Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1089

Thread: Race GLHS

Hybrid booster

Re: Race GLHS

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    I don't know if this would help, because the fan itself would still be plastic.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/af...xce6_M7LvD_BwE
    I will be looking for something of that sort. The thickness is my ennemi. Not much room to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    Along with removing the vent block off, consider enhancing the size of the factory rubber scoop on the k frame. Many of them break or are left off over time.

Chris-TU
    Mine isn't on and I always wanted to get it on, but for some reason I was never able to make it fit back. The planes are for some major ducting to get the air back there.
    Going to sit down and think this over. And get it solved.

BTW I installed an extension to my air dam from a jetta and that helped the stability at high speed.

Hybrid booster

I've seen OEs use small fans under the car to cool components in tight places.

turbo addict

This heat thread is reminding me of Nic Kuehn's CSX. While roadcourse racing he was getting a burning plastic smell. After his session was over he found the plastic elbow from the HVAC evaporator vent had melted like 3" on the other side of the firewall. Since Nic wanted to retain his AC (what weekend warrior wouldn't) I replaced the HVAC box and ended up running his evap drain on the inboard side of the firewall and draintube to exit near where the old LM used to reside. The silly things that turn up when vehicles are out of their normal operating norm.
    Mike and Spiro, congrats on making people scratch their heads in confusion. I can just hear them, WTF, those crazy wabbits...
    Todd

How fast were you going on this track? If you that much heat under the hood, my guess is that you're not getting adequate flow in or more likely, out of the engine bay.

turbo addict

Race GLHS

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Or find another hood for track duty
    If this was my dedicated track car than absolutely.

But in all honesty I have other track options that involve power to the rear wheels and letters like GTP and M3 are in their name plates.

Now I know what how thinking. shelby DNA is in the Omni and while I agree with that it's still a front wheel drive.

Ever try to get a FWD turbo Mopar to break loose on the skid pad with R compound tires?

Good luck with that.

Time for some oversteer baby!

And no I will not trade the glhs for your 1990 miata with a roll bar. It's staying with me till death do we part

turbo addict

Race GLHS

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    How fast were you going on this track? If you that much heat under the hood, my guess is that you're not getting adequate flow in or more likely, out of the engine bay.
    Pretty fast track actually. I will have to look at total track miles and my time of 2:07 but compared to summit point this track is faster.

While it's not VIR where you barely use your brakes it's not a slow track either.

They called it a medium to fast track in the drivers meeting.

Both Spiro and I reached 118 ish down the back straight which is uphill btw

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 4 l-bodies View Post
    Mike and Spiro, congrats on making people scratch their heads, I can just hear them, WTF, those crazy wabbits...
    Todd
    Thanks Todd.

I was supposed to take the Consulier GTP so they wrote it down as such.

When I went into get my pics I see the words VW rabbit beside my name.

I ask what is this it's not a rabbit.

He said I know it's not a Consulier but I didn't know what it was and it looked like a rabbit.

I said its a Shelby GLHS now show me the picture where Godzilla and his pilot couldn't pass me

Hybrid booster

And at that speed my butt hole was squeezed shut for the braking zone with my 10" disc!!!!! Ya baby

turbo addict

Re: GLHS-T (track)

You chicken footed it the way around testing your brake pressure before applying the big push. You chicken braker !

Hybrid booster

just making sure there was something left. Didn't want to get the suprise of no brakes left and going off track and getting another black flag.
    Wait till the upgrade comes and we run in the same groupe. Then there will be some angry boxes tracking!!!!

turbo addict

Angry boxes is right.

Who am I to talk about chicken braking? I did it in turn 1 almost every time and at turn 2 75% of the time.

That section of the track will grab your attention for sure.

If I recall I remember not seeing your brake lights at turn 1 almost every time . Nice going buddy

boostaholic

Richard Petty said if you don't go into a corner thinking you are going to die, you're not going fast enough.

Hybrid booster

you're my hero!

my goal is to track my Horizon with the local NASA group. just gotta figure out what i want to do for suspension....

turbo addict

Race GLHS

Went to have car multi stage paint corrected because of all the swirls and scratches.

Detailer calls me and said my clear coat is the softest he's ever seen and that explains the swirls and scratches.

He can't even use the lightest cutting pad as it will scratch. So now he has to do car with polishing pad.

So now I will have a paint job that's 80% corrected instead of 95% corrected and when I wash it it will get scratches again.

So put a paint protection chemical like Modesta on it right? Wrong! Can't even use it because it's too abrasive!

So f me - now I have spent $1200 for a 80% multi stage correction and I can't event keep the scratches off.

So what's the solution?

1)Clear bra the entire car with suntek!

2) Add Modesta 01 and 05.

3) write a check for 2 times my mortgage payment

I always wondered why I couldn't keep scratches and swirls off this car.

Will be as good as it can get now and have a little added protection on the track with the clear bra.

The detail shop is legit. Speedfreakdetailing.com

boostaholic

so what happened with the paint? sounds like the painter made a mistake.

turbo addict

^^ Not calling him to discuss but I can assure you it was nothing i did.

This really sucks but hopefully the suntek will last a very long time.

boostaholic

could you just reclear the car? Might be tough to do over a soft base but dang that would drive me to drink and it's a short trip for me

turbo addict

Race GLHS

Would have to strip all clear and repaint car totally. Not a project I want right now.

Once they get the car as clean of marks as humanly possible and the car is clear bra'd and then treated I will be a happy man.

I bought a foam cannon and a pressure washer. Looking forward to putting that to use when I get it back.

Anyone ever seen the foam cannon In use? Looks line fun.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Dip it, go for a mat black look while protecting the real paint for a while.

turbo addict

Me personally i feel like I can mod the car however I want but the only thing I can't change is the black color. Has to be gloss black. Thought about wrapping it but that would have costs more. Would never dip anything. Doesn't last long enough.