Thread: Clutches

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Clutches

Chris, what are the driving manners of the 4 puck vs. the 6 puck (w/ purple plate)?

Re: Clutches

Quote Originally Posted by TonaChris View Post
    Chris, what are the driving manners of the 4 puck vs. the 6 puck (w/ purple plate)?

The 4-puck clutches provide an abrupt engagement that may be too aggressive for street use. These clutches would be for vehicles that are strictly or mostly track use. We would suggest a 6-puck clutch for daily driver applications that are also used at the track with slicks. If you decide on our Stage IV Purple plate be sure to take advantage of our larger 232mm disk for an additional $25. The larger disk provides an additional 10% torque capacity in comparison to the standard 228mm. If you have an opportunity give us a call at the shop. We always prefer to speak with our customers before the final decision is made so we can go over their application in detail.

Chris-TU
    602-762-6678
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

6-puck feels like driving with a stock clutch. Its awsome!

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Mopar318 View Post
    6-puck feels like driving with a stock clutch. Its awsome!
    With purple pressure plate and disk size 232mm is EXCELLENT choice. Little chatter may occur in reverse and 1st gear but hardly noticeable. Pedal is like stock. I like this one very much.

Mitsu booster

chris recomended the 6 puck with purple plate to me, i LOVE this clutch, pedal is not stiff, feels great I can drive it all day, but compared to stock it has different characteristics, i mean, it is a 6puck, not a disc so its gonna grab harder, but definately a great clutch

Garrett booster

I agree with both these guys^^. I have TU 6 puck and purple plate. A little chatter below 1800 but thats it. I also have an aluminun flywheel that may cause a little extra chatter. Next time the trans comes out it getting a lightened steel flywheel.

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Thanks for the feed back Chris and others. If I ever get around to getting this srt engine in my daytona it should be about a 450-500hp/tq build. I was going to go with the 4 puck, but it will be a much driven street car( with occassionaltrack time) so I'll prolly go with the 6 puck. I imagine the 6 puck would be up to it eh?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

4 pucks are still streetable IMHO. I've been running them for years. It just takes some adapting.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

I have no problems daily driving a 4puck. You just use a little more rpm to stay out of the chatter zone and all is smooth and wonderful.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Garrett booster

I got the 6 puck for my R/T a year or two back. It's fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by TonaChris View Post
    Thanks for the feed back Chris and others. If I ever get around to getting this srt engine in my daytona it should be about a 450-500hp/tq build. I was going to go with the 4 puck, but it will be a much driven street car( with occassionaltrack time) so I'll prolly go with the 6 puck. I imagine the 6 puck would be up to it eh?
    If you are pushing 500 HP in a Daytona I would recommend the 4-puck instead. While the 6-puck is a great clutch I would not recommend it over 400HP/450tq. Go with the Purple stage IV set up with the larger 232mm 4 puck disk.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----