Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Sebring Sedan Log

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: Turbo Sebring Sedan Log

Awesome glad to hear, just in time to scatter another trans,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

boostaholic

With the electrical issues finally sorted out, the car is running really strong now. Did a 22psi pull down the back road on the way home, now I have a huge grin on my face. I really missed driving it. Can't wait to hit the track! This weekend I plan to go to Radio Shack to pick up some supplies to get the 2-step setup.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Sweet,

So the trans held? LMAO.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Sweet,

So the trans held? LMAO.
    I'm sending you the bill if it breaks. :P

boostaholic

The exhaust leak seems to be fixed. I picked up a K&N filter cleaning kit. I'm going to clean my filter for the 1st time in 4 years. Then it will be time to do some tuning. If the weather is nice next weekend, I may head to the track for the test and tune, and try to get a few passes in.

turbo addict

Good luck! I love following this car's adventures!

boostaholic

I made an adjustment to the tune, and the long term and short term fuel trims looked a lot better, but WOT went from being way too rich to being way too lean. Then I realized that I still had my fuel pressure regular setup for static pressure. I set it back up for rising rate, and blew hose off the check valve. I think it was loose already causing a boost leak before, 'cause after I got it back on there, holy cow! By-by lag and late spool! There's a split second when I floor it that it's still very rich, but as soon as it hits full boost, the AFRs are perfect all the way to redline.

I think I'll zip-tie the small vacuum lines going to both the fuel pressure regulator and the blow-off valve, just to make sure they aren't leaking and don't pop off. Tomorrow I'll try to put some E85 in so I can turn up the boost. I don't want to run more than the 22-23psi I have it at now with just 93 octane in the tank, just to be safe.

I also have to figure out why my electronic boost controller/boost gauge suddenly stopped getting an RPM signal. I had it setup to display boost, AFR, and RPM all at the same time. Now the RPM just sits at 0. Tach on my instrument cluster still works, so I probably just knocked a wire going to the EBC loose somewhere.

boostaholic

I found that I accidently unplugged the tach adapter, plugged it back in, and got an RPM signal again. I decided to finally remove the E-Manage. Connected all the wires that were going to it back to stock. I also connected the TPS signal to my WEGO-III datalogging Wideband, so I can make use of some extra features on that. Then I decided to make a quick video testing the 2-Step. The audio came out really bad, but oh well.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

is the regulator a standard 1:1 regulator?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    is the regulator a standard 1:1 regulator?
    Brian
    No it's adjustable. I'm not sure what the adjustment range is, I think it will do a bit less than 1:1 and a bit more than 1:1 as well.

it should be set to 1:1.

im glad youve started taking extra boxes off of that car. in my opinion, you should take all those extra boxes off the car, including the MSD. those things are terrible.

too many overlapping tuning devices (emanage, RRR, MSD box etc) makes it impossible to dial the car in and have it behave consistently.

Brian

This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    it should be set to 1:1.

im glad youve started taking extra boxes off of that car. in my opinion, you should take all those extra boxes off the car, including the MSD. those things are terrible.

too many overlapping tuning devices (emanage, RRR, MSD box etc) makes it impossible to dial the car in and have it behave consistently.

Brian
    The E-Manage was 0'd out, abandoned, and never used again within about a week of getting the car running. I just never got around to removing it because it was a whole big mess of wires to go through. I'm glad I finally got it out of there too.

The RRR is needed, there's no way to tell if it's set to 1:1 or something else, it doesn't have set markings on it, just a little nob on one of the valves that can be adjusted to fully open or fully closed. Usually about halfway between works best, I just make minor adjustments on it until it seems to be about 1:1 watching the needle on the fuel pressure gauge rise with boost.

The MSD DIS2+ is good when its hooked up properly. Their customer service was excellent when I fried mine. I had it for 4 years before it died on me, and it only died because it got shorted out. Bad ground + being exposed to heavy rain = fried. I'm happy to have the 2-Step working on it, and can't wait to use it at the track.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SebringLX View Post
    The E-Manage was 0'd out, abandoned, and never used again within about a week of getting the car running. I just never got around to removing it because it was a whole big mess of wires to go through. I'm glad I finally got it out of there too.

The RRR is needed, there's no way to tell if it's set to 1:1 or something else, it doesn't have set markings on it, just a little nob on one of the valves that can be adjusted to fully open or fully closed. Usually about halfway between works best, I just make minor adjustments on it until it seems to be about 1:1 watching the needle on the fuel pressure gauge rise with boost.

The MSD DIS2+ is good when its hooked up properly. Their customer service was excellent when I fried mine. I had it for 4 years before it died on me, and it only died because it got shorted out. Bad ground + being exposed to heavy rain = fried. I'm happy to have the 2-Step working on it, and can't wait to use it at the track.
    If you have a way to jump the fuel pump relay you should be able to dial it in with a compressor and a FP gauge while the car is off.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    If you have a way to jump the fuel pump relay you should be able to dial it in with a compressor and a FP gauge while the car is off.
    I don't have a compressor.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SebringLX View Post
    I don't have a compressor.
    If you don't have a friend with one, and don't want to pay the guy at a shop, there are alternatives. I'm sure with the right fittings and 75 cents you could do it at your neighborhood gas station.

you dont need crazy boost, you just need some pressure.

you can use a dosage measuring syringe from the drugstore to pressurize the diaphragm of the regulator by hand while the pump is jumped to power so it runs. obviously you cant have the car running or it will stall from being pig rich.

brian

boostaholic

The weather is looking really nice for Saturday. My wife should be home by noon, so I play to be out at Byron Dragway by 1 PM. Hopefully I will have run enough of the E85 out of the car to be able to put enough race gas in to richen it up enough to raise the boost. With straight E85 I'm limited to about 17psi right now. IIRC from last year, I needed at least 5 gallons of 93 octane on top of 8 gallons of E85 to be able to run ~24psi and not get too lean. That's what got me my 12.9 and 12.8 runs.

I am really hoping the 2-step helps me get down to at least a 1.7 60'. That alone should drop me to about a 12.4, since my 12.8 last year was off a 1.9 60'. I'll be happy to beat last years best at all, and I'll be extremely happy if I can get a 12.5 or better my 1st time out this year.

I'm planning to race at at least 3 events this year. SDAC20, the Belivedere Mopar Happening, and the Monster Mopar Weekend. I might end up at more than just those, but those are my 3 must-go-to for 2011.

turbo addict

That was the worst audio ive ever heard in my life. Otherwise, nice project. Looks like its been an experience.

Hybrid booster

the audio sounded like loose vagina lips slapping each other in the end
    1985 Dodge Shelby Charger *never ending project* 1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z *SOLD* 1989 Chrysler Lebaron 2.5 Turbo Convertible *CRUSHED* 2001 Dodge Stratus R/T *SOLD* 2006 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L

boostaholic

I managed to get another 12.8 @ 106 at the track yesterday.

R/T .412 (Messing with the 2-step, not worried about cutting a good light, last year was a .005)
    60' 1.952 (+0.037 worse than last year)
    330 5.384 (-0.002 better than last year)
    1/8 8.258 (-0.014 better than last year)
    MPH 85.13 (+0.05 better than last year)
    1000 10.756 (-0.008 better than last year)
    1/4 12.865 (-0.007 better than last year)
    MPH 105.67 (-1.32 worse than last year)

I also managed to get this time with 23psi falling to 22psi this year compared to last year I needed a little over 25psi falling to 24psi to get it. So I pretty much matched last years best with less boost. Definitely lots of room for improvement.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast