Thread: Fuel line Question

turbo addict

Fuel line Question

So I'm getting ready to get the Dakota up and running next week and the plan was to get a fuel pump hanger out of a later fuel injected truck and put it in the tank with a Walbro 255. My question is about fuel lines, I want to redo them because the factory rusted out lines are 5/16 and I want a 3/8's feed and either a 5/16 or 3/8 return. I don't really want to spring for AN hose but I'm having a hard time finding some hard line suitable for high pressure systems.

To the guys that have redone their fuel lines, where did you get the hard line and what type of metal did you use?

turbo addict

Re: Fuel line Question

the sell 3/8 alum and stainless at summit racing. Or your local parts store will have 3/8 and 5/16" steel "brake"/fuel line in whatever length you want. Normally just buy a roll of 20-25 ft for ~$25

I've used the aluminum in the past. I'm going to be doing it again on the Aries shortly.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

I used 3/8" aluminum from Summit on my Spirit R/T. Never again!! It corroded badly under the clamps that hold it to the bottom of the car. It eventually got so bad that I had fuel spraying out. The clamps were rubber lined steel ones from Summit and I think the dissimilar metals caused a reaction and pitted the aluminum line, but only under the clamps.

Have you heard of this stuff?

http://cunifer.com/

Looks like it would work great and be pretty forgiving on installation. I'm replacing all the fuel line on my Spirit R/T with this stuff or the 5' sections of 3/8" straight steel tube from NAPA. Not sure which I'll use yet.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    I used 3/8" aluminum from Summit on my Spirit R/T. Never again!! It corroded badly under the clamps that hold it to the bottom of the car. It eventually got so bad that I had fuel spraying out. The clamps were rubber lined steel ones from Summit and I think the dissimilar metals caused a reaction and pitted the aluminum line, but only under the clamps.

Have you heard of this stuff?

http://cunifer.com/

Looks like it would work great and be pretty forgiving on installation. I'm replacing all the fuel line on my Spirit R/T with this stuff or the 5' sections of 3/8" straight steel tube from NAPA. Not sure which I'll use yet.
    cool stuff but thats freakin expensive. I can get stainless meant for CNG cars for that much and I could use it for everything. Its rated for 10000-12000psi so you could never burst it and it will last forever. It also looks awesome.