Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Turbonator T3

boostaholic

Re: Turbonator T3

Tried compiling my buddies sprit rt with the updated asm, it failed and here is the error file.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

short term fix -

in the new asm:

1) search for the text "#PRTBLO_FuelPartThrottleFromLoMap" and change to "#PRTTBL_FuelPartThrottleFromLoMap"
    2) search for the text "#PRTBHI_FuelPartThrottleFromHiMAP" and change to "#PRTTBH_FuelPartThrottleFromHiMAP"

rob L may have a different long term fix that he wants to do but this should work.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

boostaholic

Rob,
    Any idea why I havenot been able to get the Staging Limiter or Switchable boost to work? I would really like to get this figured out before the car gets put away for winter.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    Rob,
    Any idea why I havenot been able to get the Staging Limiter or Switchable boost to work? I would really like to get this figured out before the car gets put away for winter.
    No idea. I need an SBECII to test with so I can see what's going on.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

boostaholic

Can you confirm the changes Morris stated above to get the updated .asm to work with the SBEC. If that is the case, I will update those files and try them on my friend's SBEC TIII.

Can you confirm the changes Morris stated above to get the updated .asm to work with the SBEC. If that is the case, I will update those files and try them on my friend's SBEC TIII.
    Yeah, that's correct...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

boostaholic

Any chance I can get some support this spring to get the switchable boost and staging limiter to work?
    I have access to my car which is a 92 IROC R/T TIII SBECII
    And my buddies car which is a 91 Spirit R/T TIII SBEC.

I hope to get these last bugs worked out and fully functional so I can show off the complete power of tuning the stock ECU and not going stand-alone on a TIII.

Any chance I can get some support this spring to get the switchable boost and staging limiter to work?
    I have access to my car which is a 92 IROC R/T TIII SBECII
    And my buddies car which is a 91 Spirit R/T TIII SBEC.

I hope to get these last bugs worked out and fully functional so I can show off the complete power of tuning the stock ECU and not going stand-alone on a TIII.
    Absolutely! Do you have datalogging setup and working? We'll need to get some detailed data; see what's going on in the code.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

boostaholic

Yeah, I have everything set up and working. I have plenty of logs from last season I could send. Please let me know what you need?

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

I just acquired a 2.5 TIII that I'll be using in one of my cars, and was looking at these T3 cals for the first time. Fueling tables look totally different from the 8v cals Planning on sending the SBEC to you for a flash module, and will be running 3-bar. Any ideas one how to change fueling for the 2.5?
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    I just acquired a 2.5 TIII that I'll be using in one of my cars, and was looking at these T3 cals for the first time. Fueling tables look totally different from the 8v cals Planning on sending the SBEC to you for a flash module, and will be running 3-bar. Any ideas one how to change fueling for the 2.5?
    Uhh, it's not easy to explain. I do it in Excel. I built a sheet to back-calculate the pumping efficiency (which is built-in to the TIII fuel table) in 2D, and the A/F for each data point. Then, you can update the PumpEff assuming a 2.5. But, that's not completely correct as in reality the PumpEff does change with different MAP and RPM levels, slightly. It's kind of a crap shoot.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

I noticed the Pumping Eff table shows 100% across the board in the T3 cal. Is that how they are, or is that a mislabel? Looks like it has 2 PumpEff tables also.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    I noticed the Pumping Eff table shows 100% across the board in the T3 cal. Is that how they are, or is that a mislabel? Looks like it has 2 PumpEff tables also.
    Its not used. They bundled the AFR and PumpEff together in the 3D table.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

...if you know what I mean... Turbo Mopar Contributor csxtra's Avatar

I'm jumping into the world of T-3 SBECs by helping someone putting a T-3 into an L body (91 SBEC), he's getting the car together and just ordered the latch board for use with an Ostrich.

I read through the entire thread to get the history of this codebase, downloaded the latest version of Turbonator T3 from the first page in the thread, and updated MPTune to 2.0.4.2.

I have a couple of questions:
    1. He wants to run a 3 bar MAP sensor and 72 pph injectors, I am assuming I start with the T-T3_22_T3_MTX_A393_3-bar template and scale it for the 72s as a good baseline?
    2. Any existing known issues with this codebase?
    3. Lastly, any gotchas/advice for fueling and/or spark curves (aside from climbing the learning curve on how the 3d tables work)?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Warren
    Warren Hall
    "My Name is Warren and my car is an alcoholic..."
    OVC - SDAC "Our Sh*t Rolls!"
    Cincinnati, OH
    87 CSX # 741
    317WHP - 380 WFt-Lbs (STD-5)
    12.460 @ 113.2 - Race Gas + Methanol Injection
    12.749 @ 109.84 - 91 octane + Methanol Injection (Still tuning...)
    "Illegitimi non carborundum."
    -General Joseph Stillwell
    TD Runlogger Page Has Moved...

Quote Originally Posted by csxtra View Post
    I'm jumping into the world of T-3 SBECs by helping someone putting a T-3 into an L body (91 SBEC), he's getting the car together and just ordered the latch board for use with an Ostrich.

I read through the entire thread to get the history of this codebase, downloaded the latest version of Turbonator T3 from the first page in the thread, and updated MPTune to 2.0.4.2.

I have a couple of questions:
    1. He wants to run a 3 bar MAP sensor and 72 pph injectors, I am assuming I start with the T-T3_22_T3_MTX_A393_3-bar template and scale it for the 72s as a good baseline?
    2. Any existing known issues with this codebase?
    3. Lastly, any gotchas/advice for fueling and/or spark curves (aside from climbing the learning curve on how the 3d tables work)?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Warren
    I would start with the 3-bar cal and re-scale for 72's. Injector scaling is straight forward, but MAP scaling for the 3D tables isn't.

There are no issues with the code, outside of the difficulty in tuning it. Not that it' so difficult, really, there's just a lot more data points to tune.

Having you work on these cals, Warren, can only be good for everyone
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post

I agree.... Warren is the only person that I know that asked a cal tuning question and had a notebook and a pen in hand to take notes...... before i asked.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

I would start with the 3-bar cal and re-scale for 72's. Injector scaling is straight forward, but MAP scaling for the 3D tables isn't.

There are no issues with the code, outside of the difficulty in tuning it. Not that it' so difficult, really, there's just a lot more data points to tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    I agree.... Warren is the only person that I know that asked a cal tuning question and had a notebook and a pen in hand to take notes...... before i asked.

Brian
    Aww, shucks

I will say in return that I am appreciative of both of you also! You have been VERY helpful over the years with the LM cals I have worked on (and continue to work on). Without help from both of you, there is no way that I would have been able to put together a cal that would enable Reeves to make well over 500 whp running a LM, he would probably have been on a standalone years ago.

Thanks for the pointers, I started with the three-bar, 52 template in the zip file, scaled it for 72s, turned on the Flash CE for knock, enabled the staging rev limiter (no switches checked which I assume defaults to being MPH enabled like it does in the LM), set the staging limiter RPM values to 6000 and 6200, and the MPH to 5, and it compiled successfully.

Should I check the "Suppress EMR" option to prevent any possibility of EMR write failures causing stumbling or stalling every 8.1 miles or so, or was that a one-off problem or only an issue with an earlier version?

Once he gets the car on the road, the real fun tuning can begin, but for now a baseline cal that will start and drive while he works out the rest of the kinks with the car should meet the need. Once we get to SDAC, the real tweaking will begin (no not drunken cals with rev testing on a trailer Brian )

In the meantime, I'll peruse the code and try to understand how the 3d tables work internally so I can correctly tweak things when the time comes. I'm sure I'll have some noob questions, so brace yourselves.
    Warren Hall
    Cincinnati, OH
    87 CSX # 741

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Aww, shucks

I will say in return that I am appreciative of both of you also! You have been VERY helpful over the years with the LM cals I have worked on (and continue to work on). Without help from both of you, there is no way that I would have been able to put together a cal that would enable Reeves to make well over 500 whp running a LM, he would probably have been on a standalone years ago.
    no prob. glad to share what i know especially if it helps make power.

Once we get to SDAC, the real tweaking will begin (no not drunken cals with rev testing on a trailer Brian )
    lol. the more drinks, the slower the process. im still accurate. just really slow. lol.

ive made quite a few cals after some drinks. some got folks home in one piece rather than with a holed piston. some trapped 115+. others were failures because the intercooler piping was full of acorns and the timing was way off or the injector drivers were failing.

i did have one poo poo cal though. serves me right for trying to copy a table from here and a table from there rather than starting from scratch. the gut feel sometimes is better.

ill probably be dialing in my car at sdac this year.... either that or making cals after a few drinks if i have to bring my neon because my k car isnt done lol.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

The 'Suppress EMR' issue only occurs with the flash module. If you're running a regular chip, its not necessary. Of course, it's not a feature most people with a custom cal will care about, so feel free to turn it of at will.

Just FYI, the staging limiter in the TIII only work with fuel cut. So, it's like the stock rev limiter, only with 2 settings.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

no prob. glad to share what i know especially if it helps make power.
    Agreed!

And I wasn't cracking on your "drunken cals" I just remember how entertaining that evening was...now the picture of you passed out in the chair in the parking lot in Detroit was funny (only because somehow I was able to make it safely up to the room and escape the same fate )

ill probably be dialing in my car at sdac this year.... either that or making cals after a few drinks if i have to bring my neon because my k car isnt done lol.

Brian
    I hope it is the former, good luck getting the K car done, and really looking forward to seeing you again (not gazing on you, I'll leave that to slasky or elasky or Edward or whatever he is calling himself now...unless he wimps out because he is going to Sturgis instead).

The 'Suppress EMR' issue only occurs with the flash module. If you're running a regular chip, its not necessary. Of course, it's not a feature most people with a custom cal will care about, so feel free to turn it of at will.

Just FYI, the staging limiter in the TIII only work with fuel cut. So, it's like the stock rev limiter, only with 2 settings.
    Thanks for the clarifications Rob! I'll leave the Suppress EMR alone then, and won't mess with any of the spark cut stuff, for now the fuel cut 2-step will probably meet his needs.
    Warren Hall
    Cincinnati, OH
    87 CSX # 741