Thread: Blazer door sag

Hybrid booster

Blazer door sag

I looked at the hinges and it looks like they bolt in way up behind the dash.. Is there any way to adjust these that doesn't involve stripping the interior? It's a 96 4dr

boostaholic

Re: Blazer door sag

Open the door, grab the bottom of it and pull up on it. If the door moves up and down then there's a problem.

Usually the pin wears out or the holes that the pin goes into wears out. They might sell a kit with a larger pin where you pull the door off and drill out the hole a bit and insert the larger pin. But I'm not sure. Either way it's probably not an adjustment.
    Pete Faggella 03 PT Cruiser, 2.4L N/A 5 speed. Daily driver. All stock with baby moon wheels. 85 LeBaron 2.2TBI auto. Hoped I'd see a difference with bumped compression, but I didn't. Still slow. "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!'"

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

They should have a pin and bushing kit for the worn pin/hinge issue. They make a tool that sits on the striker and has a handle about 1.5 feet long. It has a striker pin on the door latch side of the handle that the door latches to. You lift up on the handle and it adjusts the door. Don't know how far it will adjust a door and if the hinges are really bad, it might not be able to do anything for it.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

99% the pins and bushings are worn out. Dorman makes a kit, like $3, I just did my 98, door sagged like 3/4 of an inch, but because the wife drives it, never bothered me.

Anyhow, you need to borrow the tool to put the spring back in, top hinge, but you can easily remove it with a pry bar, watch your face. Get a floor jack with a small piece of 2x4 on it, jack up the door so no loading on the pins, drive them both out and bushings, install new ones, put the spring back in, lube and done, 30 mins TOPS.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

The door moves up and down when I pull on it. Try to close it without lifting and it just bangs. Definitely worn pins. I was thinking about how I fix lebaron and daytona doors, I just hold the door up with a jack and 2x4, loosen the hinge, and set the hinge to where it closes nice.
    I'll take a look at the pins.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jory View Post
    The door moves up and down when I pull on it. Try to close it without lifting and it just bangs. Definitely worn pins. I was thinking about how I fix lebaron and daytona doors, I just hold the door up with a jack and 2x4, loosen the hinge, and set the hinge to where it closes nice.
    I'll take a look at the pins.
    You can't loosen the hinges, they are welded on.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

some GM have an adjustable striker, look on the end if it looks like a torx then stick one in and loosen it, might just need a small adhustment