Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1089

Thread: Race GLHS

turbo addict

Re: GLHS-T (track)

First but of drama was this.

Red flag due to car on fire...(Spiro's brothers but that's for another story).

So turn my car off as per instructors instructions.....start it back up and I have 10 lbs of vacuum.

Shut it down for the session and make an emergency Saturday call to Brian which is triple his normal phone call emergencies from me.

He said check the map sensor lines and sure enough this one melted on the intake.

turbo addict

Re: GLHS-T (track)

So day 2 brought big promise. Day 1 session 4 ended with me ripping it up and holding off Godzilla for about 5 laps. (Pics of that to come).

So after my first session at 20 psi I decided to turn up the boost for session 2 and really f with people now.

We were finishing our lapping session and BAM!

I asked Scott my instructor what the hell was that? He said probably a rock or something.....

Well we now know it was my banjo fitting dropping loose and bounding its way under my car rattling all the way to oblivion.

Never got my boost right after that and pedaled my way around the track for the last 2 sessions

boostaholic

Re: Race GLHS

What turbo did you end my putting on this car?

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
    What turbo did you end my putting on this car?
    Both Spiro and i have the Garrett gt3076 R.

So much better on the track than the super 60

Hybrid booster

That thing just keeps on pulling past redline. Much easier to modulate the throttle coming out of corners. Just need to ask Johnny if he has high temp bobble strut bushings?!!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Roadracing rules Can you believe some of our friends on this forum actually build and set up their cars to only go strait Not only that but they do it for only a thousand feet or so. Crazyness

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Sorry you won't be there this year Spiro. It was really great to meet you at an SDAC past.

Mike, that sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to see some pics of you holding off the big boys. That's exactly what I would love to do with one of my cars some day.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by spiro440 View Post
    Just need to ask Johnny if he has high temp bobble strut bushings?!!
    Are they falling off?

I've found between building my solid bobble strut setup ($10 in parts) and telling my friends what they need that if the poly sits on the threads that the poly get's cut up and they fall off. The poly wants to sit on a smooth shaft. So if the bushings are falling out they might be getting cut up by the threads. If they're plain melting well that's a different story.

turbo addict

I had one disintegrate, but Johnny helped me out. I do have to run a flat bushing on top because the threads aren't long enough to use both end link bushings. No biggie...it works just fine!

What were the black flags for?

What brake pads are you guys running? It looks like EBC rotors. I think the brake size is ok for that light of a car, it just needs better calipers and run some brake cooling ducts.

I'm sure it says in the thread, but how much power is this thing putting down?

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    Are they falling off?

I've found between building my solid bobble strut setup ($10 in parts) and telling my friends what they need that if the poly sits on the threads that the poly get's cut up and they fall off. The poly wants to sit on a smooth shaft. So if the bushings are falling out they might be getting cut up by the threads. If they're plain melting well that's a different story.
    The bobble strut holds up fine. It's that it's close to the turbocharger and the heat started melting it.

Quote Originally Posted by spiro440 View Post
    The bobble strut holds up fine. It's that it's close to the turbocharger and the heat started melting it.
    Given the extreme conditions, you might want to consider building a heat shield regardless of what material you use for bushings.

Hybrid booster

It was a very hot weekend. Even F1 cars had trouble with brakes all weekend long so...

I wish I had the time to show up but had other things that came during that weekend. I really wish I had the time to pass by and say hello.

Tremblant would be considered a fast track around here and you need good brakes. With the speed they are able to carry, I just can imagine!

Spiro black flagged?
    Oh c'mon!
    That's what happen when you use parts from a Vdub...
    I hope this time, that rad was MORE then enough?

More pics Mike!

turbo addict

Here is Godzilla I held off for about 4 laps.

It was jut the two of us with open track for the entire last 10 minutes of session 4 on the final day.

I laid own a best time of 2 min 7.4 seconds.

I'm pretty sure I could have bested that time on day 2 but after the first session we were chasing boost issues and never got them straight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Omni and Godzilla.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	466.4 KB 
ID:	50470   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Omni at mont.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	467.1 KB 
ID:	50471  
    Last edited by 168glhs1986; 06-10-2014 at 02:33 PM.

turbo addict

Freakin badass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Given the extreme conditions, you might want to consider building a heat shield regardless of what material you use for bushings.
    That's a good idea. Any solutions for melted cooling fans shrouds? Maybe just get a metal one but not sure if they make that particular fan in metal.

Point is you cant heat shield everything.

It was about 85 degrees outside but most racing is done in those temps anyway.....Just that tiny Omni compartment bay with no where to go. Not a big fan of hood mods either.

Hopefully the Consulier wont have this problem.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

I don't know if this would help, because the fan itself would still be plastic.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/af...xce6_M7LvD_BwE
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    That's a good idea. Any solutions for melted cooling fans shrouds? Maybe just get a metal one but not sure if they make that particular fan in metal.

Point is you cant heat shield everything.

It was about 85 degrees outside but most racing is done in those temps anyway.....Just that tiny Omni compartment bay with no where to go. Not a big fan of hood mods either.

Hopefully the Consulier wont have this problem.
    Do you still have the block off plate under the hood vent? Think removing it would help?

turbo addict

Race GLHS

Quote Originally Posted by Tbird232ci View Post
    Do you still have the block off plate under the hood vent? Think removing it would help?
    Removed a long time ago but thanks for thinking about that.

Maybe I will cut up my hood and fenders like this guy

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Or find another hood for track duty
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Along with removing the vent block off, consider enhancing the size of the factory rubber scoop on the k frame. Many of them break or are left off over time.

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----