Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Turbonator T3

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Re: Turbonator T3

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    Do I have to type in each value individually then?
    Yep, you do.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

boostaholic

Thanks,
    What switch is known to work on a SBEC II to test the staging limiter. It is stated that the code is not broken, but I have yet to make the staging limiter or the switchable boost functional on my car

boostaholic

I am not sure if this is common, but if I am decelerating that car seems to backfire. I know I have a very free flowing exhaust, but on the old staged tune I dont think the car ever backfired. What is causing my car to backfire when I let off the gas in a higher gear when the RPM's are higher. Sounds kinda like an SRT-4 does while slowing down.
    On another note, just filled up my car and I got 21 mpg on my current tune, running at 11 psi on 93. I think there is a little more economy to be found in vacuum. I did some autocross and a car show on that tank, so lots of idling and a few WOT runs. I was also adjusting boost so more WOT runs than usual. Hoping the next tank is even better!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor jonnymopar's Avatar

I am not sure if this is common, but if I am decelerating that car seems to backfire. I know I have a very free flowing exhaust, but on the old staged tune I dont think the car ever backfired. What is causing my car to backfire when I let off the gas in a higher gear when the RPM's are higher. Sounds kinda like an SRT-4 does while slowing down.
    I'm running SMEC electronics, but I get the same thing. On my old Stage 5 cal, every ounce of fuel was pulled on decel most of the time. On the Turbonator, I can't seem to get all of it out, so it backfires a bit. My only concern at first was if there was any effect on fuel mileage, but I can still pull over 30mpg with it when I want. Now I just use it to scare the hell out of people next to me on the highway. Most of the time it's just a burble, but every so often you get a hell of a gunshot sound!
    Jon J.

1989 Daytona ES 2.4L DOHC
    2003 Neon SXT - gone but never forgotten

If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is!

Thanks,
    What switch is known to work on a SBEC II to test the staging limiter. It is stated that the code is not broken, but I have yet to make the staging limiter or the switchable boost functional on my car
    I think the code is OK. But, I did see that the template has the wrong switches labelled. I need to fix that.

- - - Updated - - -

On another note, just filled up my car and I got 21 mpg on my current tune, running at 11 psi on 93. I think there is a little more economy to be found in vacuum. I did some autocross and a car show on that tank, so lots of idling and a few WOT runs. I was also adjusting boost so more WOT runs than usual. Hoping the next tank is even better!
    Manual trans, right? It should go into fuel shutoff on decel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonnymopar View Post
    I'm running SMEC electronics, but I get the same thing. On my old Stage 5 cal, every ounce of fuel was pulled on decel most of the time. On the Turbonator, I can't seem to get all of it out, so it backfires a bit. My only concern at first was if there was any effect on fuel mileage, but I can still pull over 30mpg with it when I want. Now I just use it to scare the hell out of people next to me on the highway. Most of the time it's just a burble, but every so often you get a hell of a gunshot sound!
    Which SMEC cal? It should go into fuel shutoff on decel now, too (I added it from the SBEC).
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Thanks,
    Can you post your cal? I'll fix the switch definitions for you. See if that helps.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

boostaholic

Tried a few different combinations of using different switches to trigger both the staging limiter and switchable boost. Neither switches work, still not functional. Do I need to engage the switch, and floor it? What exactly should I do to activate the switch on my car?

Think I'm onto something with the staging limiter and switchable boost (and probably cruise for that matter). In the T1 SBEC cal, there's a problem with the temp RAM copy of the switch state not getting updated correctly. I'm sure the TIII code has the same issue. Just trying to track it down now.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

boostaholic

Let me know when you have something to test. I can send you my latest tune to update to. I have fine tuned the fuel for 72's a little better.

Rob, as a note, my cruise works flawlessly.
    Last edited by DoubleD; 08-14-2014 at 01:20 PM.

boostaholic

Paging Rob,
    Just got another T3 running with the turbonator last night. 91 spirit with he351. Upgraded to a full length spirit radiator, but after driving last night in 70 degree weather, temp rose to 225 and overflowed. Did not hear the fan on, but prior to this, while warming it up for 30 mins, the fan cycled on and off properly. Why would the fan not be coming on, could there be a bug? On another note, car pulled 18psi fantastic! No sign of knock, sensor never above .5v

Rob, as a note, my cruise works flawlessly.
    Really? SBEC or SBECII?
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Paging Rob,
    Just got another T3 running with the turbonator last night. 91 spirit with he351. Upgraded to a full length spirit radiator, but after driving last night in 70 degree weather, temp rose to 225 and overflowed. Did not hear the fan on, but prior to this, while warming it up for 30 mins, the fan cycled on and off properly. Why would the fan not be coming on, could there be a bug? On another note, car pulled 18psi fantastic! No sign of knock, sensor never above .5v
    Can't think of anything. Were the fan temps adjusted?
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    Really? SBEC or SBECII?
    Works on my sbec II in my r/t and my buddies sbec in his spirit r/t. Both ecu's work.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    Can't think of anything. Were the fan temps adjusted?
    I lowered all the turn on temps by ten degrees on the fan limits, maybe that is messing with it. I don't know, I'll try setting them back to the stock tune.

boostaholic

Turbonator T3

Rob, I responded to your post on the smec discussion. I can send you my latest tune and have you make the changes, then test it for main consumption

Rob, I responded to your post on the smec discussion. I can send you my latest tune and have you make the changes, then test it for main consumption
    I'll just post here when I'm done with all the updates. It's a small code change. You should be able to re-compile with your current template.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

boostaholic

So what you are saying is once you update the .asm file and post it on here. I can take the updated .asm and replace mine. Then recompile my .tpl and it should all work right.. Good to know!

boostaholic

Rob,
    Have you had a chance to update the ASM file for the Turbonator. I would like to start testing the staging limiter and the dual boost control.
    Please let me know when it is fixed and ready for testing.

Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

boostaholic

Have been trying out the new .ASM for a few days now and the Staging Limiter and Switchable boost are still not operational. I have tried all the different trigger switches and none of them seem to work. Sometimes when I flash the ECU I will loose cruise control. I re-flash it with the same tune and then its operational. Sometimes not everything flashes over.