Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1989 Mitsubishi Starion

Re: 1989 Mitsubishi Starion

Eh... not really... it doesn't run last I remembed and I need money more than another car. If it was a PARTIAL TRADE or something like that I'd be more inclined to take that little dead Impreza off your hands LOL

You want this piece of awesomeness? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMESELX%3AIT Bid on it!

turbo addict

ah nice find. its an 89 conquest though. 89 starions are one of 159 or so. Either way 88-89 are the most desireable years for reliability at least lol. BTW dont go 4g6x anything lol. The g54b turbo bottom end is very strong. People knock it but if it had a dohc head, and a t-belt over t-chain setup, it would toast the 4g63. Bottom end is, IMO, much more reliable, and you certainly dont have to worry about crankwalk issues. I have beat on and built up quite a few sq's, mine and other people's and anytime you end up with a knocking
    g54b turbo engine its due to lack of care as these cars 90 percent of the time are owned by some flack prior to you and its end is near in some way or another. Poor cars were destined for failure and they never should have been. I never had an engine issue with my g54b's in my sq's. They have weird quirks and you may/may not have some of these issues (hopefully not) but if you do between me and strangemajic you will probably be ok lol. Unless of course you went on over to the sq forums.

turbo addict

thats the car he bought.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Man i cant wait to get my turbo 2.6 limo project rolling

And looks like ill be doing 4g63 in my Arrow pickup.. Didnt want to do the same thing in both

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Fixed it's issues today. Damn injectors were hooked up wrong... it was using the bigger injector all the time and using the smaller one as well when boosting... so now it's all fixed and running GREAT.

Well, since money is tough it'll be getting listed on ebay soon unless someone here wants it.
    Glad you didn't have to buy injectors.. When still available they were dealer only and PRICEY! I told ya at the meeting it had something to do with them though.. (though I did think you needed a new one from the symptoms.. Oops!)

Wish I could buy that thing.. It's on the list. Top 5 actually..
    First would be to find an unmolested White/Blue 81 Z28, Blue/silver 71-73 Mach1(or BOSS), Baldwin Motion 73 Chevelle SS, Virtually any #'d Shelby Dodge, and a Conquest/Starion Widebody..

Pretty good on a list of thousands!

turbo addict

take it above above 4-5k to make sure ALL spit and sputter is gone lol. Go above 6k to really get her moving lol. BTW that 150 speedo can be reached and topped out lol. Have fun before its gone man!!! I never topped out my mpi conquest but my evo 3 ported big 16g starion at 21 psi topped out and still pulled, other than those 2 sq's i owned, i didnt get toooo crazy with them as far as high power mods. Stock they will grab that 150 though. Heck i reached 142 in an 86 flatbody conquest i had back in the day, my first one. I only reason i let off the gas was cus my boost gauge (digital dash) stopped working so i pulled over to put the vac hose back on and next thing i know the engine bay went up in flames and that was the last day i seen her again. 2 hrs from home to, so needless to say car was left on the side of the highway haha. i had a friend in another car, i stripped all i wanted off it, took as many number tags off i could easily grab and went on. Wasnt worth the dough to have it brought back. got it for 300 bucks lol and drove it almost 2 years.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by tsiconquest88 View Post
    Go above 6k to really get her moving lol. .
    I hope thats a joke. Don't take this motor above 5.5k. It quits making power with the stock turbo at 5k anyway.

Much above 5.5 and things like to spin that aren't supposed to.

Sold and gone!

turbo addict

joking yes, but no that whole g54b not being able to go above 5k is flack man (minus the 12a running out of steam lol). I been doing it for years with turbo's bigger than stock with/without balance shafts. Many guys have done it. If you have a proper running engine (meaning good oil pressure and no gunked up galleys, etc taking away oil pressure). you can rock the crap out of them. much above 6? no i dont suggest it though. but up to 6 its nothing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12