Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: GLHS 937 Restoration Project

turbo addict

Re: GLHS 937 Restoration Project

man... wish my S was that solid when i got it. great project for sure love the hood props they look awesome! also wouldnt mind getting a set of those blue mopar wires dont have an extra set would you? keep the pics coming
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

Quote Originally Posted by 86seeS View Post
    man... wish my S was that solid when i got it. great project for sure love the hood props they look awesome! also wouldnt mind getting a set of those blue mopar wires dont have an extra set would you? keep the pics coming

Yeah it just looks bad. Eventually I will pull the front cap, mask everything off and paint the radiator support and front end support. But the bottom of the car and basic rust areas are rust free.

Here is a link for the hood props and I highly recommend it. All you need to know is there. If not, PM me.

http://boostedmopar.com/forums/showt...6574#post96574

And I snatched the wires up from someone on this board, only one set. They fit great with my other car. I'd dare to guess you may be able to find them somewhere on the net.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/at...3&d=1249864588

There is the part number. And I'll try and do better at getting pictures. I get so dirty and I don't want to get my camera dirty.

BTW, I forgot to add that your project is pretty incredible. I was very impressed with the work you did and in the time you did it. I feel lazy after thinking about what you did with yours!
    Last edited by minigts; 05-31-2010 at 11:43 PM.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Got my new shafts today! WOO HOO!!! I told the guy I wanted the heavy duty ones, not the cheap tin can knock offs. He came through. They came with some big fat washers too. He said they were to push the shafts closer to the tranny, but I don't know about that. I mean they could be, but thoughts on that?

[SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Got my new shafts today! WOO HOO!!! I told the guy I wanted the heavy duty ones, not the cheap tin can knock offs. He came through. They came with some big fat washers too. He said they were to push the shafts closer to the tranny, but I don't know about that. I mean they could be, but thoughts on that?

The washers won't push the shaft any closer to the trans.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    The washers won't push the shaft any closer to the trans.
    I think he meant to put them inside the hubs instead of behind the nut. I wasn't sure about that and hadn't heard that before.

I think he meant to put them inside the hubs instead of behind the nut. I wasn't sure about that and hadn't heard that before.
    I haven't heard of that either. I would think that the axles would be more prone to binding?

turbo addict

where did the shafts come from?
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

I haven't heard of that either. I would think that the axles would be more prone to binding?
    That is what I was thinking. I thought it was the washers or something.

where did the shafts come from?
    There is a local place in town where I get all my front end alignment and stuff done. He found the shafts out in California and ordered them.

Got some sanding done on the hood, not the best scenario for painting but I had to do something. It was really bothering me. I do plan to make this a temporary fix and truly remove the rust from the hood. But for now I got rid of the colored rust stains and will hopefully be able to get the rust off the car before SDAC. I have TONS of stuff to do that I want to get done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sanded.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	22828   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sanded2.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	22829   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	primed.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	22830   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	primed2.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	22831   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	primed3.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	22832   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	final.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	22837  

Last edited by minigts; 06-04-2010 at 12:56 AM.

turbo addict

you going to AAR CUDA' it? (aka flat black)

You are making great progress Jon. Looking good.

you going to AAR CUDA' it? (aka flat black)
    Flat would be sweet, but I think I'm going gloss black. I need about 6 Chargers to do all the things I want to do. I have all these ideas, but wouldn't want to implement them all into one car.

You are making great progress Jon. Looking good.
    Thanks man. I need to get SUPER busy if I'm going to catch Wes!

turbo addict

Thanks man. I need to get SUPER busy if I'm going to catch Wes!
    hahaahaha hey mine aint done yet im still waiting on more cool ideas that you got that i can steal lol

Well I forgot about the tag. I went to get the title corrected today and get a plate, but unfortunately the original title from CA list the car as a Dodge Shelby Charger. I also looked at the door and it's got the Shelby sticker, but take a look at this.

Hard to see, but this car was built in October of 1986 and licensed to Shelby in January of 1987. I don't know, just thought it was kinda neat. ANYWAYS, the car was titled in CA originally as a Dodge Charger and there didn't seem to be any way to get it changed. Maybe I wasn't asking the right questions, but for now it will be listed as a Dodge Charger.

I'm applying for the tag GLHS937 and it should be ready by sometime in July.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chrysler_tag.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	22835   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shelby_tag.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	22836  

Well I ordered some supplies last night just before I went to bed. I'm getting some powder coating material to do the valve cover (wrinkle) and black to do the brakes and calipers. That should be fun! I also have supplies coming in for the wiring (Painless loom wrap and some cool Audi friction tape), which should be in next week. In fact everything should be in next week, but I won't be home until Thursday which means I have a BUTT load of work to do.

The brakes and calipers are getting cleaned and prepped this week along with 2 cam gears that will all get painted the gloss black. YAY!!! Pics of that once I get the coating done next weekend, hopefully.

OH and I almost forgot, got the camber plates ordered from Rich yesterday too! This is going to be awesome to get the plates, Koni coil-overs, new CV shafts and new brakes installed all at once!

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

Awesome progress Jon!
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

I'm guessing that the car no longer has the sock front Konis?

Quote Originally Posted by mcsvt View Post
    Awesome progress Jon!
    Thanks Gary! I hope to have it presentable as possible for SDAC.

Quote Originally Posted by supercrackerbox View Post
    I'm guessing that the car no longer has the sock front Konis?
    Did you mean stock instead of sock? I plan to retain the stock Konis and put the coil overs from the blue car on the GLHS. Eventually I'd like to get a set of the coil overs so I can have a set for each. For the right price, I'd sell the GLHS Konis.

Well I forgot about the tag. I went to get the title corrected today and get a plate, but unfortunately the original title from CA list the car as a Dodge Shelby Charger. I also looked at the door and it's got the Shelby sticker, but take a look at this.

Hard to see, but this car was built in October of 1986 and licensed to Shelby in January of 1987. I don't know, just thought it was kinda neat. ANYWAYS, the car was titled in CA originally as a Dodge Charger and there didn't seem to be any way to get it changed. Maybe I wasn't asking the right questions, but for now it will be listed as a Dodge Charger.

I'm applying for the tag GLHS937 and it should be ready by sometime in July.
    Maybe someday you can get the title changed...I just asked the lady at the DMV a bunch of questions (and flirted a little ) and she was able to list the manufacturer as "SHELBY", but was not able to get "GLHS" as the model.

Best of luck with your project, it's looking great so far!
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    Maybe someday you can get the title changed...I just asked the lady at the DMV a bunch of questions (and flirted a little ) and she was able to list the manufacturer as "SHELBY", but was not able to get "GLHS" as the model.

Best of luck with your project, it's looking great so far!
    Man I was flirting in person and on the phone with the woman from Montana. Both were extremely helpful, but neither could change the Make. Montana couldn't because the original title from CA said Dodge and the TN lady couldn't because the title from Montana said Dodge. There was a third lady I was trying to shmooze, but she didn't respond. She must have been a lesbian. I'm KIDDING!!!

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast