Thread: power loss light

Garrett booster

power loss light

Hey everyone, I need someones help. I drive a 1987 chrysler lebaron 2.2 L turbo and the power loss light keeps coming on, bold not flashing, on my dashboard but yet my car runs perfect. I don't no how to get rid of this light. I have to drive an hour and a half out of the city on friday and I would preper this light be gone incase it is something serious that I'm just not picking up. The car runs perfect so I'm just confused. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hybrid booster

Re: power loss light

have you looked at the fault codes by jogging the key?
    - Dave MacArthur '83 Shelby Charger - TII conversion ("The Mistress") '08 Ranger '04 Malibu '12 Can Am Spyder RT

Hybrid booster
    1991 Chrysler Lebaron GTC convertible - a568 - 15psi FWD Stage 3, FMIC, TII Garrett turbo, two of the big ones

Garrett booster

im getting 16, 34 and 47

Looks like a power issue and speed control servo, whatever that is. Probably because the power issue, although I can't say I've ever seen the power loss light come on for low voltage. Maybe it does though.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    I can't say I've ever seen the power loss light come on for low voltage. Maybe it does though.
    Yes, it most certainly does.

Next time it comes on, take a look at your voltmeter and see what it's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by supercrackerbox View Post
    Yes, it most certainly does.

Next time it comes on, take a look at your voltmeter and see what it's doing.
    That is good to know. The only reason I say that is because I drove my car the other day with the alternator not charging and the light wasn't on. Granted, it hadn't hit the warning area on the gauge, but no light. Oh well, my car isn't posting codes either, so who knows WHAT'S wrong with mine.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Yeah, I guess I should have elaborated that the gauge has to get really low before the light comes on. But I've had that issue pop up on both my Daytonas, one where the alternator harness fried (old Daytona) and when I threw all the belts off the white one.

Garrett booster

the powerloss light comes on within 2 minutes of driving and stays bold, i checked the voltmeter once it came on and it did not change from the original. the voltmeter is fine.

If those are the only codes you're getting and your power is fine, not sure what to tell you. If you don't mind, maybe confirm the codes one more time? Sometimes I have mis-read the flash counts or gotten the numbers mixed up in my head. Or maybe check the wiring to the power module to see if there is any discontinuation in the power wires leading there. There are two power feeds going into the power module. One is from the alternator (DG) and the other is from the battery (PK). Maybe one of them is bad? That or swap out the power module with another to see if you have the same problem.