Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Cold Air intake for TU Stainless Steel header

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Cold Air intake for TU Stainless Steel header

Quote Originally Posted by Reeves View Post
    I was wondering where those bubble gum welds came from!

I'm really surprised you didn't lose your turbo while driving down the road with that thing. Every single weld on the log section was cracked all the way around! I guess the booster kept your turbo from falling out. So maybe that is not a flaw after all

Those bubble gum stick welds probably had more penetration than the rest of the *factory* welds on that header!

id like to know if they were done in house with advertising like "eliminates the middle man" to save and keep costs down (his...or ours?).....the header originally retailed for 550 new. but there were others making "log style" headers that were under 1/2 the price, and they were still making money and the product looked/performed just as good.

on a side note....what type of SS was used to make these??? i find it funny its rusting...and arent them flanges mild steel??? welding SS to non SS is very tricky...

how long is the coating suppose to last??? i might have 2000 miles on mine and its all cracking apart....the car does not see any weathering and sits in a garage with cement floor.

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    Kevin,

Send us your turbo or just the compressor cover and we will provide you with a lower profile version.

Chris-TU
    At this point and time I do not trust you at all. There is no way I am going to send you my turbo. Not going to happen.

See post 206
    Chris it is clear that the pictures you posted in post 206 aren't of your trannybuster T04E housings. Just come clean with it already and post the real pictures....
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Hybrid booster

I've been watching this threat to see what happens.

Kevin, after your last post it seems that you have no desire to have Chris help you solve the problem. It appears you just want to ruin his standing with this community.

I don't know how you think business works but if you buy a part from company A then a part from company B and decide to put them together. Both companies will stand behind their product but neither will guaruntee it to work with the other companies product even if it is the same product. The customer service normally stops with the product purchased.

You've owned this part for a few years and admit it worked fine in the vehicle you originally purchased it for and yet you call Chris a scammer because it doesn't fit on your second choice of vehicles.

I'm not trying to down play the fact that the combo doesn't fit the current vehicle, just saying that your additude in this thread makes it look like you just want to blast Chris and not resolve the issue.

As it was stated earlier there is no such thing as a bolt on aftermarket part. They always seem to need some kind of tweaking. This is not an issue isolated to the TM crowd.

Now my question to you is; Do you want the problem resolved or do you just want to bash Chris? Because when I have a problem my main goal is to resolve the problem and not point fingers.

From what I see Chris is the only vendor still developing products for this market. Everyone else has moved on to newer vehicles. Sure you want to chase off one of the few people still interested in enhancing these cars?

Quote Originally Posted by bris09 View Post

Kevin, after your last post it seems that you have no desire to have Chris help you solve the problem. It appears you just want to ruin his standing with this community.

I don't know how you think business works but if you buy a part from company A then a part from company B and decide to put them together. Both companies will stand behind their product but neither will guaruntee it to work with the other companies product even if it is the same product. The customer service normally stops with the product purchased.

You've owned this part for a few years and admit it worked fine in the vehicle you originally purchased it for and yet you call Chris a scammer because it doesn't fit on your second choice of vehicles.

I'm not trying to down play the fact that the combo doesn't fit the current vehicle, just saying that your additude in this thread makes it look like you just want to blast Chris and not resolve the issue.

As it was stated earlier there is no such thing as a bolt on aftermarket part. They always seem to need some kind of tweaking. This is not an issue isolated to the TM crowd.

Now my question to you is; Do you want the problem resolved or do you just want to bash Chris? Because when I have a problem my main goal is to resolve the problem and not point fingers.

From what I see Chris is the only vendor still developing products for this market. Everyone else has moved on to newer vehicles. Sure you want to chase off one of the few people still interested in enhancing these cars?
    I bought the header to use on all my cars, all 12 of them, it was said to work all of them. A header isn't a "wear" part in which I bought it with the intent to use it for years and years and years, on which ever 8valve car I wanted. The header doesn't even have 3,000 miles on it for god shake. I bought the header from him because of quality and fitment. At the time you could buy the same type of header for half the price... Sadly I was wrong.

He said his header worked with T04Es, when it didn't clear he blamed it on the SS header and that i need to buy his new cast header, then it was a problem with my house. When I pointed out it was the same house as his he refuses post pictures of it, then post pictures of another housing saying that's the one. I am not sure how you guys are thinking I am asking him to support another vendors product. You act like I bought something from another vendor and I want him to warranty it... NOT the case. He clearly says this size turbo works, when I point out that is the size turbo I have he says he doesn't care because I bought it somewhere else. I am sorry if you don't see that as a problem.

It was a good play by Chris to offer the housing. No doubt. He tries to play it off like he is a good guy now but in the very next post he continues you lie about his trannybuster T04E housing. No way in hell I am going to send him any of my parts.... The turbo would come back and last 100miles and die.

I think two months ago when I spent 50 bucks on the tightest fitting rubber 90 shows I was trying to make this work. Did anyone reply back on the smaller booster question? I'd be willing to do that. I am not going to using anymore of Chris parts.
    2022 Viper runs 9s

turbo addict

Dude seriously, who in their right mind is going to unbolt their turbo and just ship it off to someone after this whole fiasco? Why can't Chris just send him a cover?....wouldn't that be the easier thing to do?...the thing that makes sense? I'm sure Kevin wants it fixed and it will be done.

What is with everyone trying to give teachings about "how business works"? Hello people....Kevin is the customer here...not the businessman. Why would he care how Chris's business works when Chris doesn't seem to care how being a customer works?

After 14 pages of this mess I'm sure Kevin is more than mad. As for "ruining his standing with the community"...it has been Chris's neglegence to help his customer that did that...so don't place it on Kevin.

As for chasing him off this totally seems like a selfish thing to say and I have heard it before. How many customers do you believe should take a loss on situations like this just so others that have not incurred a loss can continue to purchase parts?

All of this boils down to one thing and one thing only...poor CUSTOMER SERVICE!

My turbo.

Chris' TrannyBuster T04E turbo.
    Note the Part numbers on the casting. My number is "671382"

My turbo.

I found this picture here http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...highlight=t04e
    Chris' TrannyBuster T04E turbo.

here is another one
    http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f7/...-part-out.html

Chris' Trannybuster T04E

My turbo

Chris says this is the trannybuster T04E housing.

and I'll quote him...

Photo 94 is a Turbonetics T04E cover
    Photo 96 is our T04E Cover
    Photo 99 is both side by side

Kevin, I have no idea which cover you have until you provide us with measurements. There are so many different B cover designs out there made by so many different manufacturers it's hard to tell.

Chris-TU
    You can clearly see it isn't the same as the picture on his website and two different trannybusters where for sale. I am sure I can dig up a few more pictures of trannybusters if needed. Bottom line is I feel Chris tried to hide this and doing so I lost trust in him, just my opinion though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20100820_155122.jpg 
Views:	420 
Size:	458.6 KB 
ID:	25338  
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by badandy View Post
    Dude seriously, who in their right mind is going to unbolt their turbo and just ship it off to someone after this whole fiasco? Why can't Chris just send him a cover?....wouldn't that be the easier thing to do?...the thing that makes sense? I'm sure Kevin wants it fixed and it will be done.

What is with everyone trying to give teachings about "how business works"? Hello people....Kevin is the customer here...not the businessman. Why would he care how Chris's business works when Chris doesn't seem to care how being a customer works?

After 14 pages of this mess I'm sure Kevin is more than mad. As for "ruining his standing with the community"...it has been Chris's neglegence to help his customer that did that...so don't place it on Kevin.

As for chasing him off this totally seems like a selfish thing to say and I have heard it before. How many customers do you believe should take a loss on situations like this just so others that have not incurred a loss can continue to purchase parts?

All of this boils down to one thing and one thing only...poor CUSTOMER SERVICE!
    I never said he should take the turbo off and send it to Chris. I simply said his choice of words comes off as not wanting Chris's help in solving the problem at which point this thread has past its usefulness to the TM community.

You completely missed the point on how business and customer service work. He bought the parts from two different companies. Where's the anger towards the company that sold him the turbo? By your logic don't both companies owe him customer service and have to continue working until the problem is solved? It sucks but businesses can't afford to be responsible for fitment and function when you don't buy the whole package from them. I see it all the time where a customer decides to buy components of a system from several different manufactuers and then gets pissed when it takes so much longer to get all the bugs out of the system.

I agree Chris should change the description to state the header is known to fit these cars without issues and it has not been tested in ever possible combination. How could it be or why should be? It's an obsolete part that is no longer for sale.

The wording in some of the posts makes it seem like Chris is the only company to have fitment issues with his parts. This is far from true and needs to be noted. Does it make it right no but when ever you buy an aftermarket part there is a chance it will not fit properly and require modifications. If it was as easy as bolting parts on everyone would have a 10 second car. I've had to send parts back to companies alot bigger than TU because they either didn't fit or didn't function properly. Think convincing Chris that his header doesn't fit every TM and turbo combo, try telling Accufab that their Throttle Body isn't working properly. It took six months and hundreds of complaints before they finally looked into the problem. They ended up modifying thousands of TB's. You know what, the fight was worth it because once the part worked properly it make a big difference in the cars performance.

If Kevin is pissed at Chris and no longer trusts him that's fine I understand that and am the same way. When I'm done with someone I'm done, I walk away. Don't bash him and expect him to continue being nice and solve your problem. Again I understand that this is taking some time to resolve but to be fair both sides have spent alot of time trying to prove they are right and the other guy is wrong instead of fixing the problem.

For the sake of those who's money you want to save lets get back to figuring out what combinations of parts will work with the TU SS header on Kevin's car. After all wasn't that the point of this thread. Enough of the got yas, leave that to the politicians.

...on your color TV screen... Turbo Mopar Contributor Reeves's Avatar

try telling Accufab that their Throttle Body isn't working properly. It took six months and hundreds of complaints before they finally looked into the problem. They ended up modifying thousands of TB's. You know what, the fight was worth it because once the part worked properly it make a big difference in the cars performance.
    For which application?

James Reeves - Reeves Racing
    World's Fastest 8 Valve - 146.88 mph
    86 GLH-T 9.99 at 143.78 mph
    86 GLHS #169 Mom's - complete Super 60 car
    87 Shelby Z 14.16 Dad's - mostly stock, no sh*t!
    88 Shelby Z 13.5 - been in storage for 15 years
    03 SRT-4 12.24 Mom's
    07 Charger 5.7L 12.48 Dad's

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Reeves View Post
    For which application?
    2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1

With the blades set where Accufab wanted them the RPMs would hang after you drove the car for awhile. You had to stab the throttle real quick to ge the RPMs to drop. They said it was a TPS voltage issue. Set the voltage in the range they wanted (required oblonging the TPS holes) and the RPMs still hung. It turned out that the heat from the eingine was enough to make the blades stick preventing the throttle from fully closing. They also placed the Cruise Control cable connecter in the wrong spot. You'd activate the cruise and the car would slow down. Once the slack was out of the cable the car took off like a shot then slow back down after the car shot past the selected speed. This created a +-10 swing in the speed.

I know this has nothing to do with Kevin's problem just showing this is not a unique problem in the aftermarket world.

Now that I'm at the airport, I'll expand on my previous post.

As I said I don't blame Kevin for being pissed and not being willing to trust Chris anymore. It is clear that the parts currently on his car do not fit. I just thought the purpose of this thread was to figure out what needed to be done to make the header work on his car. I just ask now that we seem to be past the denial/defense phase (every problem has this phase) let's work on figuring out if the header can be made to work and what parts are needed to make it work.

Believe me when I say. I'm not taking sides and could careless who is at fault. Only one person was ever perfect and he no longer walks this earth. I'd just like to see the final answer. Yes it will fit or no there is no way to make it fit. Until this answer is found no one can say the header won't work at all. It's called R&D for a reason. Unfortunately for Kevin his car is the test mule for this particular application.

...on your color TV screen... Turbo Mopar Contributor Reeves's Avatar

Only one person was ever perfect and he no longer walks this earth.

I think you meant "she"

And the only mistake I've ever made in my life is buying a pencil with an eraser on it.........

jk!

James Reeves - Reeves Racing
    World's Fastest 8 Valve - 146.88 mph
    86 GLH-T 9.99 at 143.78 mph
    86 GLHS #169 Mom's - complete Super 60 car
    87 Shelby Z 14.16 Dad's - mostly stock, no sh*t!
    88 Shelby Z 13.5 - been in storage for 15 years
    03 SRT-4 12.24 Mom's
    07 Charger 5.7L 12.48 Dad's

turbo addict

I never said he should take the turbo off and send it to Chris. I simply said his choice of words comes off as not wanting Chris's help in solving the problem at which point this thread has past its usefulness to the TM community.
    Oh boy...

I know YOU never said that. You were asking/sighting Chris if he really wanted the situation fixed or if he just wanted to b*tch about it (sumed it up for you). The ONLY fix suggested thus far is for Kevin to send Chris his turbo which is absurd!....so therefore, the only other option at this point is to b*tch about it sum more until a better solution is agreed apon.

You completely missed the point on how business and customer service work. He bought the parts from two different companies. Where's the anger towards the company that sold him the turbo? By your logic don't both companies owe him customer service and have to continue working until the problem is solved? It sucks but businesses can't afford to be responsible for fitment and function when you don't buy the whole package from them. I see it all the time where a customer decides to buy components of a system from several different manufactuers and then gets pissed when it takes so much longer to get all the bugs out of the system.
    What part of it's the same damn turbo have you not understood? That's why Chris won't post pics and all this fussing is going on in the first place. The parts still wouldn't work if they both did come from Chris!...because Chris wasn't aware of the fitment issue when those 2 parts were combined in a P body application...not to mention you completely missed the fact that there was no exclusion in the part description for P bodies.

...and thanks for the business lesson

I agree Chris should change the description to state the header is known to fit these cars without issues and it has not been tested in ever possible combination. How could it be or why should be? It's an obsolete part that is no longer for sale.
    You need to understand that this thread started with Kevin begging for help...not how it is currently. Proper customer service....you know "how business and customer service work" is why this thread wasn't handled properly to start with.

The wording in some of the posts makes it seem like Chris is the only company to have fitment issues with his parts. This is far from true and needs to be noted. Does it make it right no but when ever you buy an aftermarket part there is a chance it will not fit properly and require modifications. If it was as easy as bolting parts on everyone would have a 10 second car. I've had to send parts back to companies alot bigger than TU because they either didn't fit or didn't function properly. Think convincing Chris that his header doesn't fit every TM and turbo combo, try telling Accufab that their Throttle Body isn't working properly. It took six months and hundreds of complaints before they finally looked into the problem. They ended up modifying thousands of TB's. You know what, the fight was worth it because once the part worked properly it make a big difference in the cars performance.
    You do realize that this is the TU section of the board right? If Kevin wanted to complain about fitment of other companies products he would likely go wherever the thread applies to do so. I'm really not sure where the rest of that paragraph applies to the fact that the header and turbo that are supposed to work (no matter whom supplied the turbo it is the correct turbo make and model) don't!

If Kevin is pissed at Chris and no longer trusts him that's fine I understand that and am the same way. When I'm done with someone I'm done, I walk away. Don't bash him and expect him to continue being nice and solve your problem. Again I understand that this is taking some time to resolve but to be fair both sides have spent alot of time trying to prove they are right and the other guy is wrong instead of fixing the problem.
    Now I do believe you are 100% correct here!...but hell Kevin does this kinda stuff to me so I have to laugh a bit

For the sake of those who's money you want to save lets get back to figuring out what combinations of parts will work with the TU SS header on Kevin's car. After all wasn't that the point of this thread. Enough of the got yas, leave that to the politicians.
    I know what will fit...a T3/T4 with a S60 cover...aside from that the turbo make and model that Chris claims fits doesn't...and he will not admit that he is wrong so that the thread can move forward. Not only did I just say it but so have moderators of this forum.

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

What part of it's the same damn turbo have you not understood? That's why Chris won't post pics and all this fussing is going on in the first place. The parts still wouldn't work if they both did come from Chris!...because Chris wasn't aware of the fitment issue when those 2 parts were combined in a P body application...not to mention you completely missed the fact that there was no exclusion in the part description for P bodies.
    I am also surprised that the pbody would be an issue. It might be tighter but it can still work.

I don't believe based on the current evidence that your above statement is correct.

I worked on an 87 CSX with the larger brake booster recently. It had a TU cast header and a TU turbo and it fit without a problem. There was room between the elbow and the booster and the elbow was a standard radius and not modified.

The header was a cast header so it isn't exactly the same but... from what I understand the variance is only about 1/2" max. If the turbo had been 1/2" farther to the driver side it still would have worked on the car I was working on.

If we can get a measurement of how far the header in question sticks out past the head we can compare it to the car that I worked on. Once we have that information we can know if it will work or not... with the thinner compressor cover turbo....

You do realize that this is the TU section of the board right? If Kevin wanted to complain about fitment of other companies products he would likely go wherever the thread applies to do so. I'm really not sure where the rest of that paragraph applies to the fact that the header and turbo that are supposed to work (no matter whom supplied the turbo it is the correct turbo make and model) don't!
    I think that is a bit of an overstatement and over expectation for a performance product in our market. It isn't reasonable to expect any turbo to work. It is however reasonable to expect that there is SOME turbo that will work.

It is impossible for vendors in this market to test every combination of their products on every variant of the cars that we generally expect to have the same basic engine bays, suspensions, etc. There just isn't enough money here to do that kind of thing.

Chris appears to be willing to sell the correct compressor cover which he says will fit. If that doesn't fit then you can complain. Until then I am not sure that the argument is really valid.

I also think that if the header was in new condition and someone tried to install it on a pbody and it didn't fit Chris would have take it back. This header is one that was bought 4 years ago now and it was already used on another car during that time so it is not in a condition where it can be resold.

I have tried to return things in new condition after 90 days and people have refused them (an lbody strut tower brace and yes I am still bitter about that). I think however that if I used it for 4 years on a different car then tried to use it for something else then it is a pretty high expectation of any vendor to make it work for you. Especially when there is a mix and match of parts gong on that they don't have full control over.

-Rich

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Austrian Dodge's Avatar

buy an HP printer and an EPSON cartridge. the cartridge may look exactly the same und you can put it in the printer but it doesn't work.

then call HP and ask for support - what do you think the answer will be??
    call again after 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
    I am also surprised that the pbody would be an issue. It might be tighter but it can still work.

I don't believe based on the current evidence that your above statement is correct.

I worked on an 87 CSX with the larger brake booster recently. It had a TU cast header and a TU turbo and it fit without a problem. There was room between the elbow and the booster and the elbow was a standard radius and not modified.

The header was a cast header so it isn't exactly the same but... from what I understand the variance is only about 1/2" max. If the turbo had been 1/2" farther to the driver side it still would have worked on the car I was working on.

If we can get a measurement of how far the header in question sticks out past the head we can compare it to the car that I worked on. Once we have that information we can know if it will work or not... with the thinner compressor cover turbo....

I think that is a bit of an overstatement and over expectation for a performance product in our market. It isn't reasonable to expect any turbo to work. It is however reasonable to expect that there is SOME turbo that will work.

It is impossible for vendors in this market to test every combination of their products on every variant of the cars that we generally expect to have the same basic engine bays, suspensions, etc. There just isn't enough money here to do that kind of thing.

Chris appears to be willing to sell the correct compressor cover which he says will fit. If that doesn't fit then you can complain. Until then I am not sure that the argument is really valid.

I also think that if the header was in new condition and someone tried to install it on a pbody and it didn't fit Chris would have take it back. This header is one that was bought 4 years ago now and it was already used on another car during that time so it is not in a condition where it can be resold.

I have tried to return things in new condition after 90 days and people have refused them (an lbody strut tower brace and yes I am still bitter about that). I think however that if I used it for 4 years on a different car then tried to use it for something else then it is a pretty high expectation of any vendor to make it work for you. Especially when there is a mix and match of parts gong on that they don't have full control over.

-Rich
    did you even read the thread? everything you have brought up has already been discussed. Unless you are saying you got a standard bearning trannybuster T04E turbo in a p-body with the big booster you aren't adding anything. At least post what turbo you installed.
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian Dodge View Post
    buy an HP printer and an EPSON cartridge. the cartridge may look exactly the same und you can put it in the printer but it doesn't work.

then call HP and ask for support - what do you think the answer will be??
    call again after 4 years.
    what don't you understand about it being the same housing, it wouldn't fit even if I got it from chris. You are still hung up on this. TU said this header fits T04E turbos. It isn't some odd ball turbo housing custom made for Mac dump truck. It is a standard housing, the same one Chris sells and says will work!

how about I put like this. I buy a 9mm Glock (hope you know where Glocks are made) handgun. It won't fire any 9mm ammo. Who do I call? Do I call the ammo companies?
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeZ View Post
    what don't you understand about it being the same housing, it wouldn't fit even if I got it from chris. You are still hung up on this. TU said this header fits T04E turbos. It isn't some odd ball turbo housing custom made for Mac dump truck. It is a standard housing, the same one Chris sells and says will work!

how about I put like this. I buy a 9mm Glock (hope you know where Glocks are made) handgun. It won't fire any 9mm ammo. Who do I call? Do I call the ammo companies?
    Your Glock is probably .40

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Your Glock is probably .40
    I pack a Glock 30 when I am on the street, which is a .45. Though I do have a S&W full frame .40
    2022 Viper runs 9s

turbo addict

...and I respectfully don't agree your statement is correct based on your evidence...and here is why:

In the example your giving it's not the same header therefore will not have the same dimensions. Half an inch this way or that way is arguable at best...you know that.

I own a CSX-T and I've owned and run both the stainless and cast version....on the same car...with the same turbo...so I speak from experience. With both headers the air intake was close to the booster but I was able to use a full 90 elbow because the turbo in question is a T3/T4 S60 hybrid. A full blown hybrid would be very tight on my car (with the cast header) sure as can be. My cast header is closer to the booster than my stainless header was. Like I said before we are talking about a stainless header in this scenario...not the cast one...so cast dimensions really mean very little to Kevin's situation.

I'm not the one overstating or having over expectation...that was done in the description of said product on Chris's website...which has been quoted in this thread. I'm not stating what I actually believe...I am simply saying that I feel Kevin has a very valid point...if you don't agree then that's okay by me

I'm not complaining, although I can sympathize for Kevin in how this thread has turned out and how it has been handled. He can buy the cover and pull his head and spend even more money on materials and parts but fact is it's the same cover Chris swears fits...so why do it? Would all of that waste and hassle then be valid enough?

Chris doesn't take back new parts so I'm sure used ones are out of the question.

Wait...you are bitter about a strut tower brace yet don't agree that Kevin has a valid argument? That's a bit Rich don't you think? (pardon the pun)

-Rich [/QUOTE]

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

In the example your giving it's not the same header therefore will not have the same dimensions. Half an inch this way or that way is arguable at best...you know that.
    If the dimension in question is going toward the brake booster then it is something we can compare. It is possible to measure from point A to point B and infer a distance between point B and point C. It has to be done carefully but until we have an apples to apples comparison it might be the best we can do.

The thing is data is better than conjecture even if the data is hard to analyze or not perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by badandy

I own a CSX-T and I've owned and run both the stainless and cast version....on the same car...with the same turbo...so I speak from experience. With both headers the air intake was close to the booster but I was able to use a full 90 elbow because the turbo in question is a T3/T4 S60 hybrid. A full blown hybrid would be very tight on my car (with the cast header) sure as can be. My cast header is closer to the booster than my stainless header was. Like I said before we are talking about a stainless header in this scenario...not the cast one...so cast dimensions really mean very little to Kevin's situation.
    How much closer was it? If we know how much it moved things we can determine the real difference. This is the type of information we need.

I'm not the one overstating or having over expectation...that was done in the description of said product on Chris's website...which has been quoted in this thread. I'm not stating what I actually believe...I am simply saying that I feel Kevin has a very valid point...if you don't agree then that's okay by me
    It is fair to discuss common expectations from a business and what most businesses do. Sometimes that means that people disagree with common expectations but it does give a better picture as to whether or not Chris, Kevin, or neither are being reasonable or not.

I'm not complaining, although I can sympathize for Kevin in how this thread has turned out and how it has been handled. He can buy the cover and pull his head and spend even more money on materials and parts but fact is it's the same cover Chris swears fits...so why do it? Would all of that waste and hassle then be valid enough?
    Why does he have to pull the head? A turbo change with that header is less than an hour because of its position. More time has been spent by everyone talking about it than what it would take...

Chris doesn't take back new parts so I'm sure used ones are out of the question.
    If the manifold were new and Kevin immediately had a problem with it fitting I am pretty sure that Chris would have taken it back. I suppose you are correct in that I don't know this for sure. Perhaps someone has an example dealing with Chris what could prove or disprove this notion.

Wait...you are bitter about a strut tower brace yet don't agree that Kevin has a valid argument? That's a bit Rich don't you think? (pardon the pun)
    There is a big difference between an unused product after 90 days and a used product after 4 years so no I don't think it is "rich" at all.

The point is that after 30 days you will have a hard time getting anyone to take things back. I think that new products should always be taken back as long as they are stocked by the vendor and can be resold.

That brings in another issue for a vendor... Should they take back a product in used condition that they no longer even sell? I don't think that is a reasonable thing.

Before I get beaten up over this consider how improving products could hurt a vendor if they take back the old ones... If some vendor makes something that people are happy with and then they improve it people can't be allowed to return the old one and buy the newer better one or it could put them out of business! That is just the way things work. Sometimes it sucks...

Used products and modified products are NEVER taken back by anyone unless there is an explicit warranty... In this case it was something that was happily used for 4 years...

I would surely be annoyed that I had a fitment problem with the manifold and turbo so I do feel for Kevin.

The problem is that it was used for a long time, worked fine when used until a change was made.

What should he really expect Chris to do about it?

-Rich

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

What should he really expect Chris to do about it?

-Rich
    I think all Franzen was looking for was a solution. Instead he got a huge runaround, and perhaps some dodging. I still find it curious that Chris hasn't come up with a definitive post outlining the mysterious comp housing which will solve Kevin's problems. he touted it in many posts until Kevin posted up which housing he actually has.