Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbonator T3

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Re: Turbonator T3

OK, I have successfully built a stock binary from my source code - let the frankensteining begin...

My plan is to first add in the Turbonator features, copied over directly from T-SBEC. The first round of testing will be stock injector, 2-bar cals only since MP Tuner is not quite ready to scale the 3D tables. The Turbonator features should be OK (Anti-lag, Staging limiter, CE Flash, etc.) though...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

Kool, Ill get that latch adapter ordered when I have the money.

Any bad stuff that can happen trying to desolder that other latch adapter? If not then Ill just pick up a desolder iron and nab that one.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    OK, I have successfully built a stock binary from my source code - let the frankensteining begin...

My plan is to first add in the Turbonator features, copied over directly from T-SBEC. The first round of testing will be stock injector, 2-bar cals only since MP Tuner is not quite ready to scale the 3D tables. The Turbonator features should be OK (Anti-lag, Staging limiter, CE Flash, etc.) though...
    Excellent! Can't wait to see how this pans out.

boostaholic

Awesome, I would be willing to test the 92' T3 once its ready I have my IROC R/T just about back together but I dont have the stock cal parts, car came with 3 bar map, +40 injectors, 50 trim, FMIC and all the goodies. Now including a 255 walbro and Innovate Wideband O2 with data logging. Really want to get this car on corn in the near future too!

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    Kool, Ill get that latch adapter ordered when I have the money.

Any bad stuff that can happen trying to desolder that other latch adapter? If not then Ill just pick up a desolder iron and nab that one.
    If you get the latch board too hot I suppose the solder could leach out of the header or socket joints...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

If you get the latch board too hot I suppose the solder could leach out of the header or socket joints...
    alright, I think I can manage to get it as long as I have a proper desoldering iron. I desodered a chip on a LM once and that was a major pita with just a little sucker bulb and some braid.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Awesome Rob,

Too bad the R/T I have here is a 92, I'd love to have an excuse to drive it around for a few weeks/months,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    alright, I think I can manage to get it as long as I have a proper desoldering iron. I desodered a chip on a LM once and that was a major pita with just a little sucker bulb and some braid.
    I always just cut the pins of the chip with my dremel, then pull the pins individually. The chips aren't worth the effort to save if you ask me. Unless it's a cal I don't already have; but I can get the cal off a SMEC and SBEC without opening up the computer.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

I always just cut the pins of the chip with my dremel, then pull the pins individually. The chips aren't worth the effort to save if you ask me. Unless it's a cal I don't already have; but I can get the cal off a SMEC and SBEC without opening up the computer.
    It was a FWD stage 5 but then I learned that its a really old one and was known for killing engines.

turbo addict

I picked at the hot glue for about 30 sec and gave up. Not worth the 30 bucks for a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Awesome Rob,

Too bad the R/T I have here is a 92, I'd love to have an excuse to drive it around for a few weeks/months,
    '92 T3 won't be too far behind...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Garrett booster

'92 T3 won't be too far behind...
    Wheee.....!

OK, here she is - a relocatable source code for the T3. This has the basic Turbonator Features added (CE Flash, Switchable boost, Staging Limiter, Shift light and Anti-Lag). It compiles without any errors, and as far as I could tell there were no code overlaps or similar type of issues.

Notes:
    1) I have NOT run this on my own T3 yet, but I hope to later this week. It has not been tested at all. Though, before the Turbonator mods were added, this did compile back to 100% stock code. So, I have confidence the code is bug-free.
    2) The features are the exact same code as Turbonator SBEC (which is pretty much proven OK), so there should be no issues there.
    3) This will compile with MP Tuner - HOWEVER!!!! MP Tuner will NOT correctly scale this template for MAP or Injectors. Don't even try it. It will have no effect on the 3D fueling surfaces and bad things will happen to your engine if you try to run your car on a scaled version of this template. You've been warned. We will have to wait for MP Tuner 2 to be ready for prime time to get proper scaling of the 3D tables. But, I wanted to get the testing started on this so that when MPT2 is ready, it should be relatively easy to update it.

So, feel free to try this as a modified stock cal (2-bar MAP, 33pph injectors) with the Turbonator features turned on. Let me know what works or doesn't and we'll get it all fixed up.

Oh, and the version # is currently 1.0 eventhough the template says .v07. When we get MPT2, I'll fix that also. Morris used .v01 as a debug template code for MPT1, so I couldn't use it.

Attachment removed, added update in later post. Go here for the latest files...
    Last edited by ShelGame; 04-26-2011 at 11:30 AM.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Damn, wish I had a working 91 R/T.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

Thanks Rob!

FWIW, I have the '92 T3 code 99.9% disassembled right now. I need to figure out 4 tables that are actually different code from the '91. Transient fuelling, of course. I still don't understand why Chrysler changed the transient fuel code every single year...

After those 4 tables, I need to convert the dis-assy to a template format, and test that it re-compiles. Then it will get posted too. Figure maybe 3-4 weeks...

I love slow weeks at the office, can really get a lot of work done
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Garrett booster

I still don't understand why Chrysler changed the transient fuel code every single year...
    That's one way to keep programmers busy or programmers try to keep their job with new features. New code, new features (to save fuel.. etc). well what do I know.. I don't program for living..

My gut feeling is they had some emissions issues in that area and had to change it to meet the law. I can't see any other reason to change that particular section of code so often...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

OK, how about starting some discussion about how to scale the T3 (actually, all of the 3D cals) for 3-bar MAP. Actually, scaling the 3D cals for 3-bar is easy. I could make a couple of changes to the source code posted above and it would run on a 3-bar MAP. The problem is, the fuel and spark tables would still have the same range as the stock 2-bar cals. But, it should run just like stock on a 3-bar MAP.

So, I guess the real question is, how to setup the 3D tables for a 3-bar MAP. My original idea was to expand the 3D tables range so that the resolution in the 2-bar range was affected the least. However, this will add a TON of data to the template. Possibly forcing me to move code around to make space. The extra needed space would double for a 4-bar MAP wit that philosophy. On the other hand, if you are going to run a 3-bar MAP, you're not likely to run only 10psi of boost, right? So, now I'm thinking we can leave the 3D tables at their current size and concentrate on the low and high ends of the scale. Unfortunately, that means more tuning for the user. Unless I can figure out a way to automate the process and wowzer can code it into MP Tuner 2. I'm going to send him a note as well and see what he thinks about this stuff...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

since passing crazy EPA certification tests are the least of our worries, id want to linearize the range and, at the same time, recalculate the values, so they are still the equivalent of stock.

you know what i mean? make those scaling factors a straight line and recalc the values so that the injector pulsewidth still is pretty much the same as far as the engine is concerned.

as far as more points... we are still at a 0-5v range so we are going to lose some resolution. i see some need for added resolution with higher map ranges but i dont think it will be that critical to double or triple the table size.

im afraid that adding all kinds of data will slow down the computer. so when its pecking its way up the map values it will have to go twice as far till it can grab a fuel pulsewidth. i dont know exactly how it determines what bin to be in, but it will have to do some more calculating if the range is greater.

RPM.... when looking at the RPM range values in the test t3 cal, only see values that go up to 6136. i know our motors arent the revviest things in the world, but shouldnt we at least allow a 7k rev range for those pushing the envelope with porting, cams, intakes etc.

brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast