Thread: Can this electronic instrument panel swap into my car? Same model and year.

Can this electronic instrument panel swap into my car? Same model and year.

I have an '89 Turbo Spirit 2.5 5 speed. The previous owner swapped in ALL the wiring from its donor car, which was a 1990 Turbo Spirit.

So as far as electronics are concerned, it's a 1990 Turbo Spirit 2.5, with the SBEC computer. It has the Traveler computer in the dash, and the standard Spirit gauges with the tach.

Today in a junkyard, I found a 1990 LeBaron 4 door (AA body Spirit / Acclaim car), and it has the electronic dash panel. It was a 3.0 V6 car.

I was wondering if I can plug this dash into my car and it will work with NO wiring modifications?

I once found an '86 New Yorker 2.2 Turbo for a family member, and I always liked its digital dash, that's why I'm thinking of doing this.

And assuming it DOES work, how do I adjust the mileage on the digital dash to be accurate? Take it to a Chrysler dealer and they reflash it somehow?

Anyone got any photos or video of the electronic dash working?

Re: Can this electronic instrument panel swap into my car? Same model and year.

Mileage adjustments won't happen. Tried to do that before and they can't do it.

I put a digital panel into my old 89 Acclaim. Had to make adaptor harnesses for it.

Garrett booster

**EDIT** Re-read the OP and retract my statement.
    Last edited by firehawk618; 06-15-2010 at 12:30 AM.

turbo addict

AA body digital dash!? pcitures please.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

If I wanted to, I could swap the entire dash wiring assembly, it should all be the same and compatible. Unplug it at the firewall and swap the whole thing out.

But I don't want to do that.

And since the engine is different, I wonder if that might make things different, or if the SBEC has to have special code in it to drive the digital dash or something.

I'll have to look and see if my car has the speedometer cable or wires, I never had a reason to look before.