pictures. Bettr ones are coming.

Chris-TU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00089.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	216.9 KB 
ID:	25202   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00086.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	453.3 KB 
ID:	25203   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00084.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	396.5 KB 
ID:	25204  
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Photo 94 is a Turbonetics T04E cover
    Photo 96 is our T04E Cover
    Photo 99 is both side by side

Kevin, I have no idea which cover you have until you provide us with measurements. There are so many different B cover designs out there made by so many different manufacturers it's hard to tell.

Chris-TU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00096.jpg 
Views:	1335 
Size:	467.1 KB 
ID:	25205   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00099.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	190.9 KB 
ID:	25206   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00094.jpg 
Views:	770 
Size:	453.9 KB 
ID:	25207  

Garrett booster

Appears the TU covers are the same height as the cover Kevin posted on page 7 of this thread. I wonder what the difference is between kevin's turbo and the "recommended" turbo is, as far as center section width, exhaust flange positioning etc. All I know for certain is my experience, which is that the cast manifold does NOT work well in combination with the turbo Bozo purchased for his lebaron, and the dimensions of the vehicle itself. At this point I'd pretty much recommend to him that he has to switch to the shortest brake booster he can find to make a properly fitting intake.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandemoniac View Post
    Appears the TU covers are the same height as the cover Kevin posted on page 7 of this thread. I wonder what the difference is between kevin's turbo and the "recommended" turbo is, as far as center section width, exhaust flange positioning etc. All I know for certain is my experience, which is that the cast manifold does NOT work well in combination with the turbo Bozo purchased for his lebaron, and the dimensions of the vehicle itself. At this point I'd pretty much recommend to him that he has to switch to the shortest brake booster he can find to make a properly fitting intake.
    Kevin stated in post #171 that he thought his B cover was 3.5 inches while our E cover is 2.75". There are many different manufacturers and style covers as I previously mentioned. If we don't know exactly which one he has we will not be able to help him resolve his clearance issue.

We have a possible solution for him but we need to know his cover measurements. Brake booster swap not required. Kevin, can you provide the exact specs of your turbo so we can help you?

Chris-TU

Quote Originally Posted by Pandemoniac View Post
    What brand turbo did you install on the LeBaron?

Chris-TU

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    '87 CSX T04E Cover with TU Header. Large brake booster. TU 90 degree silicone elbow.

Chris-TU
    got an actual pic of the TU header on the car??? i dont see anything that can resemble it at all. the turbo placement seems a little shady from the pics

what size 90 is that btw?? i see it swells down @ the compressor

Quote Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
    got an actual pic of the TU header on the car??? i dont see anything that can resemble it at all. the turbo placement seems a little shady from the pics

what size 90 is that btw?? i see it swells down @ the compressor

Location of the turbo confirms that it's our header. Shady?? Are you suggesting that I doctored the pics? If you look close in th lower right photo #86 I believe you can see our oil return deviation tube.

3" 90 from our stock here:

http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/prod...fd25478986a909

Chris-TU

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Here's a shortened version of what I posted last evening. I am not sure what post number it is. It has Turbonetics on the side of the turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozo View Post
    .......My '89 LeBaron GTC has the TU cast header with a FWDP T3/T4 Hybrid turbo on it. Pandemoniac (Travis Stewart) did the long block build and Force_Fed_Mopar (Rob M) did the engine install. IIRC from two years ago, both complained about the assembly/fitment issues. I do know that I had to go with van shifter cables to fit around the DP and a custom made 90* for the CAI that barely allowed for a clamp because of the interference to the booster. Also, Rob currently has my car for a few modifications/improvements and he found I needed to replace the new-in-'08 bobble strut. I didn't know he had issues installing the new one until I read this thread, so there's yet another issue on a J body........

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Are you going to try and change out the booster? Your situation sucks for sure.
    Not sure yet.

Kevin,

This is not true, you hav a T04B housing not an E housing.
    I have a T04E housing. The same housing you use on your trannybuster T04E turbo.

This housing right here...
    http://web.archive.org/web/201008280...bdc85d4b4c19c1

I have been extremely busy shipping orders right now which is a priority for TU. I have photos of our old T04E covers which are about 2.75" in height.
    You didn't post pictures of the turbo I asked you to. You found some other covers that I didn't ask about.

We are still not sure of exactly what B cover you have
    I don't have a B cover.I have a T04E housing. The same housing you use on your trannybuster T04E turbo.

which is why I asked you to provide measurements. You said you had 3 of them, so why can't you produce the actual numbers??
    I have four of them. Again. I am 550 miles away so I can't walk in the garage and take pictures. A week ago when I asked you to get me pictures I was home and could have taken whatever pictures you wanted. Sorry it took you so long to reply. Again, you sell the cover I have. You can take the measurement off of it.
    http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/popup_image.php?pID=139

PS- I have more information about other factors which will effect clearance that are not turbo or header related. I also have a viable solution but I need your exact cover measurements to know if it will work.
    I have a T04E housing. The same housing you use on your trannybuster T04E turbo.

Chris-TU
    Hard to tell anything from the pictures. Is it a ball bearing turbo?

I am not sure why you posted these. I asked you to post pictures of your trannybuster T04E turbo. These are clearly not the right pictures.

Post up the pictures of this turbo.

Kevin, I have no idea which cover you have until you provide us with measurements. There are so many different B cover designs out there made by so many different manufacturers it's hard to tell.

Chris-TU

Again, you sell the cover I have. You can take the measurement off of it.
    it is this one right here

Kevin stated in post #171 that he thought his B cover was 3.5 inches while our E cover is 2.75".
    I NEVER said I had B housing. Your TrannyBuster T04E cover is NOT 2.75". you sell the cover I have. You can take the measurement off of it.

There are many different manufacturers and style covers as I previously mentioned. If we don't know exactly which one he has we will not be able to help him resolve his clearance issue.

Chris I guess you missed it when I posted it a few hours ago.

We have a possible solution for him but we need to know his cover measurements. Brake booster swap not required. Kevin, can you provide the exact specs of your turbo so we can help you?

Chris-TU

Chris I guess you missed it when I posted it a few hours ago.

Thanks for the help.

Shady?? Are you suggesting that I doctored the pics?
    Yes, at this point you have already done so in this thread.

Chris, just to be clear since you missed it the first time I posted it. I don't have a B cover.I have a T04E housing. The same housing you use on your trannybuster T04E turbo.

Since this is a product you carry I am sure you can clearly see by the pictures and video I have already posted that it is the same turbo cover. Please post up detailed pictures and measurements of your TrannyBuster T04E. This will provide the information you need to help me.
    Just to be clear it is this turbo housing.... right here...
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Here is an idea of the difference between a T3/T4 T04B and T04E.

The B is on the left and the E is on the right. Both turbos have the same compressor wheel.

2022 Viper runs 9s

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

you know this would have been alot easier, shorter and much less irritating if you would just have said, "aw crap, here is one combination of car/turbo/brake booster that i didnt fully check out when i was test fitting stuff. i figured that the L body was the tightest bay that we have and that a shadow would not be a problem. what would you like me to do Kevin to stand behind my product?"

But no.... you had to blame kevin saying he was running some wierd, larger, uncommon turbo (not true), that the cast header would solve his problem (not true, there is no way that an extra 1/2" would solve his problem and the problem of others, ive seen his setup with my own eyes), and delayed for weeks posting pics of the housings cause you know they will show that its not the compressor housings fault.

kevin posted plenty of pics of the housings from your site anyway showing that the housing isnt the problem and the only reason they were posted now instead of weeks ago because he was waiting for you to man up. so do so. this problem is not going to sweep itself under the carpet. you have thousands of cars out there that cant really run your headers/turbos without fitment issues with the intake piping. why not just say "if you run this setup in this car, use this brake booster......" a used booster or a 70$ new one is not going to break the bank for even our cheap asses.

Brian

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Chris can you please post up a picture of your T04E housing next to the cover in this picture?

thanks

Chris-TU
    Chris, is this the measurement that you're looking for?

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

Location of the turbo confirms that it's our header. Shady?? Are you suggesting that I doctored the pics? If you look close in th lower right photo #86 I believe you can see our oil return deviation tube.

3" 90 from our stock here:

Chris-TU
    looks like a shifter cable to me. i see the ss feed line, and u cannot see where it goes into the turbo...so theres no way u would be able to see the cast header specific drain. which would actually be located in the center of the picture underneath the turbo. wouldnt it have been easiest to take a picture of it right off the right side of the head??? every picture taken has just the right angle to stop anyone from confirming what exhaust manifold is actually on the car.

the picture you just provided shows TONS of clearance between the turbo and the brake booster. ive seen the cast header in a P body....just curious as to why this csx happens to clearly have way more room then any other one ive seen with the same setup??

especially if thats a 3" 90 deg silicone hose you are using there

Garrett booster

That's the post that I was referring to as well.
    Edit: kevin's turbo picture, that is.

Kevin what housing do you have? And do you have a link to a picture you are referring to? I don't see that posted anywhere....
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by cobra2411 View Post
    Chris, is this the measurement that you're looking for?
    So you agree with me that the cover shown looks like Kevin's? This is the biggest problem here. That picture is of a T04B turbo, not a T04E. Kevin is confused about which turbo he has. He thinks it's a T04E and has repeated that over and over again. It's difficult to tell in the pictures but everything I have seen and my technicians have seen indicates he is wrong. There are so many different style housings out there made by so many different manufacturers and no two are exactly the same. We will always stand behind our TU headers when they are used in conjunction with TU products. That's why it clearly states in the header description

"Allows the use of the stock style turbo as well as any TU TrannyBuster T3/T4 Hybrid & GT Dual Ball Bearing turbocharger without costly customization or fabrication."

If we had the time and every different model and year TM vehicle to test fit every conceivable style of turbo made by every different manufacturer on our header then we would have just said "Fits any T3/T4 combinations" in the description. But we didn't. If you combine our header with another product that we are unfamiliar with and never had an opportunity to test fit then we can't confirm that it will work.

I am trying to help Kevin get around his issue, but, without him confirming exactly which turbo he has I can't. I have located a lower profile cover for the model we think he has but we won't know for sure until he provides us with measurements.

Chris-TU

Quote Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
    looks like a shifter cable to me. i see the ss feed line, and u cannot see where it goes into the turbo...so theres no way u would be able to see the cast header specific drain. which would actually be located in the center of the picture underneath the turbo. wouldnt it have been easiest to take a picture of it right off the right side of the head??? every picture taken has just the right angle to stop anyone from confirming what exhaust manifold is actually on the car.

the picture you just provided shows TONS of clearance between the turbo and the brake booster. ive seen the cast header in a P body....just curious as to why this csx happens to clearly have way more room then any other one ive seen with the same setup??

especially if thats a 3" 90 deg silicone hose you are using there
    The customer was late for a meeting so I was limited on time. I took all the pictures from the driver's side and underneath. We are heading back to the customer today and will be bringing a real camera. Is there anything specific you would like us to photograph on the car to put your mind at ease?

Chris-TU

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast