Thread: Vacuum line routing

Hybrid booster

Vacuum line routing

I'm putting a minivan 2.5 and SMEC harness into my shelby charger, and would like to run the vacuum lines...but I don't have the correct routing diagram. Can somebody send me a scan of the late TI routing diagram?

how do I route the lines for the TU SMEC? I have the sheet around here somewhere...but I just moved so unpacking everything to find it will be a PITA.

Hybrid booster

Re: Vacuum line routing

Thanks for posting those. That is exactly what I needed. Which of those orifices are important? What size are they?

The one in the wastegate line is important, however remember that this wastegate setup is for the Mitsu turbo. You want the wastegate plumbing for the early T1 or T2 turbo:

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/images/vac-t2-88.jpg

The orifice in the 89 T1 setup is orange. The one in the T2 setup is yellow. Somewhere there is a reference for these, but I'm not sure where I saw it. Try TD.com.

The one in the canister purge line is built-in to the T fitting. Not sure what size, but it's not too important since I have made my own out of metal and just drill the orifice with the smallest bit I have.

The one in the guage line is not important. Earlier models don't even have it.

Hybrid booster

Ok...it's go time. I'm just going to plumb everything just to get it running. After that, I'll work on letting the computer control the boost.

For the wastegate: nipple on the compressor outlet --> g-valve --> wastegate can

For the BOV: nipple on TB --> BOV

The Rest: manifold vacuum source --> vacuum manifold
    vacuum manifold --> map sensor
    vacuum manifold --> FPR

Is that all I need? If I'm not using the computer to control boost, do I need any of the fancy orifices? I'm not running a charcoal canister, so I don't need any of that. How's it look?

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The S is Silent
    Ok...it's go time. I'm just going to plumb everything just to get it running. After that, I'll work on letting the computer control the boost.

For the wastegate: nipple on the compressor outlet --> g-valve --> wastegate can

For the BOV: nipple on TB --> BOV

The Rest: manifold vacuum source --> vacuum manifold
    vacuum manifold --> map sensor
    vacuum manifold --> FPR

Is that all I need? If I'm not using the computer to control boost, do I need any of the fancy orifices? I'm not running a charcoal canister, so I don't need any of that. How's it look?
    Intake manifold to brake booster. Don't have cruise? If so, that goes to the brake booster as well with a check valve. Also need the Vaccum for the PCV line from the intake. Maybe those are a little too obvious, but they're important.

Also, why use the TB as a vaccum source? Personally I think BOV's sound terrible when hooked to it. They don't seem to hold the seat properly when closing.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Intake manifold to brake booster. Don't have cruise? If so, that goes to the brake booster as well with a check valve. Also need the Vaccum for the PCV line from the intake. Maybe those are a little too obvious, but they're important.

Also, why use the TB as a vaccum source? Personally I think BOV's sound terrible when hooked to it. They don't seem to hold the seat properly when closing.
    Yeah...no cruise, and the Brake Booster is already hooked up...I just forgot to mention it. I could easily do a line from the vac manifold to the BOV...I just thought the TB would be easier because of the much shorter vacuum line length. I'll revise it and run it from the vacuum manifold.

Also, the PCV line is taken care of as well. I just need to get the 3 way rubber bushing.