Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More Utah stuff

Hybrid booster

More Utah stuff

So then what about all the guys with numbered cars that want to be part of a chapter but wish to not associate with the local younger douche canoes?

I can think of about 10 right off top of my head that have nice clean numbered shelby's that would like being a chapter but have stated to me emphatically they dont want to have to be part of the "CLIQUE" out here.

So would there need to be 2 chapters in same state, Or because certain people do not get along they can not be a SDAC member? And like some have said there aint alot of us as it is so why does there have to be such an issue out here? And another few said whats in the water lol Well to answer that question, UTAH is a totally strange and unique culture that is not like any other state. I been from Montana to AZ and LA to Chicago and everywhere in between and people out here are just something else. Most wouldnt hang in other states in the real world.
    And its easy to make people think your a good guy when you buy them off or they dont know your true nature cuz fronts are easy to put on.

That said there are a few Chargers running around and a couple Nice CSX's and Shelby Daytonas that are not part of the clique I have seen lately.
    Last edited by sdac guy; 04-30-2010 at 09:53 AM.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: Utah chapter, still trying.

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyLancer282 View Post
    So then what about all the guys with numbered cars that want to be part of a chapter but wish to not associate with the local younger douche canoes?
    Respect goes both ways and calling people names doesnt help anything.

First off, If you want to go hang out, go hang out, if you dont go, it sounds more like your problem than anyonse elses?

In general, many clubs have a variety of people of different ages, but if they all like the same cars, then there is a common interest. Everyone has different interests too... some rather drag race and some rather show, and everyone likes different music, but the point is still the same, we all like these cars. Put the differences aside and try to get along brothers!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Respect goes both ways and calling people names doesnt help anything.

First off, If you want to go hang out, go hang out, if you dont go, it sounds more like your problem than anyonse elses?

In general, many clubs have a variety of people of different ages, but if they all like the same cars, then there is a common interest. Everyone has different interests too... some rather drag race and some rather show, and everyone likes different music, but the point is still the same, we all like these cars. Put the differences aside and try to get along brothers!

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Turbo224's Avatar

~Tyler Larsen~Salt Lake City~
    -92 Daytona R/T (T3/T4 Hybrid, Quaife, etc...)
    -86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Woody (winter beast)
    -01 Audi TT Quattro (daily driver)
    -71 Plymouth Cuda 440-6pk tribute

Check out my Homepage

Hybrid booster

There goes another one....

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

More Utah stuff

I applaud the fact that someone is interested enough to try to organize a chapter, and to organize meetings of folks.

But the negativism shown in SL282's post is not needed in this thread. It is not constructive, it isn't even constructive criticism. It's just negative.

I moved one thread today because 1) it was sort of a duplicate of this, and 2) it started going the drama way.

From now on in this thread any post that I feel is a negative impact on what is trying to be accomplished by the others, well that post will be deleted as soon as I see it and I will not give any further warnings or advisories on it.

From now on out, I will not tolerate any drama in the SDAC forums.

BTW, that is one reason why a chapter is needed, so that folks will meet eye to eye and work all this stuff out.

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

Hybrid booster

Ok, I apologize that was a dig on my end. But thats what I mean certain people like dishing it but can't take it back? And Barry do I not have the right to defend myself against falsehoods spoken against me? Yes I should try to word things more constructively I admit, But how can I if when I try to it gets squelched? I would be more than happy to deal with it in person. But sadly most don't want to they want to dish out crap to me and hide behind the computer how is that right?

But yes I mean it is sad but peoples actions speak louder than words.
    And look at Tylers profile perfect example. I mean seriously? Jr high anyone lol.
    Look at all the Tyler's in news lately for stealing cars and robbing people and being overall scumbags. You don't see me making comments like that on my pro do ya?

Then I get told they move the "OFFICIAL TD"(Besides who made them the official authorized group anyways is there some commitee that approves them or not? lol) meets because they don't want me coming lol really and when I have a few friends that have TD's that wanna come WITH ME cuz they are my friends they cant because of that? I mean does that not sound a little grade school right there?
    Oh and Ryan telling brent and corey my personal life at brent's house even tho he knew he was twisting the facts to make me look bad, And then him telling me the reason Brett Lindsey didn't buy my brothers Shelby Lancer is cuz I had something to do with it, And it wasn't worth saving it for that reason (Really WTH like that is an honest reason??) when that is not how Brett Lindsey is whatsoever and why would he even go out the way to call ryan and tell him that in first place lol?. But it was more just an attempt to irritate and set me off and justify him destroying a beautiful numbered Shelby. But yet im the bad guy?

Mommy he hurt my feewings i dont wanna play wiff him no mores.

The only ones that don't have an elitist attitude is Clint and the Lindseys and Dempsey and Corby and a couple others.

Clint is a cool cat and a real car guy thru and thru and he has my utmost respect.
    And for everyone else GL with starting a new chapter and I think Clint has the right idea.

Oh and btw Clint My friend gary has a complete 89 Baron Coupe you may be interested in or not. he is just going to part and scrap it. I just saw your still looking for stuff for yours?

I love the idea of a known thief and problem causer being able to see what the plans are. This is a great idea. Not like anyone shows up but a couple of us anyway. lol People never showing up or supporting it was the killer. lol Even the OP of this thread hardley shows up because of this trouble maker. lol

Is this track thing going to happen or is it just talk? Id love to bring the shelby out and race some of ya.
    Last edited by bansheenut420; 04-14-2010 at 08:23 PM.

since I cant post anything without it getting deleted all I want to know is anyone else going to show up to the rmr thing this saturday? Shelbys itchin to run some of ya.

I meant to say ...
    since my post was edited.

IT WAS EDITED AGAIN, TRY AGAIN, GET BANNED - JT

See you guys at the meets. lol
    Last edited by BadAssPerformance; 04-15-2010 at 10:49 PM.

turbo addict

Excuse me, what is wrong with saying we don't want people who run a chop shop hanging out with us? He got busted with the motor and shell of a car of someone I know because he tried to sell it on local forums. Its going to take years for him to go through the court system. He is a thief. Busted with a lot of chopped up cars at his shop and recently even more shops that he was working with were busted.

He even went after numbered shelbys.

This is all cabin fever.

If you want a chapter, start hitting people up for membership fees. Don't bother talking about group activities that you won't go to. They already happen every month. All you have to do is ATTEND and talk to people about membership payments! Easy as that and you have an SDAC chapter!
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Everyone, please see POST 19 for the original warning. Posts have been edited and deleted due to various people stirring it up. This will not be tolerated anywhere on T-M.com. This is your final warning.

Thank you,

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by CSX153 View Post
    just havent seen your r/t in a while. was hoping you were bringing it
    Was also a little concerned that I had created a problem with me bringing up the fact you never show up to the meets you wanted to start. lol At this point (im sure this post will get deleted, but I will post it on a site where speaking your mind is allowed) I would rather see the local TD guys hang out with the utah nissan guys. They show up, they have good meets and are just all around good car people. Plus, its free. Dont have to pay to be part of the group. They all just love cars, regardless of the make. SDAC doesnt care about anything but east coast stuff. We will NEVER get a chapter, and if by chance we did. No one would support it. The local car clubs are the best. Great car people, non snobs, and accepting of any car. I will continue to support the local TD meets if they happen. But, sdac, no, never. Its a joke. Like I said, sure this post will get deleted, but I will post it also on a site where I can speak my mind. And weather the utah guys actuall post there or not, they still read it. I see the stats. lol
    Will continue to support things like cars and coffee, local TD meets, utah nissans, utah hondas, utah mopars, slcsr, and other good car meets. But, sdac is a joke. Too many good car clubs around to have to try and worry about getting a "chapter." and pay for it. I payed last year, got a sticker. woot. which will stay on my car with a big X though it. lol But, had far more fun at some of the other local meets because of all the cars. And, they were free. lol

Why delete it? You assume a lot, but you really don't have a clue. We came so close to having our annual event in Vegas this year. Team Shelby would have been our MAJOR sponsor for the event making certain that the event was a success financially. But scheduling conflicts with them prevented the event from progressing past the initial discussions.

There are people on this board from the west coast that were involved in those discussions on our behalf, and we all were disappointed when it all fell through. Maybe it will happen in the future years. I don't know.

But just so you don't mislead folks that may be interested in an SDAC chapter in Utah, whether the chapter charges dues or not is up to the chapter leadership. SDAC doesn't collect any money from any chapter once it is established.

One thing we do use to evaluate the possible success of a future west coast event, is the member list. Currently we have less than 40 SDAC members from Colorado west (zip code 80000 or higher). Another way to look at it, is that less than 10% of our membership lives in that area.

Put a big read X through your SDAC decal, that doesn't bother me at all. And keep fighting against an SDAC chapter. That doesn't bother me at all either. You are only hurting your own numbers in the end.

Barry
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

Quote Originally Posted by sdac guy View Post
    Why delete it? You assume a lot, but you really don't have a clue. We came so close to having our annual event in Vegas this year. Team Shelby would have been our MAJOR sponsor for the event making certain that the event was a success financially. But scheduling conflicts with them prevented the event from progressing past the initial discussions.

There are people on this board from the west coast that were involved in those discussions on our behalf, and we all were disappointed when it all fell through. Maybe it will happen in the future years. I don't know.

But just so you don't mislead folks that may be interested in an SDAC chapter in Utah, whether the chapter charges dues or not is up to the chapter leadership. SDAC doesn't collect any money from any chapter once it is established.

One thing we do use to evaluate the possible success of a future west coast event, is the member list. Currently we have less than 40 SDAC members from Colorado west (zip code 80000 or higher). Another way to look at it, is that less than 10% of our membership lives in that area.

Put a big read X through your SDAC decal, that doesn't bother me at all. And keep fighting against an SDAC chapter. That doesn't bother me at all either. You are only hurting your own numbers in the end.

Barry
    lmfao You have deleted everything else. Figured this would vanish too. I am not a member of sdac so, me saying how big a joke it is wont hurt me either. Too many good local car clubs around to have to pay for a chapter that will never happen. lol Already working on the big red X. Couple of my buddies are too. lol We dont care a bit about sdac. Like I said, too many good local car clubs that actuall meet, and are free. To me, there are no numbers, so Im not hurting a thing. lol The car clubs Im a member of have no president, no bs, just cars. Thats how I like it. I know none of the stuff I do bothers you, becasue you dont care. lol So, why should I when there are SO many great car people around me locally? Yeah, thats right, I shouldnt. And dont. I will continue to support mopars at the strip, becuase it has nothing to do with sdac. If establishing an sdac chapter here has nothing to do with money, we would have already gotten it. Because I know Im not the only utah memeber that wasted there money on a sticker. lol "Hurting my own numbers" wtf do you mean? I dont care about sdac. Just my local clubs.
    Last edited by Aries_Turbo; 04-29-2010 at 12:09 PM.

I am sorry Cory. I did delete your last post, and it was because of my mistake. I hit the edit button instead of quote, and ruined your posting with my reply.

If you want to repost it, I will reply to it again.

Sorry,

Barry
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

Quote Originally Posted by sdac guy View Post
    I am sorry Cory. I did delete your last post, and it was because of my mistake. I hit the edit button instead of quote, and ruined your posting with my reply.

If you want to repost it, I will reply to it again.

Sorry,

Barry
    lmfao. Yeah, mistake. sure. lol Its all good. I can say what I need to say to the utah members in person, or on site where speaking your mind is allowed. Much better than the net anyway. All of these have been reposted on a site where I can speak my mind. NO big deal. lol
    Im lol'ing at all this.

and, please call me bansheenut. Friends can call my by my name.
    Thanks.

Well when you tell them in person, just be sure to explain what you mean when you say SDAC is in it only for the money.

For example, using your membership. YOU joined SDAC on July 9, 2007. We advertise that for the $30 membership you get one year and about 5-6 issues of the newsletter.

But because we were a little slow on putting out a few issues back in that time frame we extended everyone's membership by 8 months (including yours).

And then when it happened again in the winter of 2008-9, we extended them yet again. Your membership finally expired in July 0f 2009, two years and 9 issues after you paid your $30. Yeah you're right, we're only in it for the money. That's why you got twice the time and 1.5 times the number of issues promised for your money.

But I really don't expect you to bring this up to anyone. After all it doesn't fit with your viewpoint about the way things work, even though what I've said above is the exact truth.

Barry
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

being an admin on another site, I know you could fix your "mistake" but, it wasnt a mistake. lol
    I will be sure to let everyone know that for the 30 bucks they spend they will get a sticker and no support. But, I dont really need to say that as they already see that. For 30 bucks I got a sticker and a poorly printed (well not even printed, its off a color copy machine, I work in printing) newsletter every few months. I will be sure to bring it up. Trust me, I am as upfront in person as on the net. lol People know the truth, otherwise sdac would have a chapter in utah. lol Trust me, I will speak my mind in person. already have to some people. But, it doesnt really matter to many GOOD car clubs local that I dont have to worry about this crap. lol
    Just remember to people like you, its bansheenut. Only my friends can call me by my name.
    Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast