Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Laser XE coming back

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: Laser XE coming back

Very cool! ^^^Nice run

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

10.5 roasting them through the 1/8th. Wow.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86Shelby View Post
    Looks like this might be your run against that Honda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5C0XXUkDLs
    Awesome! Nice "Daytona"

BTW, them Bogarts look good on there!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

Warren is hard to tell from sound only which is the honda!!!!
    nice run!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    Warren is hard to tell from sound only which is the honda!!!!
    nice run!!!
    Oh man, your sayin my "Dodge" sounds like a Honda? wow that hurts!

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Watched the video, car was spinning till middle of second gear. Only ran a 1.74 60ft. in the final. I didnt pull away from him till mid track when it started to hook.
    I have to say that was a nicely built Civic, very clean and un-ricey. He said he normally runs 10.90s in Brainerd.
    best 1/8 ET-6.16 sec. best 1/8 speed-119.70 Best 1/4 MPH 145.5, Best 1/4 ET 9.65 sec. 8 valve NO NITROUS!!

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Stramer View Post
    Oh man, your sayin my "Dodge" sounds like a Honda? wow that hurts!
    I was thinking the same thing, your car sounds deeper and Way meaner than the torqueless wonder beside you!

I think Bakes was just talking about the "bike like" RPM that it sounds like your shifting at!

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, your car sounds deeper and Way meaner than the torqueless wonder beside you!

I think Bakes was just talking about the "bike like" RPM that it sounds like your shifting at!
    Yes i was but also listeing from a laptop speakers suck!!!!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Rampage16V's Avatar

Alright ! I like it!

Dean Stillie
    87 Shelby Z 2.4 Turbo 9.06@146.05
    82 Rampage 2.4 Turbo 10.14@138.02

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Very cool Warren, can't wait to see you run at a real track, lol.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

So tell us Warren... Do you wake up in the morning and piss excellence?

Seriously though, you truly seem to have the knowledge and ability to "do it right".

I am curious where you were able to learn what you know, there aren't many (if any) places you can learn this kind of specialized knowledge. I was lucky enough to go through the Chaffey College Racecar Technology Program, but it is now defunct for various (and sometimes stupid) reasons...

Anyway,

Mike

PS With the chamber shape you choose, I curious how it effected the amount of timing you run, I'd guess less than normal, but that's just a SWAG...
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Project note.........Now that I have about 30 full passes plus a lot more testing at the local airport, I'm calling my newest Cyl. head, big cam, and solid lash adjuster setup a complete success.(knocks on wood)
    Curiosity got the best of me and I just HAD to pull the head and tear it down for a good parts inspection, and I'm happy to say every part looks golden.
    The stock type roller followers have performed perfectly up to 7500 rpm, and I see no reason they would not rev. to 8000.
    The springs, lash caps,valves, and cam look perfect, and best of all, when I set the lash it stays where I set it, and does not change. That is the best indicator that everything is happy.

I'm not sold on the Phuzion head gasket system though, and I will be reassembling it with the regular Cometic. Should have it race ready this weekend.
    Need to get a proper turbo for this thing, but I havent seen one fall out of the sky yet, still watchin though.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post

PS With the chamber shape you choose, I curious how it effected the amount of timing you run, I'd guess less than normal, but that's just a SWAG...
    Total timing @ max load is 23 degrees.
    best 1/8 ET-6.16 sec. best 1/8 speed-119.70 Best 1/4 MPH 145.5, Best 1/4 ET 9.65 sec. 8 valve NO NITROUS!!

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Good to hear everything is doing well!

Can you have it race ready and back to the Grove this weekend is Mopar Festival, both days! Also, Mopar Nats is the 2nd weekedn in August at National Trail...

What would you consider a "proper" turbo?

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Total timing @ max load is 23 degrees.
    What boost is that at? And what fuel?

I'm only about 12°

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

That's great to hear Warren. Please keep us updated. I love reading about your car.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post

What would you consider a "proper" turbo?
    One that flows well enough to Not be The restriction in the system!

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

I'm not sold on the Phuzion head gasket system though, and I will be reassembling it with the regular Cometic.
    What didn't you like about it?

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post

What didn't you like about it?
    I wan't to know too? I know Indy cars use them, seem pretty trick to me.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    I wan't to know too? I know Indy cars use them, seem pretty trick to me.
    Before I pulled the head I ran a compression test, all cyls. were 150 lbs cranking compression. I then did a leak down test and checked for air in the coolant, No air bubles at 100 psi., so I increased the pressure to 160psi,then I got air leakage from all cyls into the cooling system at that pressure. I then did the same test after bring the engine to operating temps. still got air into the cooling system, and also from cyl #2 to cyl.#1 (crosstalk).In short that system just does not seal as well as the regular multi-stack Cometic.
    If it cant hold 160psi of compressed air, I dont see how it can hold combustion pressure. It didnt seem to effect engine performance, or maybe it did?

Before I pulled the head I ran a compression test, all cyls. were 150 lbs cranking compression. I then did a leak down test and checked for air in the coolant, No air bubles at 100 psi., so I increased the pressure to 160psi,then I got air leakage from all cyls into the cooling system at that pressure. I then did the same test after bring the engine to operating temps. still got air into the cooling system, and also from cyl #2 to cyl.#1 (crosstalk).In short that system just does not seal as well as the regular multi-stack Cometic.
    If it cant hold 160psi of compressed air, I dont see how it can hold combustion pressure. It didnt seem to effect engine performance, or maybe it did?
    Not to sound like a creep, but what do you wear while you're working on this car? Your posts have always made me envision a lab coat or similar. Meeting you in real life, you matched what I though you would look like pretty much, but there was no lab coat and not as many scientific terms bandied about as I had anticipated.

Either way, keep up the awesome posts. I really enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Not to sound like a creep, but what do you wear while you're working on this car? Your posts have always made me envision a lab coat or similar. Meeting you in real life, you matched what I though you would look like pretty much, but there was no lab coat and not as many scientific terms bandied about as I had anticipated.

Either way, keep up the awesome posts. I really enjoy them.
    HaHa, that made me laugh. You sound dissapointed. Working attire today is stocking feet,T shirt and shorts. (I dont own a lab coat) As far as talking in scientific terms, naw just not me in person. I'm just an old farm boy.

turbo addict

Interesting, maybe not enough torque on the bolts to compress the Garlock Helicoflex gas filled O-ring? or maybe they work better on a head that uses 6 bolts a cylinder not 4 like ours. Nice to see that you gave it a chance and tested it out though.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Well, you had a laugh, and I now know that my problem isn't the lack of a lab coat.