Thread: Zeitronics VS Inovate

Zeitronics VS Inovate

I'm looking to purchase a wideband O2 sensor and am up in the air between the Inovate unit and Zeitronics unit. I'm leaning toward the Zeitronics unit. The only thing that irks me is to use their map sensor input you have to use their 3.5 bar sensor at the cost of 100 bucks. I know you can use the user specified 0-5 volt signal for a regular 3 bar map sensor. What bothered me was I emailed them about offering a 3 bar version and they responded that their sensor accuracy is way higher than the gm 3 bar sensor and that's why I should use it. My response is I'm buying a air fuel gauge and am tuning for a good mixture. Really if the map sensor could give me an accuracy of .5 # of boost I could really care less if the af is where it needs to be. I really can't justify 100 bucks for a sensor just for data logging. LMK what your thoughts are.

turbo addict

Re: Zeitronics VS Inovate

love my innovate units. I'd tell zietronix to shove it

Garrett booster

+1 I love the Innovate I use!

turbo addict

I have a techedge and if you can solder then its an awesome deal. You get all the logging of the Zeitronics for a price thats less than the Innovate. You can progam the outputs (3) like the innovate so you can use innovate gauges. You can also log 3 0-5 volt signals and 3 EGT plus RPM.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

...on your color TV screen... Turbo Mopar Contributor Reeves's Avatar

I love the Zeitronix.

I use my 4 bar map to the 0-5V input to log boost with. It is user scalable, so I just hooked up a regulator/gauge and checked the voltage at different "boost" levels and then scaled it in the Zeitronix software. Works great.

I also log RPM and EGT with the Zeitronix and it doesn't require any additional items to do so.

Bad part is, to log, you have to have a laptop plugged in.

James Reeves - Reeves Racing
    World's Fastest 8 Valve - 146.88 mph
    86 GLH-T 9.99 at 143.78 mph
    86 GLHS #169 Mom's - complete Super 60 car
    87 Shelby Z 14.16 Dad's - mostly stock, no sh*t!
    88 Shelby Z 13.5 - been in storage for 15 years
    03 SRT-4 12.24 Mom's
    07 Charger 5.7L 12.48 Dad's

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mcglsr2's Avatar

+1 to the Zeitronix.

I have been using it for quite a while. I agree, it sucks about the map sensor, but I just went ahead and got the 3.5 Bar one.

Here's a post in a thread I did regarding my unit:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=17

In the end, I think the answer is you will be happy with whichever you choose. Both are great products, and do what you want them to do. The differences, I think, come down to personal opinion. I personally went with Zeitronix and think you'd be happy with it. You'd probably also be happy with the Innovate unit as well, so hard to pick wrong. Good position to be in
    Scott
    87 Shelby CSX #581

The Car

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor mcglsr2's Avatar

Another thread with this "debate:"
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ight=zeitronix

EDIT: lol, I said this in that older thread: "you probably couldn't go wrong either way good position to be in" and that almost exactly in the above post. Freaky
    Scott
    87 Shelby CSX #581

The Car

turbo addict

+2 to the Zeitronix

Once you log boost with their map sensor and compare it to a log from a GM unit you will see why they push for their suggested unit...not to mention the fact you can get their gauge which when paired with their map makes it extremely accurate. I'm thinking about using their suggested unit as my main map in fact.

...anyway, both units are good and have pros/cons and both units will serve you well.

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Anyone have any input on the AEM units? Guy at work has a lot of Dyno experience in VA as he was a co-owner of Dyno Inc. and swears by the AEMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

Hybrid booster

They are both good units I'm sure. Seems like Innovate may be more popular in other non-TM applications?

I personally have an LC1 and so far so good, even got the narrow band output hooked up to the ecu. Have not had much of a chance to play with logging yet so i cant comment on that.