Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More Utah stuff

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Turbo224's Avatar

Re: Utah chapter, still trying.

I will chime in here. I agree with Cory that SDAC doesn't do nearly enough on this side of the country. I totally understand why, but I still think it sucks. I would love to continue to support SDAC because it is the only national club for the cars I love, but I dont see a lot of benefit in it. I liked my sticker though.

As for a local SDAC chapter, I would love to be a part of that if it ever comes together. We certainly have enough enthusiast around the state to support it, but I think the recent economic trouble has really hurt a lot of the members around here. I personally haven't even had the money to license and insure my R/T this year, not too mention putting money into any upgrades. Another problem is that there has been some serious drama between quite a few members around here. It is no wonder to me why a lot of the members around here dont show to meets. I can think of no less than five different disagreements between different members from Utah. Half the guys around here dont want to show to the meets because they dont want to deal with someone they have had troubles with in the past. And if Devin ever showed, im fairly sure everyone would leave including Cory. . I think is will be a while before everyones issues have time to settle and fade away.

That being said, I am sure everyone has a different excuse why they dont come, but none of them really matter. Cory is right, if people really want to support the hobby we need to SHOW UP! I for one have little room to talk because I haven't been to any for a LONG time. I could care less if people do or dont want to organize a chapter, but what I do care is that the few shelby dodge guys that around the valley have some sort of organization or get togethers.

And finally, everyone can think what they want about Cory, but he is hands down the most passionate shelby dodge enthusiast in Utah. I doubt anyone in Utah has spent more time and money on their car in the last five years than he has. Regardless of weather you agree with him or not, understand that he truly cares about this hobby, and thats whats important.

Btw, at some point when this discussion is over, what do you guys say to deleting ALL the posts in this thread (including this one) that aren't related to the original subject? Just a thought.

~Tyler Larsen~Salt Lake City~
    -92 Daytona R/T (T3/T4 Hybrid, Quaife, etc...)
    -86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Woody (winter beast)
    -01 Audi TT Quattro (daily driver)
    -71 Plymouth Cuda 440-6pk tribute

Check out my Homepage

I have no problem with saying yes. lol I agree with you the internet sucks. lol My biggest issue is lack of support. The starter of this thread hardley shows up. Yes, I know we are all busy people and things come up. But, its hard to start anything when its me, my veedub buddy and one other TD'er. Ive tried, showed up to every meet but a couple. Even then, my veedub buddy has been there. No one showed but one other TDer most of the time. Reason I bring up the nissan thing is because I have had such a great time, and soo many good meets with them. They support the car hobby more than thier keyboards. lol
    I agree its been a interesting dissucssuion. Didnt mean to cause a problem. And Im glad nothing go deleted but the one post. People were intersted in the original thread that was started, but no support. Again, I know we are all busy, but if this is something they wanted it should have been supported. Most of our meets, we have more "other" cars than TD's most of the time. lol Thats the reason I brought up the nissan thing. Every other car "club" has lots of support and attendance. Ive heard the complaint that we need to do something other than meeting at the park or the pie. Like going to the track or crusies. Ive brought that up so many times at meets that I am out of breath about it. lol Either no one shows up, or no one commits. Again, know everyone is busy, but if there is to be some kind of club, we need support.
    Thanks for the discussion, and not deleting my posts. I see where your coming from and hope you see what I mean too.
    thanks.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    I'd love to come hang out and race with you guys. I always think its neat to meet other enthusiasts and see other cars.

Ya know, sometimes I really hate the internet and forums and BS cuz all people see is opinions other people type and all you say in this thread is negative so it is hard to see you supporting anyhting. Sure you say you went to the meets and stuff then, which is cool, but now all you say is "I hate stickers and newsletters" and "I'd rather hang out with Nissans" and that doesn't sound too supportive.

OK, lets hear some of the other Utah enthusiasts chime in now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Sounds like you were ahead of the times... I see a lot more people interested in a Chapter this thread now

Stop saying "No" and start saying "Yes" and I wont say you're the problem

I agree, I dont know about "Utah stuff" ... thats the damn internet, meeting people we dont actually get to meet, LOL...

I have to say it has been a most interesting discussion. Goodnight my friend, and I really do hope that a Utah SDAC Chapter is possible
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo224 View Post
    I will chime in here. I agree with Cory that SDAC doesn't do nearly enough on this side of the country. I totally understand why, but I still think it sucks. I would love to continue to support SDAC because it is the only national club for the cars I love, but I dont see a lot of benefit in it. I liked my sticker though.

As for a local SDAC chapter, I would love to be a part of that if it ever comes together. We certainly have enough enthusiast around the state to support it, but I think the recent economic trouble has really hurt a lot of the members around here. I personally haven't even had the money to license and insure my R/T this year, not too mention putting money into any upgrades. Another problem is that there has been some serious drama between quite a few members around here. It is no wonder to me why a lot of the members around here dont show to meets. I can think of no less than five different disagreements between different members from Utah. Half the guys around here dont want to show to the meets because they dont want to deal with someone they have had troubles with in the past. And if Devin ever showed, im fairly sure everyone would leave including Cory. . I think is will be a while before everyones issues have time to settle and fade away.

That being said, I am sure everyone has a different excuse why they dont come, but none of them really matter. Cory is right, if people really want to support the hobby we need to SHOW UP! I for one have little room to talk because I haven't been to any for a LONG time. I could care less if people do or dont want to organize a chapter, but what I do care is that the few shelby dodge guys that around the valley have some sort of organization or get togethers.

And finally, everyone can think what they want about Cory, but he is hands down the most passionate shelby dodge enthusiast in Utah. I doubt anyone in Utah has spent more time and money on their car in the last five years than he has. Regardless of weather you agree with him or not, understand that he truly cares about this hobby, and thats whats important.

Btw, at some point when this discussion is over, what do you guys say to deleting ALL the posts in this thread (including this one) that aren't related to the original subject? Just a thought.
    Thanks Tyler. That is another issue I have is, to be honest, I dont feel welcome here. But, a known trouble maker is. I have a serious issue with letting my plans of where I am or what Im doing with my car to a known troublemaker. I love cars, and I love car people. Utah guys are awesome, and I dont want my post to reflect otherwise. Just trying to express my frustration with things. Hope everyone sees where Im coming from. Cars are my passion, and car people go along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo224 View Post

As for a local SDAC chapter, Half the guys around here dont want to show to the meets because they dont want to deal with someone they have had troubles with in the past. And if Devin ever showed, im fairly sure everyone would leave including Cory. .
    That is part of my issue. And, yes I would leave. We have moved locations just for that fact.
    Thanks again Tyler.

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

B-nut, you talk about SDAC not supporting the Utah folks. Let's get some facts straight here.

IIRC it was you that originally asked me what it would take to start a chapter (a few years back). I laid out the method to you at that time, just as I have done again in this thread. That was to organize meets and once the meets have a following and you know you have folks that are serious about a chapter, then come back and we will do the chapter paperwork, etc.

In 2007 four of you in the SLC area joined SDAC. I only have 5 Utah people in the SDAC database total. Clint is the only one that has continued his membership.

When I saw the 4 new members from Utah I thought things might be progressing. But nobody ever got back to me about continuing the process toward getting a chapter status. You guys dropped the ball.

I never said get 3 others to join and you'll get a chapter. I said organize a few meets and see what the response is, so you can gauge whether folks are serious about wanting a chapter. I never heard another word back from any of you about a Utah chapter.

So then a new thread here pops up and you start saying SDAC never supported you guys. I don't know what kind of support you were looking for, as I never got any feedback from you at all. Not a word.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo224
    I've given that some thought already.

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

i think i fixed the deleted post as far as i can tell.

Brian

Yes you did. Thanks Brian.

For anyone that is interested, it is post #13 by Bansheenut420 that has been restored.

Barry
    Last edited by sdac guy; 04-30-2010 at 10:32 AM. Reason: to correct post number reference
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

boostaholic

wow i just sat here and read the whole post, and i will voice my opinion here....im sorry first of B-nut that u lack the organization skills that were explained to you by Barry.... its all about follow thru.... now that we all know u could give to shats about the SDAC... who cares!!!!we all have our opinions....ive been a part of the chicago chapter... which is in the midwest, not the east coast...for lil less than a year...big deal 30 bucks a year... get over it, if u dont want to pay it and be a member of the club which u claim is a joke, but has prob been around longer than uve been alive,( im guessing from ur childish behavior u present on the "interwebz") so if u dont want anything to do w/ SDAC STFU about it! if u want a chapter in utah... get off ur a$$ and follow thru w/ something....

too many people in this world looking for hand outs, and dont want anything to do w/ stepping up to the plate... we have many people in other chapters come down for a visit at the meetings....at any 1 meeting we have 15-20 members show up, we have member donating there time and effort to host at there own house....but it would not be possible w/o the members paying there dues and a few people who are "in charge" of the club... "give us a chapter"... give me a break....

im sorry for the rant, but when i read this. it did start to pi$$ me off!!!! opinions and enemas.....

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    +2 to this I think some good points were brought up but we don't need 1.5 pages of it
    We've been discussing this thread in the moderator forum. Instead of deleting posts and possibly offending someone, I will split the thread, moving all of the opinion, drama, etc to another thread which may become a general bitching/whining thread. That way folks that want to throw eggs at me or SDAC will have a proper place to do it.

But I will not take any action until the current drama settles down.

Barry
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

Hybrid booster

Utah chapter, still trying.

Ok, As per my legal counsel has suggested me to do in regards to the slander and continuous unfactual and unproven accusations against me. I am making a NOTICE as of Today April 29th 2010. And will be mailing certified copies to each member partaking in such actions as soon as possible according as my schedule permits.

First off, I am not a thief in any sense. I have not stolen anyone's cars or parts. And gossip and the like are not factual and are not admissible in any court of law.

Second, It has been my vehicles and property along with my friends that has been stolen and broken into NUMEROUS times. Once By a well liked member out here so take that how you will.

Third,
    I am no longer going to sit back and have my name and character defamed and ridiculed and the like, Especially with no cause. If as you say I was a thief and you all admit I know where you all live or store your cars wouldn't I have already done something?

Hmmm But wait that's right nothing has now has it? Seriously your logic and argument is fatally flawed and easily falls into the category if slander and libel along with defamation of character. And as it interferes with MY RIGHT to enjoy my hobby and partake in dealings with others in the hobby it can also be considered FRAUD.

And being that many of these statements have been made in a public domain, I have even further grounds as I have saved EVERYTHING posted. And that includes the threats of violence to me and my own. Along with certain members admissions of property damage and endangering me and my young child's life by throwing an object at my moving vehicle.

Fourth,
    These actions have and are causing me emotional anguish and mental duress as a result of your actions, And while I have been banned from td and others for simply trying to defend myself against such slander, While others are allowed to run rampant making defamatory and slanderous claims without check to which both the originators as well as any and all moderators and administrators can be held liable for in a lawful action.

I demand immediately for these baseless claims and accusations to cease and desist and if they do not, And I hear or see them continue in any shape or form after this date of demand and you receive your NOTICE's in the mail, I will proceed with a lawful action that will be unrecoverable by you.

BTW feel free to post this wherever you want
    Because I am done playing games with the bs and I tried to let it slide but I have had enough. And its time to make a statement.
    Last edited by ShelbyLancer282; 04-29-2010 at 05:38 PM.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

Wow....

for a second I thought I was on xsuckspeed where all the ricers b!tch and moan over everything. I'm sorry, but banshee, although you are an alright guy who loves these cars... those posts make you come across as a no-nothing ricer with his panties in a bunch.

I honestly do not know what the big deal about this was. From what I understood, the chapters are assicated with SDAC, but really manage themselves, so what's the big deal?! Besides, another aspect to SDAC is PRESERVING the history of these cars; something a local club would have no interest in. If you want a chapter, follow thru with it! Simple as that. No need to crying about how there's no support... there is.....

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyLancer282 View Post
    Ok, As per my legal counsel has suggested me to do in regards to the slander and continuous unfactual and unproven accusations against me. I am making a NOTICE as of Today April 29th 2010. And will be mailing certified copies to each member partaking in such actions as soon as possible according as my schedule permits.

First off, I am not a thief in any sense. I have not stolen anyone's cars or parts. And gossip and the like are not factual and are not admissible in any court of law.

Second, It has been my vehicles and property along with my friends that has been stolen and broken into NUMEROUS times. Once By a well liked member out here so take that how you will.

Third,
    I am no longer going to sit back and have my name and character defamed and ridiculed and the like, Especially with no cause. If as you say I was a thief and you all admit I know where you all live or store your cars wouldn't I have already done something?

Hmmm But wait that's right nothing has now has it? Seriously your logic and argument is fatally flawed and easily falls into the category if slander and libel along with defamation of character. And as it interferes with MY RIGHT to enjoy my hobby and partake in dealings with others in the hobby it can also be considered FRAUD.

And being that many of these statements have been made in a public domain, I have even further grounds as I have saved EVERYTHING posted. And that includes the threats of violence to me and my own. Along with certain members admissions of property damage and endangering me and my young child's life by throwing an object at my moving vehicle.

Fourth,
    These actions have and are causing me emotional anguish and mental duress as a result of your actions, And while I have been banned from td and others for simply trying to defend myself against such slander, While others are allowed to run rampant making defamatory and slanderous claims without check to which both the originators as well as any and all moderators and administrators can be held liable for in a lawful action.

I demand immediately for these baseless claims and accusations to cease and desist and if they do not, And I hear or see them continue in any shape or form after this date of demand and you receive your NOTICE's in the mail, I will proceed with a lawful action that will be unrecoverable by you.

BTW feel free to post this wherever you want
    Because I am done playing games with the bs and I tried to let it slide but I have had enough. And its time to make a statement.
    Ok, WTH is this?! If i sued over every time I was called a name I'd be a millionaire. Geebus, lighten up.. its the internet. No one believes whats on the internet anyways. Its crap like this thats whats wrong with the world. But I digress.

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Turbo224's Avatar

Lol @ Devin. I assume that post was a joke because I laughed my --- off.

~Tyler Larsen~Salt Lake City~
    -92 Daytona R/T (T3/T4 Hybrid, Quaife, etc...)
    -86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Woody (winter beast)
    -01 Audi TT Quattro (daily driver)
    -71 Plymouth Cuda 440-6pk tribute

Check out my Homepage

Hybrid booster

Wow, really. You guy are all active in a thread like this and wonder why no one comes to the meets? You are all amazing.

And as far as the post that no other TD guy has more money into their car than Cory? LOL that's funny. I wish I only had that much in my POS hehehe.

But really. You guys. Grow up, let's get these hunks of shiht out to the race track where they belong and have a good time. Isn't that why you got into these things to begin with anyway?

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by dodgeshadowchik View Post
    Ok, WTH is this?! If i sued over every time I was called a name I'd be a millionaire. Geebus, lighten up.. its the internet. No one believes whats on the internet anyways. Its crap like this thats whats wrong with the world. But I digress.
    Its a long dull story of some ethugings and a lot arguing for pointless and dumb stuff. I'm pretty sure he has been banned for putting those claims up of suing people and even making threats his self. I think he is getting close to being banned from about 10 to 20 different forums, because he doesn't know when to stop talking and walk away.

Re: More Utah stuff

So this is all the drama posts originally from the Utah chapter thread. They were moved here so that thread can continue in a positive manner and not be polluted by arguing.

Any further negative, argumentative, or other posts not on topic in that thread will also be moved here.

Also, all posts that were originally deleted in the other thread have been restored and moved here as well as restoring the original posting by Shelbylancer282 which starts this thread.

This thread is now being locked as no further comment is needed. Since much of the complaints by bansheenut420 were specific to SDAC, we will leave this thread here in the SDAC Chapters forum.

Barry
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

Hybrid booster

Why was my comment moved to the other thread? I was just making a comment. I wasn't arguing with anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubmbass View Post
    Why was my comment moved to the other thread? I was just making a comment. I wasn't arguing with anybody.
    Context.

If it was left in the chapter thread, the opening line would have lost it's context and wouldn't have made much sense. The rest of your post was pretty much on topic, so it was a judgment call on my part.

Yours was not the only post moved for that reason.

I cleaned up the Utah thread per requests from folks posting there, and with agreement of the admin staff. So posts in that thread must apply only to chapter formation or activities.

Barry
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123