Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: GLHS 937 Restoration Project

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: GLHS 937 Restoration Project

Is that a graphite color on there, or just the camera?

That is the color. I can post the color code and brand if needed.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    That is the color. I can post the color code and brand if needed.
    Are you going to do the car that color? That would look very nice.

turbo addict

color looks awesome man
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

Agreed, the color looks great
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turbo addict

Car is coming along! Nice project!

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Are you going to do the car that color? That would look very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86seeS View Post
    color looks awesome man
    Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    Agreed, the color looks great
    Well I don't think I will paint the entire car Graphite if that id what you guys are saying. That would be too much of one color with the interior basically that color too. I think i'll go with the flat look and do some decals, not sure which color.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    Car is coming along! Nice project!
    Thanks Reaper. Glad to see you around again!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

I'm here and there. School, work, and life are kicking my @ss right now, but this is a nice escape! LOL

Alright, didn't do anything monumental recently, but I did get a chance to swap out the tail lights for some cleaner ones that have better paint. I do plan to repaint the original ones just because I can, but these are in pretty good shape. One was from Bill's place I got while I was in Detroit just after SDAC.

I also had a question from Badger about flaring the fenders out, so I thought I would take a couple of pictures to show where I re-drilled the mounting hole for the bracket.

And the car was pretty dirty but free of rust. I sprayed some simple green and went on my way. This car seriously needs a paint job and it will come soon enough.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tailights (2).jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	222.2 KB 
ID:	25994   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tailights (1).jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	246.1 KB 
ID:	25995   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tailights (3).jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	216.7 KB 
ID:	25996   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tailights (8).jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	228.0 KB 
ID:	25997   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tailights (4).jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	199.6 KB 
ID:	25998   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tailights (5).jpg 
Size:	228.7 KB 
ID:	25999  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tailights (6).jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	219.2 KB 
ID:	26000   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tailights (7).jpg 
Size:	229.2 KB 
ID:	26001   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fender_flare (1).JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	411.0 KB 
ID:	26002   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fender_flare (5).JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	403.6 KB 
ID:	26003  

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

thanks for the pics Jon!

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    thanks for the pics Jon!
    Yeah sorry it couldn't be better, but I'd have to jack the car up just to get a descent shot and that would have to be during the daytime. You can see the place where I drilled and mounted the one end of the support bracket. You really just have to pull the fender until it seems uniform on both sides. I'm sure you could measure it, but given the challenges an imperfect asymmetric car, it's just as close if you eye it. I think I got it pretty close, but my car needs an alignment so we'll see.

turbo addict

i got a set from bills also along with two truck and trailer loads of other stuff you name it bill had it need anything let me know
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

ummm.....who's this,bill guy?

Man I had a whole bunch of stuff written, but my browser crashed! In short, he was one of the more well known folks involved with our cars and cars in general. I didn't know him like some of the others on the board, but very energetic, friendly, knowledgeable and one of the first people to be there to help or lend a part if you needed it. He passed away earlier this year and it was a big loss for our community.

The car in Wes' picture above is one of the vehicles in his collection. You should read up on that thread.

Well I had a problem with my steering when I went to the Tail of the Dragon a couple of weeks ago, so I decided to check on the rack position just in case something was wrong. Seemed all the bolts were tight except the one that had broken off. I can't fix that right now, but it looks like I will be pulling the K member to correct this....and if I pull it, I'm getting new bushings....and if I put in new bushings, I'm going to powdercoat it....and the control arms. So looks like the next upgrade will be suspension again. When it's all said and done, the entire front end of this car will have been upgraded or replacement items for all serviceable parts, minus the brake lines.

Here are a couple of pictures I took under the car. Notice the lack of RUST and with a handy dandy rag, the lack of oil. Since I got all the leaks fixed, it's really clean under there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	undercar (2).jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	491.4 KB 
ID:	26044   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	undercar (1).jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	491.3 KB 
ID:	26045  

very interesting thread!

Well I had a problem with my steering when I went to the Tail of the Dragon a couple of weeks ago, so I decided to check on the rack position just in case something was wrong. Seemed all the bolts were tight except the one that had broken off. I can't fix that right now, but it looks like I will be pulling the K member to correct this....and if I pull it, I'm getting new bushings....and if I put in new bushings, I'm going to powdercoat it....and the control arms. So looks like the next upgrade will be suspension again. When it's all said and done, the entire front end of this car will have been upgraded or replacement items for all serviceable parts, minus the brake lines.

Here are a couple of pictures I took under the car. Notice the lack of RUST and with a handy dandy rag, the lack of oil. Since I got all the leaks fixed, it's really clean under there.
    What's all that funny gray stuff where the rust should be?

Have you thought about just doing one of Rich's K frames? By the time you do the bushings, PC, etc. it may not be too much of a jump for you.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

I thought all L bodies came pre rusted from the factory...?

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Well I don't think I will paint the entire car Graphite if that id what you guys are saying. That would be too much of one color with the interior basically that color too. I think i'll go with the flat look and do some decals, not sure which color.
    See if you can make a Graphite "S" before Ken? LOL

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    See if you can make a Graphite "S" before Ken? LOL
    With the time table that Ken works by, that shouldn't be a problem.

Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast