Thread: Turbonator T3

Re: Turbonator T3

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    AFR's?
    When it does, it's dead lean.

Anyone using the new template?

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

I've not messed with a flashable sbec, but did you look at the decel fuel cut? A misfire can mess with the afr. I was seeing weird lean afr's when i had an ignition coil going flakey.
    Are you logging with MPScan at the time? The turboflag bit i think has a fuel cut indication.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Update: cut out issue was not cal related. All sorted. Still do have the decel studder as it decelerates from 2000-1800 rpm.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Update: cut out issue was not cal related. All sorted.
    So, what was the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by tryingbe View Post
    So, what was the issue?
    Sorry..should have elaborated. Something with the fuel pump. It periodically would lose it's prime. It took a bit to figure it out since when it was working, it worked just fine. Would maintain pressure under boost, at WOT, AFR's were good, etc. When I eventually figured it out, I noticed that when it cut out, there was voltage at the connector but the pump would either lose it's prime or shut down and then come back up. Swapped in another pump and carrier and the issue disappeared completely.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Well I don't have mine running yet, but I do have a 91 RT here that I built for someone that needs tuning. Has a fully ported head, Stage 1 Lonewolf cams, 3-bar and +40s, and a S70 turbo and 3" turbo-back. The 3-bar/+40 starter cal that Shelgame made is better for it than the Stage 4 FWD cal that the owner bought for it, but it's still lean almost everywhere. So, I'm starting to play with the fueling tables. Read through most of this thread since I haven't done a T3 yet, starting with the PT lo map tables first to get it driving around good. Timing seems conservative enough for now, even with an accidental dose of 87 oct I heard no knock in boost. So, I'll work on getting the AFR were it wants them, then play with the timing if needed.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

boostaholic

I brought this up in another thread. Can I please get some help with the selectable boost and the staging limiter. I have 92 IROC R/T and I am in need of two stages of boost, car blows the tires off in 1-3 gears. I would really like to make the ecu controlled boost work. I am starting to get a handle on the waste gate duty cycle tuning now.

boostaholic

Would it be possible to add the WB2NB feature to the T3 turbonator? I am going to be adding the MPSciLink next year and I would like to not use up one of the analog outputs for the WB02 if I dont have to, I already have 4 things I would like to log. I know there are others that would like to be able to log the WB02 thru the stock ECU without adding more hardware.

turbo addict

Is this still the best place to start for a custom cal? I didn't see any TIII stuff in the Boost Button Staged cals thread.

turbo addict

I used the stock cal that's in the calibration thread and scaled it for 3bar & +40s. It worked just fine for a baseline. If anything it felt snappier at part throttle out of boost compared to the 2004 vintage FWDP cals i was running. I didn't do much with it other than to confirm it worked a few years back.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031