Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: GLHS 937 Restoration Project

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: GLHS 937 Restoration Project

Looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Do you have any idea how much total weight this will be adding?
    Brian got the cage finished and painted. Checked on the weight, should be about 85 lbs extra. If I can lose about 20, that's not too much extra overall.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok last post about this one until SDAC I think. Brian got everything installed, minus the upper back seat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brian-installed-done.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	45310
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Wow. That looks amazing.

Ok, ONE MORE.

Name:	0531131409.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	45311
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Crickey OJT, guess I haven't checked into this thread for a while. I musta missed the transition from when 937 was a lightly upgraded resto project to a full on track beast. Did you detail the powerplant ideas and I missed it? Cage looks wicked strong-and purty

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Sweet. Looks like the back seat will still be fully functional if even for lilliputians.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Crickey OJT, guess I haven't checked into this thread for a while. I musta missed the transition from when 937 was a lightly upgraded resto project to a full on track beast. Did you detail the powerplant ideas and I missed it? Cage looks wicked strong-and purty
    I'm still volunteering his car to be snuck into a race in which we're way over our heads and outclassed by the competition. I just haven't been able to find a loophole to enter an ALMS series race yet. All we'll have to do is meet the minimum lap times and not break down. I know we can do this. Team Shelby Take Two.Two should be our team name.

Wow. That looks amazing.
    What is not visible is the 5th belt provision under the seat. It will be visible when we go for a ride. Doggie bags will be on your left.

I'll surely be needing them.

turbo addict

Wow, just seems like yesterday that I picked up my car. I think Brian has 6 people working for him and he lets everyone think he does all the work.

Looks great! If the stars align (for my car and myself) I hope to see you at SDAC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Ok, ONE MORE.

Name:	0531131409.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	45311
    How about just one more?

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    haha, yeah I was going to be in the area and decided to drop the car off. Originally I was going to have Brian do a lot more work on the motor, but there just wasn't time after some issues came up with another car. Plan is to have the bottom end built by Brian, which is done already, Menegon is building the head which will be ported and matched to the intake and exhaust. I'm considering upgrading the intake and go with something similar to what Lengel made, but I haven't committed yet. By the end, I probably will. I've also asked Brian to make me a header that is like the one I saw in his shop that he built for Steve. Tried to finagle it from Steve, but he needs it and Brian is going to go ahead and build mine for me. Will be upgrading the turbo to something like a GT30, 50 trim, TIII style and I will get a FMIC, like a precision 750. I think that is it besides injectors to match the air flow, maybe I'll get an oil cooler and get a cool relocation setup that will put it on the passenger side fender, oh and a catch can. We'll see what happens and WHEN it happens. I'm hoping the bigger parts will be finished by August, I can add the oil cooler and catch can later.

Sweet. Looks like the back seat will still be fully functional if even for lilliputians.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still volunteering his car to be snuck into a race in which we're way over our heads and outclassed by the competition. I just haven't been able to find a loophole to enter an ALMS series race yet. All we'll have to do is meet the minimum lap times and not break down. I know we can do this. Team Shelby Take Two.Two should be our team name.
    haha, man I'm all for that. I'm sure we'll figure it out sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    Wow, just seems like yesterday that I picked up my car. I think Brian has 6 people working for him and he lets everyone think he does all the work.

Looks great! If the stars align (for my car and myself) I hope to see you at SDAC.

- - - Updated - - -

How about just one more?
    Likewise man! Hope you can make it. I'll be in Philly a couple of days before and will be caravanning with the local guys. Hope you can join us!

turbo addict

Plan on running stand alone ems?

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    Plan on running stand alone ems?
    Eventually. I can't afford to go stand alone right now, especially since I'm getting so much other stuff done. It is down the road for sure. And I just re-read your comment about Brian having people work for him. I asked him if his shop was slow or something, but he replied he just gets things done. Damn skippy! Btw, working on the last picture before SDAC. I'll post it shortly.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

where you gonna get all those 525's that you are going to break since you seem to like to keep that blasted gearbox lol.

looking good.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    where you gonna get all those 525's that you are going to break since you seem to like to keep that blasted gearbox lol.

looking good.

Brian
    I haven't seen any mods for traction. Without that I think he'll be able to keep those 525s alive. Even if it dies I've got a 555 in my basement waiting for him! Sooner or later he'll surely get some decent power and traction at the same time.

looking good.

Brian
    haha, I WILL upgrade one day. If this breaks at SDAC this year, a transmission will be next on my list of things to get. As Cordes mentioned, he has one for me. You guys making it this year, hopefully? Always a good time with you guys.

I haven't seen any mods for traction. Without that I think he'll be able to keep those 525s alive. Even if it dies I've got a 555 in my basement waiting for him! Sooner or later he'll surely get some decent power and traction at the same time.
    Yeah, I don't have the power in this motor to do any real damage. I'm nervous about running it at the auto-cross, but I will be doing it regardless. With the cage and tires, I'm hoping to make a good showing with the car. I think it faired ok last year even with the stock wheels and cheap tires, so this will be a HUGE improvement and should get me some respectable numbers.

IMO you did more thank OK last year with the crap tires on there. I was quite impressed actually.

Also, why did you have to say that about the current power output of your motor? I could hear it pick up the glove and slap you across the face from here.

IMO you did more thank OK last year with the crap tires on there. I was quite impressed actually.

Also, why did you have to say that about the current power output of your motor? I could hear it pick up the glove and slap you across the face from here.
    haha Well I'm just saying, I lost a motor earlier this year and just replaced the rod bearings, so I'm not too confident in what this motor will do. Not to mention, the charging system is not working correctly, so tuning is practically out of the question.

Trust me, with my suspension setup, I do plan to run the HELL out of this thing.

Trust me, with my suspension setup, I do plan to run the HELL out of this thing.
    so youll need a trans then and a good oil pan or youll be replacing rod bearings again....

Brian

This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

so youll need a trans then and a good oil pan or youll be replacing rod bearings again....

Brian
    haha, if so, I'll take care of that when it happens. You coming this year?

haha, if so, I'll take care of that when it happens. You coming this year?
    unfortunately no. wife will be 8mo pregs at the time of sdac... i'll be staying home this year.

Brian