Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbonator T3

Garrett booster

Re: Turbonator T3

You have email. Forgot to add that md5sums

$ md5sum ForRob_eski_20130520.bin (this is what I did read from ECU)
    88254659009c9f1e9df25a1db83ab13e ForRob_eski_20130520.bin
    $ md5sum T-T3_T3ii_eski_v18.bin (this is what is v18 available in this thread and which I did read from ECU)
    d70ab4d9d3ccdbc299178d8d4843df58 T-T3_T3ii_eski_v18.bin

boostaholic

Rob,
    Have you had a chance to update the Turbonator T3 to fix the issues I brought to your attention not too long ago. I wont be tuning till April, but I would like it if the software was fixed before I order the flash able chip and SCI cable from you.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    Rob,
    Have you had a chance to update the Turbonator T3 to fix the issues I brought to your attention not too long ago. I wont be tuning till April, but I would like it if the software was fixed before I order the flash able chip and SCI cable from you.
    Not yet.

But, I believe that MP Tune fixed them for you automatically. If you resave the file, they shouldn't come up anymore...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

boostaholic

Looks to be fixed, Here is the only error I get now.
    Warning->Byte value is greater than 255 at location 7624, byte 0x11b. Defaulted value to 255.

Thanks

Looks to be fixed, Here is the only error I get now.
    Warning->Byte value is greater than 255 at location 7624, byte 0x11b. Defaulted value to 255.

Thanks
    That doesn't sound right. Can you post or send me your files?
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

boostaholic

What specific files do you want?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

i'ld like to see it also. i want the .tpl file you are trying to open. what did you all do prior to getting this error. e.g. i assume you loaded the .tpl file, saved it as rob mentioned above and then reopened it? or did you make additional changes along the line?
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

boostaholic

Guys,
    Tonight when I got home. I went and downloaded a fresh copy of the Turbonator T3 file set. I opened the file in MPTune, I got the error from before. Then I saved the file, closed the program and then re-opened it. No errors now and everything looks perfect! Can't wait for it to warm up so I can start tuning.

Garrett booster

Any new versions for TIII? Is any one else having a bit knock with full throttle after 5k rpm and 15ish psi boost? AFR is good. Maybe bit too much timing??

I've had problems when car is running hot and engine is idling alternator voltage drops to 10 volts. Sometimes this happens when I am driving in city and lot of stops in traffic lights.

boostaholic

I have the same issues you show with your tune. I have a SBECII on a mostly stock long block. I think the timing is too advanced right now. Hoping to getting a better tune out later this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by eski View Post
    Any new versions for TIII? Is any one else having a bit knock with full throttle after 5k rpm and 15ish psi boost? AFR is good. Maybe bit too much timing??

I've had problems when car is running hot and engine is idling alternator voltage drops to 10 volts. Sometimes this happens when I am driving in city and lot of stops in traffic lights.
    Is it real knock? Or is it just the light going off? Do you hear knock?

I'll check into the alternator issue.

I can't remember, is the cruise control working?
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

boostaholic

I am confident on my car it is phantom knock. I do not hear knock and I have heard knock from this car in the past, not a good sounds at all.

I am going to swap back in my BB chip tonight and resume tuning. Rob, I have a pile of logs that I would like to send you and then we can get started on making a good T3 tune for the masses. I have lots and lots of data to look over.

Once done swapping chips, Ill go retest the cruise control. I have ti working with a different chip so all the other variables are removed now!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Turbo Joe's Avatar

i've hit 22psi (sbec1) on the turbonator T3 cal set up for 3 bar. all i had to do to it so far is tweak the startup fuel tables a little and raise the overboost control. Although i found the radiator fan scheduals to be a little hot, i slightly lowered them around 10* across the boards. Now that my cams are centerlined I'm gonna try to log a cruise tonite and hope nothing else comes up..
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

boostaholic

Swapped back in the BB chip.
    Cruise control is fully functional now.
    Staging limiter still doesn't work.
    Need to tweak my fuel tables now and then learn Spark Control Next and ignition timing.

- - - Updated - - -

I am confident on my car it is phantom knock. I do not hear knock and I have heard knock from this car in the past, not a good sounds at all.

I am going to swap back in my BB chip tonight and resume tuning. Rob, I have a pile of logs that I would like to send you and then we can get started on making a good T3 tune for the masses. I have lots and lots of data to look over.

Once done swapping chips, Ill go retest the cruise control. I have ti working with a different chip so all the other variables are removed now!
    What injectors are you running, are you getting a check engine light under boost?

DoubleD, I'm guessing you meant to quote my post not your own? lol... unfortunately things came up and i couldn't make it to my car tonite so no new updates besides the issues i still have..
    stage limiter doesn't work... I have the stage limiter set to activate using the cruise control set button, but it just doesn't work ....but i checked with my snap-on scanner to make sure the sbec does read the cruise control switches.
    as far as using the sbec to control boost, i gave up and installed an aftermarket boost controller. Anyhow to answer your question doubled, i have 72lb injectors, and no check engine light either BUT, I haven't tested the knock feature with manually induced knock (tap the head with a mallot ) to create false knock and make sure the knock feature works..
    Turbo Joe
    ----------------------- 87 CSX #175 TIII powered, MegaSquirt3 Pro Ultimate, GTX3076R, Turbo Joe header, Lengel intake, Menegon ported head, the list goes on

boostaholic

What are the other specifics on the build. We have the same injectors. Maybe we can work together and get both cars running well if the builds are similar, although I am running a SBECII.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    Is it real knock? Or is it just the light going off? Do you hear knock?

I'll check into the alternator issue.

I can't remember, is the cruise control working?
    If I remember correctly you did change when CE light comes on when knock is detected. I am not 100% sure there is real knock. When I use higher octane gasoline I can go much higher without CE light. Accelerating really stops when CE light comes on, but if I am right then SBEC changes timing.

Great.

CC is not fully working. It keeps speed if I use resume/acc set the speed. Symptoms are that CC goes on and of fine. If the CC is on but no speed set, sometimes car just starts accelerating. Same happens when I have set speed with set button. Accelerating does not work when pushing acc button. Same goes for resume. Resume/acc button behaves like set/decel button. If CC works with DoubleD with same base cal I think I have some weird electrical issue.

boostaholic

Drove in to work today and used the CC the whole way. Both the resume/acc and set/coast work perfectly. Not a single issue accelerating or decelerating at any point. I have to say the CC functions much smoother on the BB chip than another chip I had installed before.
    Staging limiter is definitely broke thou.

Turbonator T3

DoubleD that would be nice but your running a mostly stock build as mine is fully built. Tuning will be different for us. I'm not seeing rich conditions cause my head flows much better due to the port work and better intake and tubular header.
    Turbo Joe

boostaholic

Gotcha, I have mild porting on all the stock parts. I don't flow nearly as well as you. I did some more looking and found pics of your CSX build. Looks really good, but no where near stock appearing.