Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: GLHS 937 Restoration Project

Re: GLHS 937 Restoration Project

And at night this last weekend, just before I put them to bed. Interior is going back in the CSX this week.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140425_203432.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	390.5 KB 
ID:	49816
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Been working on a project, kinda insignificant, but one of kinds that I like doing. Basically it's more of an improvement and not just a fix.

The first pic, I had to add some plastic where the original cut out was. Using a cutoff wheel, I trimmed the outer edge off and it left this open. I used some super glue to secure a wedged piece of the extra plastic that was trimmed away. It's hard to see, but there is one trimmed piece sitting on top of the actual piece that will be installed. As you can see, I painted the trim piece just so the original light grey wouldn't show through. It's not perfect on the edges probably could have been a little more exact, but with the cloth it hides most of the imperfections. And being in the back of the car where no one will be able to sit anymore, I wasn't terribly worried too much about how it looked.

Name:	20140429_182137.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	559.9 KB 
ID:	49838 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140429_232102.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	593.5 KB 
ID:	49839 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140429_232115.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	552.2 KB 
ID:	49842 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140429_232133.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	556.1 KB 
ID:	49840 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140429_232649.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	577.5 KB 
ID:	49841
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Probably looks better than what the factory had!

I did this a bit ago, but had the door skins off and decided snap a pic or two. The black speaker covers came off a Rampage. Man they had some good parts on those cars. I wish I could find another one to part out with a black interior and good door skins.

Name:	20140521_233551.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	540.1 KB 
ID:	50232 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140521_233612.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	538.3 KB 
ID:	50233

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

So is your interior the dark charcoal or did you convert it to black?

Charcoal for the main pieces, converting to black where I can. I would love to get a set of black door skins and then just repaint the rear sails the charcoal color and then I would be done with the interior, minus the trunk and rear seat. Still considering doing a sub floor to bring it up to the top of the battery box and also making some cargo containers where the rear seats used to be.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Charcoal for the main pieces, converting to black where I can. I would love to get a set of black door skins and then just repaint the rear sails the charcoal color and then I would be done with the interior, minus the trunk and rear seat. Still considering doing a sub floor to bring it up to the top of the battery box and also making some cargo containers where the rear seats used to be.
    Which you would then put AR-15s in. I like the way you think.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Which you would then put AR-15s in. I like the way you think.
    Honestly, if I were to carry something around like that I would for sure do that. I should have enough room to lay a rifle flat given the height I need to reach to clear the battery box.

turbo addict

I vote gun rack put on the cage. I mean you are in TN and all. Would only fit the persona
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

"A gun rack? A gun rack. I don't even own A gun, let alone a many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I gonna do with a gun rack?"
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    "A gun rack? A gun rack. I don't even own A gun, let alone a many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I gonna do with a gun rack?"
    A gun rack gives you reason to purchase a few long guns and put them in the rack.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86Shelby View Post
    A gun rack gives you reason to purchase a few long guns and put them in the rack.
    Just part of an ongoing movie quote battle between Jon and I.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

turbo addict

Didn't that start with mikes gtp build thread with super troopers quotes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Honestly, if I were to carry something around like that I would for sure do that. I should have enough room to lay a rifle flat given the height I need to reach to clear the battery box.
    Sounds good. I'll loan you one.

No way, this is GAME ON!!!!

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Sounds good. I'll loan you one.

No way, this is GAME ON!!!!
    Oh boy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turbo addict

It's on like Donkey Kong!?

Quote Originally Posted by 85boostbox View Post
    I vote gun rack put on the cage. I mean you are in TN and all. Would only fit the persona
    lol I am all for it! I probably won't do it though. If I buy an AR15 one day, I may incorporate it and for now just ensure there is enough room.

I'm always up for a little Wayne's World. Sorry I didn't respond to this earlier, I would have retorted with something else, but for some reason this thread doesn't send notifications.

Quote Originally Posted by 86Shelby View Post
    Just part of an ongoing movie quote battle between Jon and I.

Yes and a good reference Mike, well played....

Quote Originally Posted by 85boostbox View Post
    Didn't that start with mikes gtp build thread with super troopers quotes?
    I think maybe so. Super Troopers is one of my favorites. I didn't care for Club Dread but Beerfest wasn't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    lol That's an OOOLD quote, don't know the movie reference. But yes it is!

Haven't done much with the car this weekend. Had some other things to get taken care of at the house. Headed out to LA to get the car in a couple of weeks, so this coming weekend I really would like to get the suspension done which will be a replacement of the rack, the k frame for the tube k frame by Slowe Speed and the tube control arms by DJ Jazzy Elford. I pretty much have an entire new power steering system, so all of that will be replaced. That should take care of the leaks for the car.

I also will be moving the relays for the HIDs to the fuse block. Figured out the wiring pinout from their relays to the ones made for the fuse block relays. Should reduce the wiring by two major ones going to the headlights, not to mention the ground that runs from the kit. I'll get some pics of this stuff when I get done, but I did find out why my headlight was intermittently not coming on AND not coming on when the car was cold. Both relays had some corrosion on the relay terminal posts and one was REALLY bad. Kinda glad it was something simple and not a bad ballast. My friend had a set of HIDs for his GTP G8 that was blowing the HID bulbs every other week, glad that isn't me.

turbo addict

lol That's an OOOLD quote, don't know the movie reference. But yes it is!
    It's from the movie "The King of Kong:A Fistful of Quarters"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kin...ul_of_Quarters

It's from the movie "The King of Kong:A Fistful of Quarters"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kin...ul_of_Quarters
    hahaha My friend tried to get me to watch that soooo many times. I should thought about that one!

Got the headlights wired up and tried to clean things up. Swapped over to some Packard terminal connectors from the ones I swapped to a while back. These seem a bit more durable, but I need to get another set that are made for 12 GA wire, kinda tight when crimping things. Not much to look at, but placed the relays and fuses at the top, the rest are from the conversion from fuse links, which was done a long time ago.

Name:	20140602_002407.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	558.1 KB 
ID:	50347

That looks great Jon. Your wiring projects are always inspiring.