Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turbo Sebring Sedan Log

boostaholic

Re: Turbo Sebring Sedan Log

I need to replace the rear shocks and springs for sure, most likely the front as well. I figure this is probably a good time to upgrade the suspension since it needs to be replaced. The only option for a 2G Sedan right now is B&G springs for a 1.4" drop and KYB GR-2 Shocks.

Looks like total price for parts will be $469.

I got a quote for installation on them, seems kinda high. $336 for the front, and $280 for the rear. Seems kinda high. This shop has always been honest with me though, and beaten prices of other places around here, so I dunno. Don't have the tools or the time to try and do it myself or I would.

So to get it done, I'd be looking at $1,085.

I might have to wait a little longer on this, need to get the trans leak fixed first, dunno how much that is going to cost. I should have the car in the shop to get the leak fixed by the end of the week.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

yeah thats a ripoff.

a spring compressor is cheap. like 50$ to rent from advance and then they give the cash back when you return it. everything else is just hand tools.

i just did rear neon struts in an hour the other day. both of them.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

turbo addict

You can't use Galant or Eclipse suspension bits? I thought that was a Mitsu based chassis?

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor shmedley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    You can't use Galant or Eclipse suspension bits? I thought that was a Mitsu based chassis?
    The coupes were bases on the eclipse. The sedans were a Chrysler (cloud car) chassis
    Thanks Brad S. SDAC National Proud Member SDAC Chicago Proud Member 14 Ram 1500 86 Shelby Charger "Chicago Stock"

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Yeah just do it yourself.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Nice blue ricer vent,

I charge 2 hours for the front, and 2 for the rear, so at my labour rate, roughly $200 each end.

If your in a bind, you can use the spring compressors but they really do suck. Find a local shop other than your regular one, IE alignment shop and take them your struts, I would charge around an hour to do them all if your brought them in.

Can't remember but you might have the aluminium hats in the rear, they like to corrode and don't forget you'll need an alignment.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

Is AJ still around to help deal with your trans parts etc?

I would not pay that money for suspension.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    Is AJ still around to help deal with your trans parts etc?

I would not pay that money for suspension.
    Sort of, he's mostly doing Hemi Tuning now, but would do my trans again if I sent it to him. He's in NY though, so I have to pull the trans out and ship it to NY to have him do anything with it. Not worth it when it appears to just be the seal on the dif cover, and seal on the passenger side axle that are leaking. I want to have the car driveable again before Sept 23rd so I can make it to the Monster Mopar Weekend in Indianapolis.

I'm probably just going to hold off on the suspension. I don't have room in the garage to attempt that right now, still full of woodworking tools and lumber for my basement project.

boostaholic

Now I have a freaking gas leak! Battery was dead, so I charged it the other night. Yesterday I go start the car, and there's gas spraying out everywhere in the engine bay! It looked like the hose between my fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator. I wanted to let all the gas evaporate before replacing the hose and starting it again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123