Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1968 Fury: What do you think?

Garrett booster

Re: 1968 Fury: What do you think?

+1 on 68 side marker lights, it's crazy but they just look cool. i would say if you don't have an old school car, do the trade. it's always cool when people admire your car and you won't get that with the truck. even though that truck appears to be in great shape.

turbo addict

I looked at the car today. It is exactly like he described it. It has zero rust. He has owned it for 3 years and bought it from the 2nd owner who moved here from southern California. It shows under 45k miles, so it probably has around 145k on it. It has been repainted because underhood is a different shade of yellow. He says the previous owner kept it in a garage as did the original owner. He told him that the interior is all original and it looks it. The driver's seat foam needs replacement, but the rest of the interior is great. There are no cracks or bad spots on any of the interior. The carpet looks a tad faded, but in excellent condition otherwise. I'm thinking the engine has been rebuilt in the past because it has plenty of power. The paint is good but could use a good wax/buffing.

I really like the car. He wants my truck. He shot me an offer of my truck and $3000. I'm going to think about it a little before I counter offer. I told him I'd get back to him by Wednesday. I was going to shoot him a straight trade, but I now realize my truck is probably worth less than the car. I will just cut the BS and meet him in the middle. If he doesn't go for it, I'll walk away.

I paid $10,500 for the truck a little over 2 years ago. I have about $11,000 in it now. I put the topper on and replaced the 4 rear tires. Before the guy sold it to me, he replaced the ball joints, replaced the starter, replaced the batteries, and put new tires on the front. It has an aftermarket 4" exhaust, #100 fuel plate, BHAF air filter, and boost/EGT gauges. The bad is a worn hole in the driver's seat, flaking paint on the passenger door above the window, and the check engine light is on for EGR. The EGR is closed and the truck runs no different. The Cummins forum guys told me that it isn't even worth fixing.

I took some pictures, but left my USB cable at home 90 miles away from my in-laws' house. I'll post some up Monday evening.
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I think the guy is way high on that car, but maybe that's just me.

Personally, I would push the even trade as hard as you can. As mentioned earlier, the sale-ability of C bodies is not that great especially in a tough economy. The truck has more utility than the car. It is everyday utility and you will be able to sell it a hundred times faster than the Fury. I would wait him out and push him often.

turbo addict

Here are the pics:

I love the updated Cragar SS's.

Wow a sweet ride indeed. It looks nice and clean. I would move on it.

turbo addict

I'm just not sure I want to write the guy a check in order to get the car. After thinking about it a couple days, I'm going to shoot him a straight up trade offer. If he doesn't take it, I can live without the car.

That is the best way to buy a car. Be able to walk away from the deal. It will get you the best deal every time. Stick to your offer and you have a much better chance of getting your deal no matter how many times he comes down in the cash with trade offer. If you have to offer anything with the truck, throw in some accessory or some fuel.

turbo addict

Update: I shot him even trade. He wouldn't budge. I didn't either. I'm still driving the dually, which is ok with me. I'll probably end up using it more down the line when I start restoring my tractor and showing it.

Hybrid booster

My opinion. You did the right thing by keeping the truck. Yeah that car is really nice. But your truck will easily be worth more in the long run. I think his price is too high for the car even for what it is.

Give him a few weeks and call to ask if wants to reconsider your offer. Let him stew a bit. Get him to inch his way towards your offer, but don't concede any to his. He will come to realize you may be his best chance to move the car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12