Alright, i got a new pump & screen, the new pump is for a 90 daytona but doesn't have the pulse damper attached to the top like the old Bosch unit did - that makes the new unit 3" shorter than the old pump - therefore the new pump & strainer don't reach the bottom of the tank sump.

So I cut a nipple from 5/16" brake line, bulged both ends with partial flairs and used a section of the included submersible fuel line and the two standard hose clamps to lengthen the pressure line.

Now I've got a pressure leak where the rail will see 50 psi before the regulator starts sending fuel back to the tank, but on shutdown within 3 seconds the pressure drops to 25 and within 15 seconds it's down to 10 or 12psi.

Is this normal? It seems to be leaking at the pump in the tank (I opened the lock ring and got misted in the safety glasses with the pump on.

I put compressed air to the pressure port on the sending unit and don't get any leaks....

Anyone got any ideas? Should the new pump use the pulse thingy off the bosch (don't see how, the bosch used a banjo fitting to attach the diaphragm and the airtex unit (#7012) has the nipple molded into the end of the can).