Thread: Valve body differences???

turbo addict

Valve body differences???

is an 85 valve body different than an 87? If so how?

Thanks.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: Valve body differences???

I think minor differences but not enough to worry about. If you mod it, then probably nothing.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

I think they played with some of the hole sizes in the separator plate between years and applications, but if you drill them out per the valve body mods, you end up with the same thing. '91 up valvebodies may have a plastic ball in one position instead of steel.

turbo addict

what's odd is there were no tubes in the 85 that come out the side and go up into the tranny. My 87 has it and the 85 looks to have the holes for it but I didn't see if they were blocked.

Anyone know if there is a for sure difference?

turbo addict

Those are the governor tubes... did someone mess with the '85 tranny? They come out easily.

Edit: or did you just get an '85 valvebody on it's own? If so the tubes from your '87 will swap onto it, if you've just got that as a spare to mod.

turbo addict

well the 85 is one of Chad Kilback's (torqueflite)'s RVMBs. So maybe that's why the govenor tubes are missing. I don't know squat about Auto's so I'm learning here so I can rebuild an Auto, beef it up and throw it in my 2.2 New Yorker. I don't want a RVMB in it but didn't know if I could use any of the parts out of it. I was just curious if they're different when stock. I just have the valve body out of the 85.

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    well the 85 is one of Chad Kilback's (torqueflite)'s RVMBs. So maybe that's why the govenor tubes are missing. I don't know squat about Auto's so I'm learning here so I can rebuild an Auto, beef it up and throw it in my 2.2 New Yorker. I don't want a RVMB in it but didn't know if I could use any of the parts out of it. I was just curious if they're different when stock. I just have the valve body out of the 85.
    If its a manual then that's why no governor tube's. I don't know how he mods them so just sell it or trade for an auto valve body.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Hybrid booster

Yeah you do, you just don't know it yet!

With that thing in my New Yorker it was barking the tires easily going into 2nd. And it REALLY firms up the slushy 2-3 shift.
    1991 Chrysler Lebaron GTC convertible - a568 - 15psi FWD Stage 3, FMIC, TII Garrett turbo, two of the big ones

turbo addict

devin do you know if this is based on an 87+ core? Everything I'm reading says that chad's stuff is.

Hybrid booster

devin do you know if this is based on an 87+ core? Everything I'm reading says that chad's stuff is.
    Lucky for you I still have PM's from 2006 on the "other" site, and it looks like that is a newer(87+) casting. My 85 valve body would not work for a core and I paid him a core charge.
    1991 Chrysler Lebaron GTC convertible - a568 - 15psi FWD Stage 3, FMIC, TII Garrett turbo, two of the big ones

turbo addict

ok, nother question. I'm trying to study up on what I need and I found this thread. http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/...hift-info.html In that thread it list's a Sonnex governor spring kit. Part #32204-30K. Now the only thing I can find is 32204-03K. Did someone just get the part #'s mixed up? So I've got the superior shift kit for $30+shipping, The reverse band from Sonnex for $5.28+shipping and just need to know if the 32204-03K is the right governor spring kit I need for $6.69+shipping.

I think that is all I need right away. I'll wait till I have a couple tranny's apart before seeing if I'm gonna need clutches.

If you use the search function, you'll find it,

Correct, Governor kit-Sonnax part number 32204-03K