Thread: Help! Need L body harnesses ASAP!!!

Garrett booster

Exclamation Help! Need L body harnesses ASAP!!!

Helping a buddy put his 86S together and he is missing the alternator, starter and injector harnesses. Anybody got those. He said he will buy a whole "L" parts car if need be.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Help! Need L body harnesses ASAP!!!

Let me check what I have....

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by SUPER60omni View Post
    Helping a buddy put his 86S together and he is missing the alternator, starter and injector harnesses. Anybody got those. He said he will buy a whole "L" parts car if need be.
    Alternator harness was never available new as a separate piece. New starter (positive cable) and injector harness are both NS1 and no remaining stock anywhere that I know of. I think I remember one of the obsolete Mopar parts hoarders had a positive cable available for like $450!!! They were around $60 new. Like anyone is going to pay $450 for a 2.2 starter harness.

FYI-A 85 new Yorker turbo alternator harness is a perfect bolt in with no modifications when using a ND alternator in your L-body. You can make the original work, but it's not as nice of deal.

Todd

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor rdnoel86's Avatar

Thats good to know....

Quote Originally Posted by 4 l-bodies View Post
    Alternator harness was never available new as a separate piece. New starter (positive cable) and injector harness are both NS1 and no remaining stock anywhere that I know of. I think I remember one of the obsolete Mopar parts hoarders had a positive cable available for like $450!!! They were around $60 new. Like anyone is going to pay $450 for a 2.2 starter harness.

FYI-A 85 new Yorker turbo alternator harness is a perfect bolt in with no modifications when using a ND alternator in your L-body. You can make the original work, but it's not as nice of deal.

Todd

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

Are you looking for a stock injector harness or just something that will work well?

The last injector harness I made was from a 4.0l (straight 6) cherokee. It had the newer style injector connectors that don't use that stupid metal clip.

I simply removed the extra two connectors and then spliced in the wires as needed. Nicer than stock and not much work compared to building it totally from scratch.

-Rich