Thread: 87 Shelby Lancer partout.. 2 piece, shelby valve cover etc

Garrett booster

2 piece intake, TII turbo assembly, Shelby Lancer steering wheel, Shelby valve cover

Edit/update -- all that's left is the following! This stuff all came out of an ummodded totally rust free Shelby Lancer and is all in great shape

Shelby valve cover- 200 shipped

shelby steering wheel, foam is all tight, in good shape overall, one small damaged area on the back side.. looks like someone had a habit of picking at it or something. see pics below- 200 shipped

2 pc Intake/tb/fuel rail/sensors all in great condition, good paint, fuel rail is not kinked or damaged in any way- 200 shipped

complete TII turbo assembly with excellent condition turbo, oil/coolant lines, exhaust mani and all brackets- 200 shipped

Last edited by saw wave analog; 05-28-2010 at 01:34 PM.

turbo addict

Re: 87 Shelby Lancer partout.. 2 piece, shelby valve cover etc

Quote Originally Posted by saw wave analog View Post
    The car is complete and rust free, the Shelby wheels and steering wheel horn button are missing, and I am keeping the injectors, but everything else is there.

add around 15$ shipping for most stuff, more if you want something large like body parts or the radiator etc...

Prices for the obvious stuff- everything is in good condition

Shelby valve cover- 200
    shelby steering wheel- 200
    2 pc Intake and fuel rail-225
    turbo- 150
    rad/ic- 100
    TII rods-75
    full 4 wheel disc setup, master cylinder, prop valve, all calipers and rotors- 200
    rust free, straight rolling chassis without brakes- 300
    complete dex77 stereo setup 250

it is a red auto/leather car, I have extra ground effects, all of the plastic bezels and electronics are in good shape. if you want anything from it that I didn't list let me know what you want and make an offer. I am in South Bend, IN if you want to pick things up.

I will do package deals, and if you pick stuff up locally I will take a few bucks off as well. I am sorry to sacrifice a numbered car, but it it is going to help me get my Omni on the road, and hopefully help get a few other cars going as well, so try not to give me too much ---- about it
    Im interested in the shell if it is really rust free. Also how is this a roller if your selling the brake setup, not going to go anywhere with no rotors

Garrett booster

From what I saw of it earlier there was no rust, but I didn't get underneath it. Detailed pics of everything will be posted in a few hours when I have it home and start pulling it apart.. it looked nice and clean though aside from the fading paint.

I guess I should call it a barely rolling chassis.. ha.

Mitsu booster

interested in the turbo if its a TII... pics please

Parting it out makes mine worth more! How is the steering wheel?

Garrett booster

yes, think of it as a value adding charity event for all other Shelby Lancers... I love the cars and wish I could keep it and build it, but I can't... so I'll put it to work finishing my Omni and helping you guys make your cars better

The steering wheel is excellent other than the missing horn button. I *really* want to keep it, but the money could be useful for turbo upgrade purposes...

And 87 daytona, yes the turbo is TII... I'll have tons of pics later tonight after I strip the car.

Also, I will do trades for +40s or similarly sized injectors, 3 bar map, ~50 trim turbo, good suspension stuff, an LC1, possibly megasquirt stuff... you get the idea

Garrett booster

Ok, I just got the car in the garage. I haven't gotten it up in the air yet, but as far as I can tell the shell is legitimately rust free. Apparently the car is originally from Nebraska. The numbered dash plaque is missing, but I am told that the car is #794. It is surprisingly clean.. If someone is looking for a nice base for a project, the shell of this thing would be a great place to start... I wish I could afford to hold on to it for myself.

the interior door panels are in pretty nice shape. The steering wheel foam is starting to crack on the top, it's not as nice as I originally thought, but it's still in pretty good shape overall. All of the bezels and the grill look unbroken. The tail spoiler is nice. Tail lights are nice. I think it has a complete set of unbroken ground effects. the engine bay looks very close to stock aside from a drop in k&n in the airbox. The paint on the valve cover and intake looks about as good as I've seen original paint look, it's not peeling like they usually are. The radiator and intercooler look spotless.. no corrosion whatsoever, and the black paint on the intercooler is not peeling. I don't know if the radio is stock, it is a big double din thing with eq sliders and a joystick, and it has Chrysler and Infinity branding.

It is a mostly complete, running car that has obviously not seen much winter use, and as of right now everything on it is still available. Pm me or post here if you want something!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

Please tell me this was the one on us31.

what would it take in parts to keep this thing mostly intact.

Garrett booster

Didn't find it near 31

I spent my rent and bill paying money to pick it up because the deal was too good to pass up, so I am pretty much locked into parting it unless someone wants the whole thing for near what it's worth in parts.

as far as trades go, I am looking for large injectors, a wideband, a nice sized turbo, good suspension stuff like konis and especially coilovers, a 3" downpipe, 3 bar.... no need for any stock stuff really, just go fast goodies for my Horizon and my rent money back lol

Garrett booster

Turbo is gone!

Garrett booster

Shell is spoken for!

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Glad someone is saving the shell! What number is it?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Garrett booster

As am I, it's too clean to scrap it. #794

Garrett booster

Pics of the shell. I pulled out the battery tray a bit ago and there is a bit of surface rust starting down there, and a small area starting to form on the drivers side floorpan, but aside from that I cant find any other rust. The battery tray area could easily be sanded and painted, the floor pan probably too. I'd call the body 99% rust free. None of the stuff under the hood is corroded, the rad/ic looks almost new.. most of the brown in the pics is just dirt and dust. The third pic is where you can see the beginnings of rust on the floorpan.

Hybrid booster

Would the logic module in that Lancer work with my GLH? I've got an '88 Shelby Z engine with the A520 swapped in but im still using the '86 wiring.. just need to run the 2 wires for the AIS and TPS and to get the car on the road I need a computer and shifter/cables.

Garrett booster

Most of the car is gone, all that I have left is the steering wheel, the 2 piece, the valve cover, and the turbo assembly.

The VC is going in my Omni if no one buys it today or tomorrow
    Last edited by saw wave analog; 05-28-2010 at 01:31 PM.

Mitsu booster

if you still have it can you post some pics of the turbo? you are including the turbo, oil/coolant lines, exhaust mani and all brackets for $200 shipped correct? if its in good shape and you accept paypal i'm ready to buy just need to see some pics. this would be great for my turbo dakota project. thanks, steve

Garrett booster

Hey Steve, yes you are correct, it is the entire turbo assembly including everything you listed. It is all in good shape, minimal shaft play, comp wheel looks perfect, came out of a car that didn't blow smoke last time it was running and never saw snow so it isn't all corroded like a lot of them.

I'll get some pics up later tonight, leaving for work right now!