Thread: Just got my Wideband installed.

turbo addict

Just got my Wideband installed.

Only temporary in the stock location untill my box from TU comes in. I have some concerns though. Under part throttle accel My AFR shoots to around 16:1 and under Decel my AFR is around 12-13, But under cruise I am at 14.5-15.3 and WFO I get 12-12.5:1. So whats the deal and why is my computer doing this. Is it because I have run for so long with the narrowband not even there? I am running a Techedge unit and the NB from that is hooked up but I didnt reset my sbec.

Attached is a screenshot of the datalog, The beginning is cruisee at 14.7, then there is a part throttle accel which shoots to 15.6, finally a decel that shows a 12.5. I couldnt log a full throttle where I was but thats around 12.3.

I know the signals are noisy but that didnt happen untill I hooked up the wideband(I think theres a jumper to fix that) and my map is in +- psi right now and isnt accurate. I havent found a good voltage lookup table for the stock 2 bar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	log.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	22801  
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: Just got my Wideband installed.

The computer is using preset tables at cruise or part throttle, sometimes using the ox sensor, so if your running more boost or a bigger turbo, more flow etc, and your running a stock computer, it can't compensate. Ditto for running a new cal, if you haven't adjusted the tables enough, you could be lean. A wot, it ignores basically everything but the MAP sensor and again, goes into a preset table which is usually very rich to avoid blowing up the engine.

Idle the ox sensor is used so around 14.7 is reached, part should be 13 ish and full should be 11.5:1.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

So you haven't had any O2 hooked up for a while? Reset the ECU always. It usually takes my car about 2 days before it starts adapting based off the narrowband output. Before that it's using the hard curves.

turbo addict

Alright Ill reset it and I am running a slightly bigger turbo its a half assed hybrid with a .63 housing plus I have an intercooler with hardpiping. I guess the preset tables for the mitsu dont cut it lol.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    Alright Ill reset it and I am running a slightly bigger turbo its a half assed hybrid with a .63 housing plus I have an intercooler with hardpiping. I guess the preset tables for the mitsu dont cut it lol.
    Yep, lol.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Yep, lol.
    BEEN THERE!

Quote Originally Posted by badandy View Post
    BEEN THERE!
    I think we all have,

turbo addict

Now that the computer can see that should it give some more fuel or should I be investing in an ostrich sooner?

I reset the computer and I will drive it for a while but I did a half throttle pull and it will be 16 even at 10 psi

You should be getting a cal or an Ostrich before you blow it up or a temp bandaid is +20 injectors or an AFPR.

turbo addict

if your on a stock cal, part throttle boost is a no-no as it will melt something