Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Cold Air intake for TU Stainless Steel header

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Austrian Dodge's Avatar

Re: Cold Air intake for TU Stainless Steel header

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeZ
    So you are off of the kick that turbo is the problem?
    No, i still believe that your issue is the turbo (more likely the compressor cover).
    But this is not a matter of faith, isn't it? It's measures that will help.

So you are cool with Chris not post numbers after almost 3 weeks but I have to post pictures days later? Even when I tell you I am not in town?

Let me give you a run down of my past two weeks

On the 21th, I drove 550 miles to Memphis, TN.
    22nd, I rebuilt the 48re transmission in my truck (okay, John did most of the work

23rd -27th, I worked in Memphis

28th, I drove 650 miles to Austin, TX
    29th, drove around all day looking at houses
    30th - 3rd, I worked in Austin, TX (started a new job on the 1st) and bought a house.
    The night of 3rd I drove back to Memphis (650miles).
    4th I rested and prepped my travel trailer.
    5th (yesterday). I drove my travel trailer back to Greenville SC (550miles).

6th (today). Read and replied to this thread. Plans for today are to chill, watch movies and enjoy my house that have missed over the last two weeks. I'll prolly play fetch with the dogs and I may unload the crap out of the travel trailer. Rob is going to bring over a TU ported cylinder head and a cast manifold this evening. So I'll prolly get some measurements.
    I agree, a busy schedule. Maybe TU's busy too, i don't know why he didn't post.
    In Post#300 i specifically asked for measures of your and TU's housing.
    Maybe he doesn't want post them, because the covers are modified to their specs (trade secrets) - again, we don't know it!
    Where were you reading i'm cool with that? i just feel it's unfair to bash someone because of your own decision/fault.

What have I been told? Spend $500 - $1500 on new TU parts? not going to happen. Take my head off so I can mail my turbo to TU? Even if I was going to send my turbo to Chris it was a 1,000 miles away, did you want me to magically take it off and put it in the mail? The booster seems like it will work but no one confirmed if it will work with the clutch cable, and again 1,000 miles away. Hopefully Rob will have a booster for me this week to test out.
    Someone pointed out, that another set of axles might help you locating the engine more towards the passenger side.
    You can just take off the compressor cover while leaving the rest of the turbo and the head in car, no need to take off the whole top end (when back home of course).

you didn't say anything helpful.
    better now? i think there is a good hint in the last paragraph

EDIT: I just noticed you posted measures of a cast header, good! but unfortunately you didn't measure your combination, so this data is quite useless.

Hybrid booster

good farkin grief. I can't take it anymore. wtf is the deal - can we just stick to data and skip the commentary?

18 pages of quoting, repeating everything multiple times, and trolling, is getting ridiculous. the rest of us just want to read the data without all the ricer BS.

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x.Gen View Post
    good farkin grief. I can't take it anymore. wtf is the deal - can we just stick to data and skip the commentary?

18 pages of quoting, repeating everything multiple times, and trolling, is getting ridiculous. the rest of us just want to read the data without all the ricer BS.
    No joke. Between Austrian Dodge, AJ, Rich and Steve... I feel like a record player. At this point I am going to stop Austrian Dodge, AJ and Steve. It is clear they are just trolls in this thread. I think Rich is trying to get some real data even if he started out wrong and is a bit of a TU swinger.
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeZ View Post
    Just curious: was this Freudian Slip or did you intend to point to that location in that manner?!

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bozo View Post
    Just curious: was this Freudian Slip or did you intend to point to that location in that manner?!
    Dear Bozo, as I stated in my post I was pointing out how close the CAST header is to the intake.

thanks,
    DodgeZ
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

This thread sucks. Until people are willing to work with each other, then there is no need for this thread.
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718