Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: GLHS 937 Restoration Project

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rx2mazda's Avatar

Re: GLHS 937 Restoration Project

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Man I was flirting in person and on the phone with the woman from Montana. Both were extremely helpful, but neither could change the Make. Montana couldn't because the original title from CA said Dodge and the TN lady couldn't because the title from Montana said Dodge. There was a third lady I was trying to shmooze, but she didn't respond. She must have been a lesbian. I'm KIDDING!!!
    You need me to call for you?
    Carroll

SILVER, 85 GLH-R/T, TIII powered, Fueltech, ID1300's. PTE5857
    RED, 91 Spirit R/T - Holset HE351 - 12.6 @ 107...R.I.P.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

WOW! You are really making some progress

Quote Originally Posted by rx2mazda View Post
    You need me to call for you?
    LOL Man, I'm sure you can get them to adjust the database to add Shelby in the Make table! Just flash some of your women with the guys at the state office and you have at it with the ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by omni_840 View Post
    WOW! You are really making some progress
    Man I hope I make more and more. I really wish I had my wiring stuff here, I'd get the harness done this weekend.

I just got the fuel rail pretty much done, but since I ran out of supplies I have to wait until next weekend to finish it. The good news is all of the wiring stuff will be here by then, along with the painting supplies. Here are some pictures of the work in progress.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ordered_ends.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	22845   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new_ends.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	22846   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test_bench.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	22847   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test_benched_installed.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	22848   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clip_style.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	22849  
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

LOL Man, I'm sure you can get them to adjust the database to add Shelby in the Make table! Just flash some of your women with the guys at the state office and you have at it with the ladies.

Man I hope I make more and more. I really wish I had my wiring stuff here, I'd get the harness done this weekend.

I just got the fuel rail pretty much done, but since I ran out of supplies I have to wait until next weekend to finish it. The good news is all of the wiring stuff will be here by then, along with the painting supplies. Here are some pictures of the work in progress.
    I really like that. I can't wait to do mine.

turbo addict

ive started a notebook i named it "great ideas ive stolen from jon"
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

Quote Originally Posted by 86seeS View Post
    ive started a notebook i named it "great ideas ive stolen from jon"
    lol Well I wish they were TRULY original, but these cars need to upgrade to the 21st century. Thanks for the compliment!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Here's a final mock up of the fuel rail harness. I'll be adding a wire for the knock sensor and possibly the temp sensor, but I haven't decided on whether or not to wire the temp sensor on the front or rear of the plenum.

turbo addict

Where do you get all your parts for the wiring?

Quote Originally Posted by 1984rampage View Post
    Where do you get all your parts for the wiring?
    http://www.rs-autosport.net/catalog/

That's where I got the ends. The ends come with the terminals. The wire is 16GA for the signal wires and 18GA for the wires going to the LM. I'm still not finished, but that is about what it would look like when it's done. The loom I'll be getting will cover most of it.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Did you mean stock instead of sock? I plan to retain the stock Konis and put the coil overs from the blue car on the GLHS. Eventually I'd like to get a set of the coil overs so I can have a set for each. For the right price, I'd sell the GLHS Konis.
    Yes, stock. Sorry, hadn't had my coffee yet. I'll respond by saying, for the right price, I'd buy them . . . But there's probably a gap in between our numbers. Wish you were into Daytonas, I could probably trade you enought parts to come up even.

Quote Originally Posted by supercrackerbox View Post
    Yes, stock. Sorry, hadn't had my coffee yet. I'll respond by saying, for the right price, I'd buy them . . . But there's probably a gap in between our numbers. Wish you were into Daytonas, I could probably trade you enought parts to come up even.
    Well I'd just want to get what they are worth out there. I know that's vague in some ways, but I don't care to gouge anyone on the price. I just know I'd need to sell them to offset the cost of buying the coil over kit. These need a rebuild so not sure how much I could get for them. :\

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Shoot me a price if you need to. That and the Mobil and shift pattern decals are all I'm missing for Shelby specific items on my S.

Quote Originally Posted by supercrackerbox View Post
    Shoot me a price if you need to. That and the Mobil and shift pattern decals are all I'm missing for Shelby specific items on my S.
    Darn it! Don't put me on the spot like that. hehe I'll think about it and see what is fair.

On another note, I have a lot of things coming in and things to do!

Underhood lining (ordered, thanks Dave!)
    Painless wire loom (ordered)
    Wiring tape (ordered, Audi style from the Captain of Chaos!)
    Terminals and connector (ordered)
    Camber plates (ordered, Rich Bryant style!)
    Power coating material (ordered, valve cover and brakes)
    Door skin window scrapers (already here!)
    Window bushings (already here!)
    CV shaft replacement (already here)
    Rockford Fosgate RFDB4 Battery Terminals (ordered)

There's more to do before SDAC, but those are the things I've purchased and will be taking care of in a week.
    Last edited by minigts; 06-06-2010 at 01:07 AM.

Well I got some painting done on the hood and roof just to keep it presentable. There is plenty of rust in the jambs, but it's not bad. I will definitely need to pull the doors, fenders and hatch off to get to everything but that will be later. More progress later, but here is a teaser!

Name:	top_view.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	22852   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hood.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	22853   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roof.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	22854   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roof2.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	22855  

This recent flurry of posts makes me feel like I am running terribly behind if I want to make it to SDAC in an Omni. This is of course very true, but none the less...

turbo addict

cover the hood with a few rolls that fake carbon fiber decal stuff freak out the ricer kids lol
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    This recent flurry of posts makes me feel like I am running terribly behind if I want to make it to SDAC in an Omni. This is of course very true, but none the less...
    Man, you'll have it ready by SDAC. You still have a couple of weeks before you head down here, so get ta steppin'!

Quote Originally Posted by 86seeS View Post
    cover the hood with a few rolls that fake carbon fiber decal stuff freak out the ricer kids lol
    lol Well I decided to cover the hood with some cheap paint just to save face. This is by no means the paint job as much as it is a band aid, albeit a cheap and quick one. I really didn't want to mess with this, but the rust was just too much for me to continue looking at.

There are a couple of places where I pulled the tape too soon and didn't cut it properly, so it pulled it on the roof. And I forgot to leave the tape up along the pillars, so there is a definite line there. I may be able to sand it down and blend it but who really cares? lol There were also some places on the back of the roof that were really bad, but again no big deal. I figure some 1000 grit and a descent buff will make it look half way descent.

Name:	painted.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	22871   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	painted1.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	22872   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	painted2.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	22873  

It looks a lot better than it did before. I don't suspect that lichens were recently evicted anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    It looks a lot better than it did before. I don't suspect that lichens were recently evicted anymore.
    That sounds like a bunch of technical mumbo jumbo.

Well... I didn't get much done today. I was hoping to get both doors done with the interior molding and the bushings, but I had to deliver the brakes, knuckles and a couple of cam gears to get media blasted and I ended up talking to a guy who apparently collects Stern wheels. I mean the guy had like 8 sets not to mention a nice set of Recaro seats and a bunch of other stuff. He has 4 Mustangs; one Saleen, one SSE, one 94 GT and a 1990 convertible GT. Two of the four cars have Sterns.

But I did get the window bushing in on the driver's side along with a freshened door weather strip that is in very good shape. It's only missing 2-3 of the push deals. I also replaced the interior window scraper. THAT I'm not happy about and will be buying ones that are lower. These are WAY too tall and for some reason you can see the "staples" I used to secure it to the door skin. Having said that I was able to engineer a way to keep it on the skin with finishing nails and some precision spec'ed engineering.

I had to drill holes and then use the staple I made to push it through. It wasn't too easy at first, but after I did a few, it got easier.

Overall I'm glad it is installed, but I'm not happy with the way it's sitting. I'm going to pull the door skin off and see if I can adjust things to make it sit better, but overall I think I'm going to have to order some new stuff. The place I ordered this from is the same place someone else posted. The guy told me they do sell a shorter trim piece, but at the time I didn't think it would be that big of a deal. Now I do. You can see the staples in this picture and that the door seal is WAAAY taller than the outer scraper. The skin sits fine on the door, so I don't know what I can do with it other than get shorter stuff. :GRRRR:

Name:	drilling_holes.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	22885   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engineering.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	22886   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engineering2.jpg 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	22887   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trimed_end.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	22888   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	installed.jpg 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	22889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	installed2.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	22890  

turbo addict

Well... I didn't get much done today. I was hoping to get both doors done with the interior molding and the bushings, but I had to deliver the brakes, knuckles and a couple of cam gears to get media blasted and I ended up talking to a guy who apparently collects Stern wheels. I mean the guy had like 8 sets not to mention a nice set of Recaro seats and a bunch of other stuff. He has 4 Mustangs; one Saleen, one SSE, one 94 GT and a 1990 convertible GT. Two of the four cars have Sterns.
    90% of the people that see my shelby think that its a 5.0 with a body kit haha i tell the idiots that it has a 2.3 svo in it lol

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast